LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

19 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Check out the pilot transfer on my Prima trip to Bermuda back in 2022.  Unique view due to the glass walkway.:

Thank you for the video @PistolPete13. So few people understand what dangers the pilots face every day. When passengers complain about not being able to port due to inclement weather and hazardous conditions, they should try to attempt how pilots jump on and off the ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Thank you for the video @PistolPete13. So few people understand what dangers the pilots face every day. When passengers complain about not being able to port due to inclement weather and hazardous conditions, they should try to attempt how pilots jump on and off the ship.

I really love going on YouTube to watch pilots in action on those harsh seas. It's insane what they do! They make it look so easy. I'd definitely wind up in the drink.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I really love going on YouTube to watch pilots in action on those harsh seas. It's insane what they do! They make it look so easy. I'd definitely wind up in the drink.

It wouldn't end well for me either.

• Haha 3

Didn’t expect this, but received a phone call from NCL “Guest Experience Co-ordinator” regarding my injuries sustained while doing a header via the puddle at The Local..  Gave him the verbal experience that ai relayed to onboard medical and security personnel on the Prima.  

They seemed concerned and asked if they could get back to me tomorrow!

OK…sure!   

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Didn’t expect this, but received a phone call from NCL “Guest Experience Co-ordinator” regarding my injuries sustained while doing a header via the puddle at The Local..  Gave him the verbal experience that ai relayed to onboard medical and security personnel on the Prima.  

They seemed concerned and asked if they could get back to me tomorrow!

OK…sure!   

This is what happens when you are a celebrity. Soon the paparazzi follows. 

• Haha 6

The crew staff response was all CYA from what you reported.. and that was just not appropriate.

At the very least the crew/staff needs retraining and they need to identify the why re that leak. I wonder others have slipped there as well. 

Several who followed you here are on the TA in April

2 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

The crew staff response was all CYA from what you reported.. and that was just not appropriate.

At the very least the crew/staff needs retraining and they need to identify the why re that leak. I wonder others have slipped there as well. 

Several who followed you here are on the TA in April

That's exactly what it is...CYA!

I doubt they are going to offer anything more than "we're sorry it happened".  I'll take that.  I wasn't expecting anything to begin with.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

That's exactly what it is...CYA!

I doubt they are going to offer anything more than "we're sorry it happened".  I'll take that.  I wasn't expecting anything to begin with.

Actually, the fall was all your fault.  If you had stayed on that bar stool in the Haven bar, this would never have happened.

• Haha 9

Well...just got off the phone with NCL HQ. Someone who sounded official.  I didn't catch the title but he sounded quite official and conciliatory.  As I told him..."that's why they call them 'accidents'!

Anyway, he said NCL wanted to do something for me.  I said "free cruise"?  He chuckled and also said probably not.  But, he said he'd come up with something good.  I'll assume he means cookies and hash browns.

He's supposed to drop something to me via email today.

I see this happening somewhere along the lines of "here's a couple of bucks of OBC.  But, you have to sign this paper absolving us of any further legal action".

Or, something to that effect.....

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The Guest Service Co-Ordinator agreed that he felt is was "unusual" for the Medical Center to "quiz" me about my

A) Sobriety

B) My willingness to pay for their services given the circumstances

He also said all crew are trained to help injured or sick passengers.  He seemed most disturbed that no one in the Local offered to get a wheelchair and take me to Medical.

I'm not going to speculate.  But, if that's how they're trained, I think they may need to give them a "refresher" course.  Because, that's not what they did....not even remotely.

He asked how I got to Medical.  I told him it was a combination hop on one leg, a hobble to not lose my balance again and a weird new dance that should be ™ by me.

I thought I was being funny.  It sounded like he was taking down my description word for word, though.

Still kind of surprised they reached out.  Usually, once you're off the ship and the final bill is paid, that's all you get.  Your time with them is over...until next time.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I told him it was a combination hop on one leg, a hobble to not lose my balance again and a weird new dance that should be ™ by me.

you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself about🕺

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So, got the answer I was waiting for.  The NCL rep did seem genuinely concerned, or it could indeed be CYA.  I'd like to believe it's the former and NCL cares.  He did say these incidents are reviewed at HQ and wanted to hear my recounting of the events.  They were no different than what I relayed to Medical on the ship.  They took pics, but I had the wherewithal to take my own...more for posting here in the review to whine and try generate your sympathy (and y'all failed me....LOL!).  

NCL rep asked if I would email them, so I did.

NCL just responded.

servlet.ImageServer?id=015E0000004nUOd&oid=00DE0000000aUlY

xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx

Re: Norwegian Prima Voyage of 2/2/2024

Dear xxxxxxxxx:

Thank you again for speaking with me yesterday. 

We do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about how your slip and fall was handled onboard. Your feedback has been sent to both our shoreside management team and the masters of the Prima for their review so that they may provide coaching and corrective actions as needed. 

I hope the bruising and tenderness fade quickly and that you are feeling better soon.

If you have further questions or concerns feel free to respond to this message chain or reach out by phone. My number is xxxxxxxxxx.

As a genuine indication of our concern and to settle the matter regarding your injury, we have arranged for a cruise credit, valid towards the cruise fare only on one future voyage. To use your cruise credit, please contact your travel professional or our reservations department at 1(800) 327-7030, and refer to your Latitudes Rewards numbers at the time of booking. The number and amount are as follow:

xxxxxxxxxxx - ID# 2xxxxxxxxxxx - GUEST RELATIONS 25% OFF

Please note cruise credits must be applied within 12 months but are valid for sailings up to 24 months from the date of this email. They are non-transferable, and have no cash value. They cannot be applied to government taxes and fees, airfare, insurance, hotel packages, and other add-ons. They are not combinable with other future cruise credits or fare reduction coupons.

Thank you for this opportunity to address your concerns. We certainly hope that you will consider Norwegian Cruise Line in your future travel plans, so that we may have another opportunity to meet your expectations.

Sincerely,

Sxxxxxxxxxxx
Guest Experience Coordinator
Norwegian Cruise Line
Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@graphicguy we were all, and continue to be, profoundly concerned for your health and safety. 😉

Now bring your GF and come join your fans on the Prima TA in April using those generous credits! The ship would roll out the red carpet for you everywhere you go, mostly because they don't want you to slip and fall again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

@graphicguy we were all, and continue to be, profoundly concerned for your health and safety. 😉

Now bring your GF and come join your fans on the Prima TA in April using those generous credits! The ship would roll out the red carpet for you everywhere you go, mostly because they don't want you to slip and fall again.

I’d probably get the “side-eye” look from crew while mumbling under their breath….”that klutz is the reason we’re using hair dryers on the floor to keep it dry”!

I’ve been looking…kind of have my eye on the Joy sailing from Quebec!  Have to wait to see what the smarter half thinks!  

• Haha 3

@graphicguy  It's good to hear that HQ reached out to you, reasonably sure being with CruiseCritic and the trip report, somehow, got their attention ... as they do read/follow CC, perhaps using AI tool.

Earlier today, I was thinking, really (and, didn't get around to finish my post) - that they'll credit you a generous 15 or 20% FCC for your loyalty, that's better than OBC.  While you are at it, what's GF and your upcoming travel/vacation & cruising plan.  (And, seriously - the offer is kind and fairly generous of NCL, Susan & I as tiny NCLH shareholders do wish to give credits to HQ when they did the right thing)

An accidental fall can be fairly serious (especially for those of us in the "upper" age cohort) and thinking about it, crew that're in the area (granted, they "didn't see what & how it happened" etc.) could've / should've dial 911 for a medical (nurse) team to respond with a wheelchair or litter basket (stretcher/backboard) - do a quick triage & transport to the MC for x-ray & assessment, etc.  Just guessing here, we don't know what's their written protocols as trained.   Regardless, it is easy to be cyber-backseat drivers with our keyboards.  It's a life lesson on accident prevention and we should expect NCL's safety folks to come up with measures to mitigate ... a crew member with a hair dryer isn't it.  😉 

I'm going to stir things up from the small group here sailing on the upcoming TA, would love to have you join the 😆 rowdy and cool CC group ... imagine, 15 days on the Prima with a Forward Club Balcony Suite, it's the best available (highest category for new booking).  It's a good use and way to leverage that 25% offer, port taxes/fees/charges are quite low vs. other sailings.  @Sugar Magnoliahow does the sales pitch sound  😄

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

I'm going to stir things up from the small group here sailing on the upcoming TA, would love to have you join the 😆 rowdy and cool CC group ... imagine, 15 days on the Prima with a Forward Club Balcony Suite, it's the best available (highest category for new booking).  It's a good use and way to leverage that 25% offer, port taxes/fees/charges are quite low vs. other sailings.  @Sugar Magnoliahow does the sales pitch sound  😄

Good job @mking8288! Though I have a feeling our buddy would insist on offering his lady nothing less than Haven. Having said that, he could probably just pick up the phone and request a Haven room for our Prima sailing and it would magically happen.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Having said that, he could probably just pick up the phone and request a Haven room for our Prima sailing and it would magically happen.

Last Spring's Epic TA, which I was tracking inventory closely, had blocks of cabins sold out, re-appear, sold out again and so forth, at least bidding was going on (but awarded very early ... we didn't bid up) Something odd going with this Spring TA, in a different way.  

I think the regular senior hotel & ship officers will be back by April, if not sooner from their leaves/vacations ... although, I suspect some of the crews & officers will be disembarking in BCN and head home, their turns for vacation (flights are less expensive from there ...)  Going to a fun, especially now that "the rain is gone ... wrap speed, et. al."  Hoping we'll get to see the 2024 newer & different menu variations when we step foot on the Prima.  

We better leave Dan alone since GF isn't likely going to be happy w him taking another solo cruise ... and the puppy.  

BTW, hello DuckTollerFans ... all is well & good.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

I was just thinking, I have been so invested in cruising, especially since I retired, I keep wondering if there's something wrong with me.  I do enjoy it, though.

Which brings me to this most recent turn of events.  I'm not NCL's best customer, I'm sure....not by a long shot.  Lots of folks in these threads have sailed NCL way more than me.  So, would NCL make an offer like that if I were a first time cruiser and had a similar accident?  Or, do they actually care?

I have posted here in the review.  Maybe NCL saw it, maybe they didn't.  I have to believe they have probably an entire dept that reviews any passenger accident that requires a trip to their Medical facility.  I am assuming they read my statement at the time I originally made it.  Thus, they reached out vs just letting it go.  Probably some of it was done to mitigate any legal ramifications.  But, they have not asked me to sign a waiver to get the discount, either.  I can only assume it's a combination of concern (for a middling customer), CYA and fear of legal actions.  I never threatened nor suggested as much.

Recovery?  Still sore..still black and blue... just a little less so than 10 days ago.

I was spying a Virgin cruise, an MSC cruise, and now an NCL cruise.  Which gets me back to my original statement.  I think I have a problem.

I have to book on NCL by this time next year to get the discount.  Virgin seems to have high fares, but I have to figure out with the perks how that affects total out of pocket.  Last few times I've checked MSC, their fares are roughly the same as NCL's.  Royal fares have been high for the last couple of years.  Not sure why, except they've been cranking out new ships...Wonder, Icon, Odyssey.

Celebrity fares are high, too.

Discount pushes me back to NCL

GF isn't nearly as enamored with cruising as I am.  She'll go.  She's moe of a "staycation" person, though. That's well and good.  I sail wherever, whenever I have a chance, however. 

• Like 6