Norwegian Cruise Line Edocs Not Downloading/Showing - Only 2 days left!

Hi Im sailing out of NYC in two days. I booked two rooms with family. For one of the rooms, I added a wifi package during Online Check-In; it seems like there was an issue processing the payment, and now it shows online check-in is complete (the wifi package even shows up as a purchase on myNCL), but my Edoc for that room is not available. The other rooms have no issues. Any possible solutions?? My travel agent said she can't do anything but she'll try contacting tech support tomorrow. Luggage tags not an issue since I have other rooms. Very stressful as this is my first cruise. 

I hope I will still be able to board because online check-in and other payments have been done, right? All insights would be appreciated! 

while (1) in over 25 cruises with ncl  i have never encountered this problem, but more importantly (2) why did you wait so long before advising anyone at ncl (or even your travel agent) that there was a problem?  Docs usually show up within 24 hrs of the 21 day check in (assuming you have correctly filled out the required information) after about a week, if you didnt get the docs, why didnt you take some affirmative action on your own. 

Firstly, I booked the cruise just 3-4 weeks ago. I completed online check in and since all of the different accounts have different emails, I received the confirmation that your edocs were ready on one of the emails. I assumed they were both ok to go. It also shows that check in was completed 100% for all guests. Do you think I will run into issues at the pier?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CRUICE CNL said:

Firstly, I booked the cruise just 3-4 weeks ago. I completed online check in and since all of the different accounts have different emails, I received the confirmation that your edocs were ready on one of the emails. I assumed they were both ok to go. It also shows that check in was completed 100% for all guests. Do you think I will run into issues at the pier?

You don’t need the docs 

1 hour ago, CRUICE CNL said:

I don’t need them printed/visible? Or is it fine if they haven’t been ‘issued’? 

No, on my cruise earlier in December no one even asked to see them. I always just save the screen shot on my phone.  As long as you have your passport, they can find you on the manifest. Relax and enjoy your cruise. 

26 minutes ago, CRUICE CNL said:

They can find me on the manifest event if the edocs was never ‘issued’ with online check in complete? 

Do you have your confirmation email from when you booked the cruise or made the last change? If you are more comfortable printing something out, take that with you. You cannot download edocs once you hit the 72 hour mark prior to your cruise. You aren't the first person not to have them and you won't be the last. 

Ok. I have the myNCL homepage which shows my room number, my names and everything as well as a check mark showing online check in is complete. 

My current embarkation time is 12:30pm for a 4pm departure. Do you think it’s crucial for me to get their sooner? 

19 minutes ago, CRUICE CNL said:

Ok. I have the myNCL homepage which shows my room number, my names and everything as well as a check mark showing online check in is complete. 

My current embarkation time is 12:30pm for a 4pm departure. Do you think it’s crucial for me to get their sooner? 

Stop. Breath. Back in the day before everyone had printers people were still able to check in and board.  NCL has all your info.  Technically those Edocs are for you.  They will be able to process you with no problems.  Just tel them you couldn't print them.   Bring a copy of any other documentation like the page showing your room, etc. and something that shows paid in full just to be safe and for your peace of mind.  No it certainly is not crucial for you to arrive sooner.  But, they don't look at assigned times, and if you want to get there earlier, you may be able to board sooner.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CRUICE CNL said:

Does anyone have any advice for embarkation from NYC? I've heard its much more difficult than ports like Miami...

Regarding what aspect of the port ? Getting there by car? by bus, by ferry ? Parking ? Luggage drop off ? Checking in ? Waiting lounge ? 

7 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

you'll find that no one will ever ask you for your edocs anyway.  Totally not needed.  You don't even need to do online check-in.  so, you should be good to go 

Isn't that the first thing they ask for when you enter the building?  Last cruise the guy asked for my eDocs and I gave him that and my passport card.  He then, for some strange reason, asked to see my driver's license.  Why?  Who knows.  I think it was his first day on the job.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Isn't that the first thing they ask for when you enter the building?  Last cruise the guy asked for my eDocs and I gave him that and my passport card.  He then, for some strange reason, asked to see my driver's license.  Why?  Who knows.  I think it was his first day on the job.

I usually just show them my ID.  They are just checking your name off their manifest.  Don't know why they asked for your ID over your passport card, but I think they do require a photo ID.  that being said, I've never seen a passport card.  Do they have a photo on it?

37 minutes ago, CRUICE CNL said:

I was mostly wondering if they will enforce the 50 pound baggage limit. I’m taking 4 pieces for 6 people and some of them are 25kg. Will I run into issues?

No, they do not enforce the limit unless the suitcase is way way over the limit

6 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I usually just show them my ID.  They are just checking your name off their manifest.  Don't know why they asked for your ID over your passport card, but I think they do require a photo ID.  that being said, I've never seen a passport card.  Do they have a photo on it?

Yes.  A passport card is superior to a driver's license in every way.  Even a realID license, which I have.  I think the guy was brand new.  After giving him my license, he scanned my eDocs while comparing with my license.  Other than my name, I have no idea what he was comparing.  I guess, ostensibly, they ask for eDocs to check your assigned port arrival time, but that's just a guess.

• Like 1