Aboard Serenity Jan 5-18: Renewing the Adventure

gmarsh

1 hour ago, History&Wine said:

@ryndam

About the gin...is this the only liquor in your room?  Did you request gin or is Crystal just encouraging sampling?  No mixers provided?

Dwight

Dwight, we have an ever multiplying assortment of gin samplers. Plus 1 liter bottles of Knob Creek and Grey Goose. And white wine. And red wine. And a fridge full of enough mixers, waters and soft drinks to open our own 7-Eleven!

Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, History&Wine said:

@ryndam

About the gin...is this the only liquor in your room?  Did you request gin or is Crystal just encouraging sampling?  No mixers provided?

Keith said bring back warm weather...Heck...send it now!  It's freaking cold here!

Dwight

There is also a bottle of champagne in my room. 🍾

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

10 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

does anyone attend the single group meetings?  if yes, what does on?

just curious.

I just got off the Serenity a few weeks ago and I don’t remember any solo travelers’ meetings. I was told that there is a solo traveler’s table that you can join each night in any of the restaurants, which I did.

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Drink up. Eat up.

And bring back to our state warm weather. 

Keith. 

What??? You don't like the Polar Vortex weather we sent down to you?? 😁 

Actually, be thankful you have not had the full hit from this. It was -50C at the Edmonton airport on the weekend, and at that temperature it really doesn't matter if that is C or F!! We are expecting -14C/-20C with the windchill here tonight, and even by our standards for January, that is cold! 😮😮

4 hours ago, LoveBora said:

That osso buco looks amazing. Does Crystal provide marrow forks?

I also had the osso bucco tonite. And the answer to your question is yes. It was delicious.

Rob

5 hours ago, Roland4 said:

Actually, be thankful you have not had the full hit from this. It was -50C at the Edmonton airport on the weekend, and at that temperature it really doesn't matter if that is C or F!! We are expecting -14C/-20C with the windchill here tonight, and even by our standards for January, that is cold! 😮😮

-47 here on Friday morning.  Four successive mornings of -40 or lower.  House was toasty warm at 21.

January 12 sunrise.jpg

7 hours ago, Roland4 said:

We might have to close the borders to keep your arctic weather out of here.  Maybe we can build super duper fans to push anything sent our way back to you.  🤗

Keith

• Haha 2

Good morning!

This not your Captain speaking.

We are just off the coast of Hispaniola in the drizzle.  No matter, the coffee is fine and a very fresh apricot donut thing is making me happy.

Amazing sun rise.

Sea Day.  Trivia.  Must win that spa voucher🤪

G

IMG_1507.jpeg

IMG_1509.jpeg

IMG_1505.jpeg

• Like 8

13 hours ago, LoveBora said:

That osso buco looks amazing. Does Crystal provide marrow forks?

I have received only a thin knife for the osso buco. I have no idea if there is a special fork for it 🧐. But no problem to get the bone marrow out. 
Ivi

12 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

actually, the people that publish the daily reflections does show a singles group get together usually at 5PM each day.  that's where i see it every day.

This must be something new. Not on my cruise.

In relation to internet, for those coming on board for the next cruise back up in the cloud before boarding. The internet speeds onboard do not allow to back up onboard. I have not been able to back up since I have boarded. The IT people confirmed to me that this was not possible while onboard. 
Ivi

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

We might have to close the borders to keep your arctic weather out of here.  Maybe we can build super duper fans to push anything sent our way back to you.  🤗

Keith

Fair enough, but keep in mind that here in Central Canada, our worst snowstorms come up from Colorado and/or Texas, so turnabout would be fair play methinks!!😁😁

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

In relation to internet, for those coming on board for the next cruise back up in the cloud before boarding. The internet speeds onboard do not allow to back up onboard. I have not been able to back up since I have boarded. The IT people confirmed to me that this was not possible while onboard. 
Ivi

Oh, this isn’t good for world cruisers, is it?

The party’s not over just yet. Caviar, oysters Rockefeller, beef Wellington, king crab on offer in Waterside tonight. And we gain back an hour on the clock tonight. We’re plodding along at about 15 knots in a perfectly flat sea.

We’re staying onboard the next cruise through the Canal to San Diego. So no luggage tags for us just yet. Once we get to Miami, I’ll start a new thread for the continuing adventure. 

Thank you G for starting this thread and kindly allowing me to augment (and post menus and Reflections.)

Rob

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, ryndam said:

The party’s not over just yet. Caviar, oysters Rockefeller, beef Wellington, king crab on offer in Waterside tonight. And we gain back an hour on the clock tonight. We’re plodding along at about 15 knots in a perfectly flat sea.

We’re staying onboard the next cruise through the Canal to San Diego. So no luggage tags for us just yet. Once we get to Miami, I’ll start a new thread for the continuing adventure. 

Thank you G for starting this thread and kindly allowing me to augment (and post menus and Reflections.)

Rob

Best to you both as you continue the Adventure!   Great team work🥂😘.

It’s the bisque.

We hope to do a fall trip in ‘24 and then we’ve got the 2025 Christmas Cruise set for the family when the littlest ones are out of diapers.  I am full of hope Grandma and I won’t be in them🤪

G

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Rob and G... I want to thank you both for this thread...much appreciated.

Rob...hope to see you on the next segment.  Fingers crossed that I can make it to Miami tomorrow.  Most flights out of my airport were cancelled today due to weather.  🥶

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gmarsh said:

We hope to do a fall trip in ‘24 and then we’ve got the 2025 Christmas Cruise set for the family when the littlest ones are out of diapers.  I am full of hope Grandma and I won’t be in them🤪

It all Depends…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13