Simply More Beverage Package Questions

Carnevale

3 hours ago, SATaxman said:

All soft drinks and all coffees are included with Oceania at no charge. To upgrade to the drink package from SM, it is $30/day and unlike other cruiselines, both of you do not need to upgrade. We were in an Oceania Suite on Marina in October, our first Oceania cruise. We have booked two cruises with the exact same suite. Enjoy every moment.

Thanks much.     After I relayed the message, Iain said you should have read the email from our TA he said you could upgrade for $30... LOL.     I just couldn't figure out when I looked for the upgrade on our reservation that it showed that huge price.  

I'm happy they allow only one party to order an upgrade.   We have been successful in only ordering one upgrade when I explain that I can't drink for medical reason's.   They have never forced the issue.   I can understand why they do it to prevent one person getting the package and buying drinks for others.     They will make a profit on me as I can't drink beer, wine or liquor.   Unfortunately it triggers Migraines.

2 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Great to see you on this board Jim and Iain.  I recognize you from elsewhere on CC where you have posted some very helpful info.  I hope you enjoy your sailing on Vista - she looks like a very nice new ship.

Thanks -- I'll be hanging out here on Oceania.    We have sailed exclusively on Celebrity for 23 years and like many other newbies here are refugees.   While we will still sail some on Celebrity I have a feeling we may be booking something else on Oceania real soon.   The more we research the more we like Oceania.

I actually like how they have the option of thins like drink packages.   As a Zenith on Celebrity we get Free Premium Internet and Premium Drink Packages etc but all the Loyalty benefits go away when you can't book suites without the perks included in your base fare.  

• Like 3

@1985rz1 and @babysteps  -   Thanks so much.  Everyone here is so helpful.  

This is going to be a fun new adventure.     It will be interesting to see how much we participate,  We rarely go to Show and  Captain's Cocktail.   Maybe we will have to break with old habits.   Free drinks have never been a priority and often our schedules don't work with a 5 or 5:30 Cocktail Party. 

Being European we eat really late e.g. 9:00 or as late as possible (I haven't even looked into this yet)  -   5-5:30 is when we are usually cleaning up and starting to get dressed for the evening.  

We enjoy a cruise as a place to live at sea and really don't need to be entertained constantly.   I told Iain I might not even leave the Owner's Suite.....LOL.   

• Like 3

On 1/9/2024 at 10:55 PM, Jim_Iain said:

@1985rz1 and @babysteps  -   Thanks so much.  Everyone here is so helpful.  

This is going to be a fun new adventure.     It will be interesting to see how much we participate,  We rarely go to Show and  Captain's Cocktail.   Maybe we will have to break with old habits.   Free drinks have never been a priority and often our schedules don't work with a 5 or 5:30 Cocktail Party. 

Being European we eat really late e.g. 9:00 or as late as possible (I haven't even looked into this yet)  -   5-5:30 is when we are usually cleaning up and starting to get dressed for the evening.  

We enjoy a cruise as a place to live at sea and really don't need to be entertained constantly.   I told Iain I might not even leave the Owner's Suite.....LOL.   

@Jim_Iain  Which cruise did you book with Oceania? I believe having booked an Owner's Suite that you will have more Specialty Restaurants that you can make reservations for about 90 days in advance.  Also believe you should have no problem with an 8:30 reservation or so, the 6-7:00 times seem to book very quickly.  We loved Toscano, our favorite and if given the opportunity to book more than once I would do that. 

We are the same as far as not needing to be entertained while on board, Oceania should be a good fit for you.  Service was wonderful (think Celebrity 10-15 years ago.)  Butler was outstanding and am sure in an Owner's Suite even better.

One of the things that we found and liked was that if we had questions ahead of time we weren't forced to go through our TA, the O staff answered happily and in fact when we first booked (before transferring to our TA) were told, "please call anytime you have questions."  Very refreshing.

Enjoy planning.  We also booked another O cruise on the Allura but that's not till 2025.  May have to find something in between.😀

1 minute ago, Gracie115 said:

@Jim_Iain  Which cruise did you book with Oceania? I believe having booked an Owner's Suite that you will have more Specialty Restaurants that you can make reservations for about 90 days in advance.  Also believe you should have no problem with an 8:30 reservation or so, the 6-7:00 times seem to book very quickly.  We loved Toscano, our favorite and if given the opportunity to book more than once I would do that. 

We are the same as far as not needing to be entertained while on board, Oceania should be a good fit for you.  Service was wonderful (think Celebrity 10-15 years ago.)  Butler was outstanding and am sure in an Owner's Suite even better.

One of the things that we found and liked was that if we had questions ahead of time we weren't forced to go through our TA, the O staff answered happily and in fact when we first booked (before transferring to our TA) were told, "please call anytime you have questions."  Very refreshing.

Enjoy planning.  We also booked another O cruise on the Allura but that's not till 2025.  May have to find something in between.😀

We "met" people on CC before we went on our October cruise. We were in an Oceania Suite, another couple was in an Owner's Suite and invite 10 of us to a first night cocktail party. It was lovely. Actually "twice" as lovely as our Oceania Suite. The 6 bottles of liquor (assuming you choose that instead of wine) are Liter bottles, not 750. Having our butler bring me a pitcher of iced tea and a bowl of lemon wedges every afternoon was great. We also requested a cocktail shaker, a citrus zester, and bowls of nuts and olives every afternoon. Enjoy being outside on your huge balcony. Hope that at least one of you plays the piano!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

@Jim_Iain  Which cruise did you book with Oceania? I believe having booked an Owner's Suite that you will have more Specialty Restaurants that you can make reservations for about 90 days in advance. 

• Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite 
    Advance reservations may be made on the date final payment is due and has been received until 7 days prior to sailing, which varies between 90 and 150 days, depending on length of sailing. 
  • Penthouse Suite 
    Reservations may be made 75-7 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.
  • Concierge Level Veranda 
    Reservations may be made 60-7 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full. 
  • Like 1

Just now, shepherd really said:

• Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite 
    Advance reservations may be made on the date final payment is due and has been received until 7 days prior to sailing, which varies between 90 and 150 days, depending on length of sailing. 
  • Penthouse Suite 
    Reservations may be made 75-7 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.
  • Concierge Level Veranda 
    Reservations may be made 60-7 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full. 

2 reservations in each of the 4 restaurants.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Although in practice you have great latitude in how many reservations you can get in the top suites.

It was a 10 day cruise. The other 2 nights we ate in Terrace Cafe. Greek food, beautiful weather to eat outside. Peeked into the GDR on our way off the ship. Never went there.

• Like 3

Just now, SATaxman said:

It was a 10 day cruise. The other 2 nights we ate in Terrace Cafe. Greek food, beautiful weather to eat outside. Peeked into the GDR on our way off the ship. Never went there.

I only go to the Grand Dining room when my traveling companions insist. This February I'm going to give it a couple more tries just for variety, but on non-specialty nights I really like Terrace, especially when the weather permits outdoor dining.

• Like 4

I was confused as well.  Not only is it not listed online, it gives me the option of purchasing it even though it's on the invoice as included?  They truly have an abysmal website.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, InsureFun said:

I was confused as well.  Not only is it not listed online, it gives me the option of purchasing it even though it's on the invoice as included?  They truly have an abysmal website.

It might help if you quoted the post you're replying to. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 2:34 PM, 1985rz1 said:

As several threads here have purported, the upgrade to the basic SM package can only be done while onboard, but I vaguely remember some said their TA was able to upgrade them.

I was able to upgrade my SM drink package before sailing (which still is over a month out) by calling Oceania directly. It only took a few minutes.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lighting said:

if you are not a drinker, will Oceana, allow you onboard credit, instead.  Thank you in advance.

I think the answer is no; however, they have both NA beer and wine available.

51 minutes ago, lighting said:

if you are not a drinker, will Oceana, allow you onboard credit, instead.  Thank you in advance.

No.

I assume you are talking about alcoholic drinks. As SATaxman says there are non alcoholic alternatives

If you don’t drink or take trips you have to think of the cost as the price of the cruise.

Lots of people who don’t drink sail Seabourn, Silversea, Regent and Viking all of whom include drinks but they realise when they book that the drinks are included in the price whether you drink them or not.

Guess you have to work out what an Oceania cruise is ‘worth’ to you.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, JYDCruise said:

I was able to upgrade my SM drink package before sailing (which still is over a month out) by calling Oceania directly. It only took a few minutes.

Has this policy changed?

For my previous Oceania cruise on the Insignia 15 months ago, we had to wait until we were onboard before we could upgrade the drink package.

44 minutes ago, bbqoug said:

Has this policy changed?

For my previous Oceania cruise on the Insignia 15 months ago, we had to wait until we were onboard before we could upgrade the drink package.

I don't know about the policy, but I was able to upgrade from SM to the "Prestige Select Beverage Package". Again, this was done by calling Oceania, and I did this >2 months before sailing. Just confirmed that by looking at my booking online, and it was correctly charged to my credit card. It also correctly shows that my son has not upgraded.

Edited by JYDCruise
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, JYDCruise said:

I don't know about the policy, but I was able to upgrade from SM to the "Prestige Select Beverage Package". Again, this was done by calling Oceania, and I did this >2 months before sailing. Just confirmed that by looking at my booking online, and it was correctly charged to my credit card. It also correctly shows that my son has not upgraded.

What was the per day cost? Thank for reporting this info. 

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Rod & Merry said:

Simply More House Beverage Package.  I have heard that the 20% gratuity is added to your room bill.  Is this correct?

Rod

No.  The SM beverage packages include gratuity.  Drinks not covered by the package have the 20% gratuity added.

The general gratuities ($18 per guest per day for Concierge Veranda and below; $23 per guest per day for Penthouse and above) are automatically add to your onboard account.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 2

Interesting thread.  Thanks to all who have contrtibuted.  Where can I find the list of included liquors, etc. that are included in the 'Prestige Select Beverage Package'.  I am referring to the $30 pp pd upgrade package.  Thanks so much. 

😊  🍸  🙂