Applying for shareholder onboard credit.

EM35

1 hour ago, Bill Y said:

Excellent news.

May I ask if you automatically received confirmation from P&O or did you have to ask P&O or Stockperks for it? If you received it automatically how long from receiving “Successful OBC application to Itinerary” did it take.

I received a “Successful OBC application to Itinerary” notification this morning and have asked Stockperks what happens next regards a revised booking confirmation and are awaiting their reply.

The final confirmation that my onboard credit had been applied to my account came through first from Stockperks (email message as you have said above ' Successful OBC application to itinerary') and then 4 minutes later the updated confirmation from P&O according to my emails. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bill Y said:

Excellent news.

May I ask if you automatically received confirmation from P&O or did you have to ask P&O or Stockperks for it? If you received it automatically how long from receiving “Successful OBC application to Itinerary” did it take.

I received a “Successful OBC application to Itinerary” notification this morning and have asked Stockperks what happens next regards a revised booking confirmation and are awaiting their reply.

The Confirmation Booking Form came almost immediately from P&O with the new OBC. We do book direct with P&O, if you book through a travel agent it would need to come via them and could take longer. 

13 hours ago, EM35 said:

The final confirmation that my onboard credit had been applied to my account came through first from Stockperks (email message as you have said above ' Successful OBC application to itinerary') and then 4 minutes later the updated confirmation from P&O according to my emails. 

11 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

The Confirmation Booking Form came almost immediately from P&O with the new OBC. We do book direct with P&O, if you book through a travel agent it would need to come via them and could take longer. 

Thanks both,

I will chase my TA up next week. It's just that P&O used to tell you that "a revised booking confirmation that will show the added on board credit has been sent."

23 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

Thanks both,

I will chase my TA up next week. It's just that P&O used to tell you that "a revised booking confirmation that will show the added on board credit has been sent."

I book direct with P&O not through a TA so this may be why the process happened so quickly. I hope you get everything sorted. 

My TA has confirmed the additional OBC.

To recap, I have a paper certificate and don’t do apps. Emailed Stockperks the details they requested and a recent scan of the certificate. I received an “OBC Benefits Submission Acknowledgement” the same day, three day later I received “Successful OBC Application to Itinerary” I asked Stockperks  what happens next, would P&O respond and send out a revised confirmation invoice? I have not had a reply it seems that once Stockperks have issued “Successful” its job done and they wash their hands. But the good folk on here advised the they had received the revised confirmation from P&O straight after the Stockperks  Successful OBC application notification. So a day later contacted my TA.

I can’t help reflecting on my application to P&O last year when I was pleasantly surprised when the whole operation took less than three and a half hours. I just quoted my certificate and shareholder ref numbers. I am an if it’s not broken don’t fix it person. It seemed very quick and easy for P&O to check the certificate was still valid in real time. So why pay Stockperks to deal with people that hold the shares in their own name. I appreciate that for customers that don’t hold the shares it their own name that there may be a problem determining the veracity of  the submitted evidence from many different sources some of which may be screen shots that have been redacted by photo manipulation software. So P&O might want to outsource this. I can’t imagine that fraud is a major problem for the modest sums involved for each cruise. It probably would only be someone with too much time on their hands who wished to demonstrate their image manipulation prowess. But someone may wish to enlighten us.

This would appear to be fodder for a mischievous red top journo to link it to the new customers that P&O maybe attracting. It just would be nice for certificate holders to return to the 3 ½ hour service but I am not holding my breath.

25 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

It just would be nice for certificate holders to return to the 3 ½ hour service but I am not holding my breath.

Or even the days when we just used to phone a lovely lady called Karen who used to remember where you'd been on your last cruise and had a nice chat about the next one!

• Like 1

A final point about this process.

As I have another cruise booked for March, I yesterday applied for the OBC via Stocksperk within 12 hours I have received confirmation from Stocksperk to say the OBC credit has been applied and an updated booking confirmation from P&O. Therefore, although the initial process took just over a week it would appear subsequent applications could be much quicker.

• Like 4

Well true to my earlier fears of this Stocksperk not working has turned out to be true.

My first attempt was rejected as my dividend statement was too old. 
I then managed to get Equiniti to send me confirmation of my Carnival shares and they replied with letter in the timeframe they said. Upload it to SP and had an acknowlegement that I would get a reply in two days. That never happened so I sent a message to them via the app and still no reply. Next stage I duplicated a copy of the share confirmation I have again I am awaiting a reply.

I think my next step is to contact the carnival share desk at P&O (old system) and demand they sort it out, I have 54 days to the cruise

I downloaded Stocksperk app and applied by sending them copy of share certificate and was all accepted. Waiting a few days to apply for my cruise on Arvia in April when today received an e mail from my TA who had automatically applied to P&O for my Shareholder OBC. Enclosed was a new invoice with benefit OBC added so was a result without having to apply to Stocksperk.

I have just applied for OBC for an upcoming Princess cruise via Stockperks.  I uploaded a copy of my share certificate (dated 3 October 2022) and received the following message: "Unfortunately we had to reject your submission because it was too old."

It goes on to advise that I should upload recent images of my documentation from the last 3 months showing my name, my brokerage name, date of the documentation and the number of shares.

I have no idea what to do now as I only have the share certificate and do not have a broker.

Any advice on how to proceed from here folks?

Michele

I uploaded my share certificate dated 2011 and they have accepted that  I still have to claim the onboard credit once I have payed the balance .I was not anticipating any problems but in the meantime I contacted equinti and they provided letter dated 14/01/24 confirming my holding should I need to download it 

28 minutes ago, Bin man said:

I uploaded my share certificate dated 2011 and they have accepted that  I still have to claim the onboard credit once I have payed the balance .I was not anticipating any problems but in the meantime I contacted equinti and they provided letter dated 14/01/24 confirming my holding should I need to download it 

They also accepted an uploaded copy of my share certificate dated 2011 and before I could apply for my Shareholder OBC my TA had done it automatically direct with P&O.

42 minutes ago, michwat said:

I have just applied for OBC for an upcoming Princess cruise via Stockperks.  I uploaded a copy of my share certificate (dated 3 October 2022) and received the following message: "Unfortunately we had to reject your submission because it was too old."

It goes on to advise that I should upload recent images of my documentation from the last 3 months showing my name, my brokerage name, date of the documentation and the number of shares.

I have no idea what to do now as I only have the share certificate and do not have a broker.

Michele

I think it has always been a fact that you needed evidence dated within 3 months to receive OBC as, like Molecrochip said earlier in the thread, this is to stop people getting the benefit and selling their shares.

Which company were your shares purchased through?

I have mine through Halifax and just log in via my online banking; take a screenshot and then redact the information they don't need before sending the screenshot to P&O (or now Stocksperk). 

51 minutes ago, michwat said:

Michele

What did you put in the box that asked for broker name?

1 hour ago, michwat said:

Michele

When did you scan your certificate?

My first reaction was how silly to ask for a recent document, a certificate is a certificate it does not expire. Then I read at the bottom that it must be kept safe as it will have to be produced to sell the shares. So I scanned my nine year certificate and attached the scan to show that I still had it. This was accepted.

Edited by Bill Y

So tonight I have applied for my obc for cruise in May as I said actual balance not due for a couple of weeks .So will see what happens .So this is what I have done so far .Downloaded app set up account to 50 % sent photo of share original certificate dated 2011 and had reply back they have accepted it. Tonight logged in claimed obc for P and O cruise in May.Emailed back from Stockperks confirming application 5 working days to apply .Will let everyone know what happens later .

Sounds as though you did exactly the same as the rest have us have done.  Is it worth trying again and hoping a different person looks at it this time? Preferably someone who's concentrating...

1 hour ago, EM35 said:

I think it has always been a fact that you needed evidence dated within 3 months to receive OBC as, like Molecrochip said earlier in the thread, this is to stop people getting the benefit and selling their shares.

I have mine through Halifax and just log in via my online banking; take a screenshot and then redact the information they don't need before sending the screenshot to P&O (or now Stocksperk). 

Not if you have a share certificate which is only issued on purchase and never need to renew. Had my shares for over 12 yrs and applied for obc many times and never had to prove anything dated within last 3 months.

Shares are through Equiniti and all I have ever done is e mailed details of cruise and personal details and never been refused.

That's the same for me infact all I did was ask for the obc to be applied via email given cruise date ,ship and booking ref never even gave my share certificate no. except for the first time, just said once again applying for my 33rd cruise with you or what no the cruise was only once did I have to contact and complain and someone apologised for their mistake and applied obc .

13 hours ago, EM35 said:

I have held my shares with Equiniti for over 20 years (I think during that time Equiniti may have taken over the broker I actually bought the shares from) and only ever send my account reference and the cruise booking number, this has been fine for P&O, Princess, Holland America and Cunard. I always assumed that they had a method of checking.

11 hours ago, michwat said:

Exactly what I did when applying for my OBC for last years cruise - so easy!

Michele

@michwat I don't know if you sent a copy of your share certificate up via email as I did or used their App and it was a case of the computer says no. Other too have reported on here that a certificate has been acceptable to Stockperks.

I can only suggest you email Zac (customer support team) :- carnivalcorp@stockperks.com

Edited by Bill Y