Oasis Love & Marriage Show

I am disappointed Oasis of the Seas has the Love and Marriage show during the day.  It is 3:30 in the afternoon.  That is pool and outdoor time.  L&M show should be an after dinner/late night show after the kids go to bed and when we want to sit back and have a laugh.  I'd much rather be at the pool or outside than sitting in the theater.  I really like this show.  However, I do not want to go in and change or scrape off the sunscreen and sweat after laying by the pool.  RCCL, change this back to the evening like it used to be or is on other RCCL ships.  PLEASE!

I would agree with the OP, but for other reasons. Having watched it a number of times in the evening, we watched it once when it was in the afternoon, and it was much more tame/reserved, and quite frankly kind of meh. The CD was obviously holding back because there were a lot more and younger kids in the audience, and that really affected the way the contestants answered also.

That said, they need a larger rotation of questions. I swear it's the same questions every time, it's no longer a "must see" for us, and I doubt we'd ever go in the afternoon again.

The other thing is that the prizes for the winner used to be much better. I think last time we watched it, they all 3 got the same bottle of sparkling wine, and on a Jewel B2B Arctic Circle then Iceland/Ireland (2021), I swear they didn't even have it on one of them, and on the other, no one got any prizes at all! They used to have a gift basket with a number of items, including things like 2 watch gifts sets in addition to the sparkling wine.

I was on the Anthem in November and they had the Love and Marriage show once at night and once during the day.  I was surprised with the day show since it is usually recommended for adults.  I didn't attend so I can't comment on how it was.

We met the "elderly couple" from one show.  Seems they cruised a lot and were always selected for the show because they had rehearsed their answers, which were quite humorous.  So it may not be as spontaneous as some would think.

Hi,

Me and my wife used to enter this show for a bit of a laugh and even if you did not win you still got a nice bottle of sparling wine for taking part.

However, we have not taken part recently as we are both on our second marriage and have been married for 15 years so do not fall into the newly wed area anymore nor the over 40 year area either, so would end up having to do silly things like play tarzan and jane with other couples for a chance for the middle couple. We have had our share so we let anyone else who wants to take part do it.

I agree that the questions are roughly the same and although they are sometimes slightly different from ship to ship, it is not hard to rehearse an answer beforehand which I suspect a few have done.

Royal are slow with changing questions for any of their quizes.

Again, this show used to be on at night in the Theatre around 10pm aimed at adults only, but on my last few cruises it has sometimes been on during the day and the theatre has had many families in it as a result.

Maybe Royal are trying to make all things kiddie friendly to attract more families perhaps? 

Its a shame, as it was nice to be able to let your hair down and have a bit of fun without saying or doing something that may easily offend some people that maybe should not be there in the first place if the show was on at a decent time and the rules were enforced.

Mick.

We saw it on Oasis a few months back, during the day, and we loved it. The CD repeated a few times that it wasn't for kids, and we saw none in the theater....one crying baby, but no kids that would actually understand or hear anything. It was pretty raunchy, as well. We aren't pool people, so I actually enjoyed having something else to do during the day rather than all of the activities jammed in at night.