New Regent Promotion - upgrade your Horizon

UPGRADE YOUR HORIZON

Enjoy a FREE 2-CATEGORY SUITE UPGRADE and 50% Reduced Deposits — plus take advantage of Up To 20% Savings on select sailings aboard The World’s Most Luxurious Fleet™. Set your sights on the horizon and select your dream voyage from our vast collection of itineraries across every destination.

First they raise the fares, then they have a sale! This is a good opportunity if it works out for you.

Posted (edited)

Always good to check....  and they did raise the price for one we were looking at...

Seabourn has their Sail Away promotion - we saved 4K and 5K on two bookings

Silverseas had a Christmas sale -- only saved 1K

Explora had a 50% off Black Friday sale... (they did raise prices prior)

Edited by PaulMCO

What a con this is, we have two booked cruises this year, one has had the price reduced by 30% and a two cat upgrade, the other has a two cat upgrade offer. I had my travel agent contact them -  the first one that we are going on in April and have to pay the balance soon they offered a one cat upgrade from G to F and I would save £13 but lose my £400 on board spend and the suites offered were in a very noisy position on the ship with several complaints about these suites. The other one was the two cat free upgrade and was informed that it would cost us an extra £2000 per person! as they say the priced have increased a little since we booked.

• Like 2

I have found this works (USA experience) to add to existing booking only when booking is over a year away and, of course, the category you want to book (and sail) is still available.  Further, financially I have found this really works best on Mariner (E to C) or Navigator (G to E).  I am currently on Navigator in a C and when this sale came out in 2022 my TA was able to change my booking to an E upgraded to C and saved us $2,300.  Similar cruise on Explorer wherein we changed an F2 booking to G2 only saved us $1,000 for 30 day cruise.

At least in USA (where Regent doesn't dump inventory) booking early is usually best deal.  

Marc

I looked again and our cruise is now eligible. We booked originally at a well discounted rate in “D” and there is no savings to stay where I am, but there is a savings if I want to pay $10K more to get a penthouse “B” suite.  Will think about it.

Another caveat on these is that if you bump up from a veranda suite to a concierge suite, you get the suite (same size/layout) but NOT all of the amenities such as the included pre-cruise hotel night.  I'm not sure, you may get the extra WiFi logins, but it isn't that great of an incentive, IMO, especially if you're Silver of above and get the extra logins already...

I re-priced my late-'24 Grandeur cruise on this newest offer and the pricing was almost exactly the same as my Black Friday pricing--but I'd lose the Black Friday $1000 OBC.  So a no-brainer 'no thank you' for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Another caveat on these is that if you bump up from a veranda suite to a concierge suite, you get the suite (same size/layout) but NOT all of the amenities such as the included pre-cruise hotel night.  I'm not sure, you may get the extra WiFi logins, but it isn't that great of an incentive, IMO, especially if you're Silver of above and get the extra logins already...

Excellent point, Bill.  Best Regards!

Posted (edited)

Yes but the two Category upgrades also include an upgrade to a PH, which in our case was a 3K savings.  Reduced deposits was at less than 10%.

You just have to factor the "free" pre cruise night (we all know it is not free) into the mix.  You do get the extra amenities of wifi logins and early bookings of excursions.

Edited by PaulMCO

On 1/4/2024 at 10:57 AM, UUNetBill said:

Well, who am I to disagree with the famous UUNetBill..........But I do respectfully disagree Bill. First this is from the website:

Indulge in all the amenities that come with your FREE 2-CATEGORY SUITE UPGRADE and 50% REDUCED DEPOSITS on every ship and across every destination. Be it the FREE 1-Night Pre-Cruise Hotel Package that comes with your Concierge Suite or the personalized attention of your butler in a Penthouse Suite, relish the incredible experience of awakening each day in your elegant accommodations as you sail the world in all-inclusive luxury.

Yesterday I did the upgrade on a 2025 Voyager sailing from a G to an E. On my online itinerary it added the additional night indicating the pre-embarkation hotel. This was a change from an onboard booking in which you are able to make one change to your booking (One get out of jail free card)

I agree 100% with your comment if you are offered or purchase an upgrade shortly before sailing. In those situations I have only done an upgrade to a PH to take advantage of the larger suite and they were clear it didn't include the pre-cruise hotel night.

2 hours ago, taxare said:

Well, who am I to disagree with the famous UUNetBill..........But I do respectfully disagree Bill.

Taxare, thank you for the education.  It appears that Regent has updated the policy, which is nice.  I suppose I could have actually read the blurb rather than just going from my admittedly spotty memory.  🤣 

As a reference point- we have two cruises on RSSC in 2025. They were booked last year. Both cruises offer the 2 category upgrade. I was able to cancel both cruises (was on a veranda cabin) and rebook and got a Penthouse C for $1200 pp and $1500 pp and naturally we took the offer. On Silversea, they will not let me cancel and rebook when they have a similar promotion. Points for RSSC over Silversea in my opinion!  

1 hour ago, harbourside said:

How does this work.  Are the prices on the website the new reduced prices?????

Here is how it worked for me- on one cruise the prices were the same so I canceled my veranda suite and then booked a Concierge suite two categories under Penthouse C and I was upgraded to the Penthouse C. Additional cost was $2400 for both of us. On the other cruise the prices had gone up about $250pp so it was $3000 for both for the Penthouse. I hope this answers your question. 

3 hours ago, harbourside said:

How does this work.  Are the prices on the website the new reduced prices?????

For us, when I checked two of our booked cruises: one was only about $200 less for same level of cabin.  The other, a Tokyo to Tokyo in 2025 was $1300 less for same level.

We had our TA ask about this one, and the our total was reduced immediately.

• Like 1