Sauna on Serenity and Symphony

wine-wine-wine

1 hour ago, wine-wine-wine said:

DW and I have been spoiled by the Nordic Spa on Viking yet miss our beloved sailings on Serenity. 

Is there a sauna available for guests? If so is there a fee to use it?

Many thanks!

Separate men's & women's changing rooms, showers, steam & saunas. No additional fees. Open 8am-9:30pm every day. The saunas on Serenity have a huge window facing the ocean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ryndam said:

Separate men's & women's changing rooms, showers, steam & saunas. No additional fees. Open 8am-9:30pm every day. The saunas on Serenity have a huge window facing the ocean.

Many thanks!!! That is reassuring. We are considering canceling a Seabourn cruise in 2025 for DW’s milestone birthday and scheduling Symphony instead. I’m sure Symphony’s setup is similarly wonderful. 

8 minutes ago, wine-wine-wine said:

I’m sure Symphony’s setup is similarly wonderful. 

Symphony similar, but a bit smaller in size due to it being a smaller ship. Same separate facilities (but no window in the sauna).

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I never knew one could use the showers, steam rooms and sauna rooms without booking a spa experience (like a massage or facial) in conjunction. Just shows you what I don't know. How does it work? Do you just walk up and say you want to use the sauna or steam room? Do you need a reservation?  Are these truly included in the cruise with no additional charge? Thank you! What a great discovery. I like to use a sauna after a workout.

Edited by Cruise-y

4 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

I never knew one could use the showers, steam rooms and sauna rooms without booking a spa experience (like a massage or facial) in conjunction. Just shows you what I don't know. How does it work? Do you just walk up and say you want to use the sauna or steam room? Do you need a reservation?  Are these truly included in the cruise with no additional charge? Thank you! What a great discovery. I like to use a sauna after a workout.

Pretty much.  Full disclosure: I have not been on NC yet, but yes, it's pretty simple  I would go up to the spa reception desk, and say I wanted to use a locker and the facilities.  The desk would give me a key for a locker, and ask for my room card, and off I would go to use the locker room and whatever else.  When I was done, I'd hand back the key and they would give me my room card back.  Easy peasy.

This is actually what I usually do on embarkation day.  This does involve planning a little to bring your gym clothes in hand carry, but after lunch and whatever first day errands (adjusting specialty reservations, library, etc.), I usually get a locker, change, workout, and then steam/sauna/shower.  By then, cabin and luggage are always ready!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

It's my understanding there are a number of women who send their husbands to the spa to use the showers there so the women can get ready in the evening alone. The showers have all the shampoo, soap, etc., and even provide disposable razors. Things like this separate Crystal from the mass market cruise lines.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

It's my understanding there are a number of women who send their husbands to the spa to use the showers there so the women can get ready in the evening alone. The showers have all the shampoo, soap, etc., and even provide disposable razors. Things like this separate Crystal from the mass market cruise lines.

+1 Patty.  I know several who do this.

Keith

10 hours ago, Cruise-y said:

Or, if you don’t need a locker, just bypass the spa desk and go directly to the changing room. There are bins of towels, water bottles and plenty of common area hooks to hang your street or gym clothes without the need to obtain a locker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1