LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

15 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

🤔 Hmmmm ... as much as I wish I were on the Prima again and as wonderful as I believe I am, I am not, in fact, currently on the Prima but hope to be in a few months. Perhaps you met my doppelganger? 

I warned @graphicguyand @RocketMan275you'd be stealthily surprising them.

Nice try with the doppleganger thing...

• Haha 4

Jphome safe and sounds after a wonderful cruise on the Prima. Best part was meeting GraphicGuy, ggTexasGal, and LindaM.  Great people.

we were lucky enough to get in on the BTS tour and dinner with the Captain.  I was seated next to the captain at dinner and during some silliness we were all having about things we’d like to do on a ship, I replied that I wanted to blow the hen.  He turned to me and said “we can do that”. So he invited everyone who was at the dinner for a bridge tour the next afternoon, which he personally conducted for 30 minutes and as we were leaving he stopped me and said, 

“let’s go blow the horn rn”. And I did!!!!   He is such a delightful man. 

DH thinks roughly enjoyed the Veterans Gathering.  Well attended, nice snacks, and a group photo was taken along with each attendee with the three officers who were there.  Later that night each attended their photos and a group photo.  Nice touch. 

the common area furniture is all very comfortable and very heavy.  And our balc My furniture was the best ever!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Jphome safe and sounds after a wonderful cruise on the Prima. Best part was meeting GraphicGuy, ggTexasGal, and LindaM.  Great people.

we were lucky enough to get in on the BTS tour and dinner with the Captain.  I was seated next to the captain at dinner and during some silliness we were all having about things we’d like to do on a ship, I replied that I wanted to blow the hen.  He turned to me and said “we can do that”. So he invited everyone who was at the dinner for a bridge tour the next afternoon, which he personally conducted for 30 minutes and as we were leaving he stopped me and said, 

“let’s go blow the horn rn”. And I did!!!!   He is such a delightful man. 

DH thinks roughly enjoyed the Veterans Gathering.  Well attended, nice snacks, and a group photo was taken along with each attendee with the three officers who were there.  Later that night each attended their photos and a group photo.  Nice touch. 

the common area furniture is all very comfortable and very heavy.  And our balc My furniture was the best ever!

It seems they went out of their way to

really go over  and above.  I had forgot about signing up for dinner with the crew.  

Pleasure seeing all the CC folks.  We have a good group!

@mking8288…sitting at LGA waiting for my flight home and thought of you!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

@mking8288sitting at LGA waiting for my flight home 

TGIF, hanging out at one of the nieces' house over dinner, and their watch commander nudging us to share ...  He's interested in that pot of braised beef stew.  Isn't ours mouth-watering 😸 😁 🤗

Collage_2024-02-09_18_54_09.thumb.jpg.d81f98b41257707287740df88ef5a8a3.jpg

What do you think of the new LGA main terminal ?  That's a long layover to connect ... routed no on a regional jet again ? 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

It seems they went out of their way to

really go over  and above.  I had forgot about signing up for dinner with the crew.  

Pleasure seeing all the CC folks.  We have a good group!

@mking8288…sitting at LGA waiting for my flight home and thought of you!

IAH to LGA to CVG.   Delta Overshot my destination by going to New York  but am flying on points.  Took them long enough but LGA looks good…bright and new vs old and dingy!

Grub looks great.  For me, since I have  NOTHING in the fridge, I’ll be doing something fast food-ish on the way home!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

..home safe and sounds after a wonderful cruise on the Prima. Best part was meeting GraphicGuy, ggTexasGal, and LindaM.  Great people.

Thank you @MagnoliaBlossom!  We tremendously enjoyed meeting each of you!

Sadly, BG did NOT receive any photos on this cruise from the military gathering. 🤔😒

(Perhaps it was placed at someone else's door by a crew member with dyslexia?!)

@graphicguy Thank you for setting up the M&G!!!  Hopefully, you are fully healed very soon!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Nope, I’ve never met any of the folks I mentioned in person.  But some of us have been chatting online for years.  What a treat it was.

Absolutely.  Loved meeting everyone that I've chatted with for years on CC and then get to meet them in person.  Wonderful!

26 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Thank you @MagnoliaBlossom!  We tremendously enjoyed meeting each of you!

Sadly, BG did NOT receive any photos on this cruise from the military gathering. 🤔😒

(Perhaps it was placed at someone else's door by a crew member with dyslexia?!)

@graphicguy Thank you for setting up the M&G!!!  Hopefully, you are fully healed very soon!!!

I am sorry I missed the military get together.  There were some things that I just forgot about or I had to much going on to try to squeeze in all in.

Wonderful to actually put faces to names.

It was my pleasure to set up the M&G.  NCL loves hosting us, too.  They were great to work with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I am sorry I missed the military get together.  There were some things that I just forgot about or I had to much going on to try to squeeze in all in.

Wonderful to actually put faces to names.

It was my pleasure to set up the M&G.  NCL loves hosting us, too.  They were great to work with.

Glad to see you made it home.  

Made it in about 730 last night.

Picked up the boys from the kennel this morning.  They were happy to see us.

Great cruise, even managed to lose 3.5 pounds.

Drop me an email.

• Like 4

On 2/8/2024 at 2:19 PM, graphicguy said:

Captain relayed the experience of picking up refugees out adrift last week.  They had been adrift since December….6 men, 2 women (both pregnant)…all in poor health, malnourished and dehydrated!.  They were treated by on board Medical staff and are still in the Hospital in Mexico.  

Someone posted a long video of that event on youtube showing the group adrift and then the launch going out to get them. Very sad indeed. 

What happens to the makeshift vessel when folks are rescued?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Someone posted a long video of that event on youtube showing the group adrift and then the launch going out to get them. Very sad indeed. 

What happens to the makeshift vessel when folks are rescued?

Captain said they leave it for the sea to consume!

48 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Glad to see you made it home.  

Made it in about 730 last night.

Picked up the boys from the kennel this morning.  They were happy to see us.

Great cruise, even managed to lose 3.5 pounds.

Drop me an email.

Will do.  

Glad you and your beautiful wife  made it home no worse for the wear.  

Just picked up this little girl!

IMG_1088.jpeg

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Captain said they leave it for the sea to consume!

Along with all their personal items.  They brought them nboard took their clothing and incinerated it, gave them new clothing and has them attended to by the infirmary.  He said they had not had food or water for 20 days.  A few fish they managed to catch and some rainwater but he said it was pitiful, the condition they were in.  Two of the women were pregnant.  They consulted the head chef about a diet that would not overly tax their GI system as they had been fasting for so long and he took care of them.  They returned to Costa Maya to deliver them to the Mexican authorities, which is why they were late arriving back at port for disembarking.

off the subject but as he told us about ports that can be difficult, he said the captains refer to CM as Costa Maybe.  I thought that was cute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Along with all their personal items.  They brought them nboard took their clothing and incinerated it, gave them new clothing and has them attended to by the infirmary.  He said they had not had food or water for 20 days.  A few fish they managed to catch and some rainwater but he said it was pitiful, the condition they were in.  Two of the women were pregnant.  They consulted the head chef about a diet that would not overly tax their GI system as they had been fasting for so long and he took care of them.  They returned to Costa Maya to deliver them to the Mexican authorities, which is why they were late arriving back at port for disembarking.

off the subject but as he told us about ports that can be difficult, he said the captains refer to CM as Costa Maybe.  I thought that was cute.

Yeah…Capt relayed the same to me.  

Funny about “Costa Maybe”!

Capt Rodger said he wanted his 2nd in Command (can’t recall her name) to be promoted and get her own ship.

I liked him a lot.  He said he and Capt Kate on the Celebrity Beyond are friends.  Both are guest focused.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

There used to be an NCL Captain who called Costa Maya-- "Costa Missa".

• Haha 3

Get some rest.  Please come back and give us a full review or mini review what you liked what you didn't like.  Most important give us an update on your foot.  Curious to hear how the travel insurance worked out or what you were charged.  We all need to learn.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I'm organizing the M&G on our April sailing.  Did you do anything specific or just let folks mingle?  From previous ones, it seems folks are 50/50 about which they prefer -- activities or mingle.

8 minutes ago, DuckTollerFans said:

I'm organizing the M&G on our April sailing.  Did you do anything specific or just let folks mingle?  From previous ones, it seems folks are 50/50 about which they prefer -- activities or mingle.

Activities?  Do you mean like Cabin Crawls?  I've done gift exchanges in the past, but it was a mixed bag.  Some participated, some didn't.  That meant not everyone who gave a gift, got a gift in return.  Some like Slot Pulls, but again, it seems to be a mixed bag.  

I think if you have anyone who wants to participate in doing something like a Cabin Crawl, I'd recommend starting early to see who is willing to participate and draw up a route of the cabins and do it immediately after the Meet and Greet, otherwise even the participants tend to drop out.