New process for claiming shareholder OBC

elmsliebev

1 hour ago, Pushpit said:

I have now been through the Stockperks process for the first time, as a UK resident, so here are some details. I hold Carnival shares via my SIPP (pension plan with tax advantages) held with Hargreaves Lansdown, one the UK's largest financial institutions and a FTSE 100 member. 

In the past I have used the email address provided in post 74 above, which generates an auto-reply and sometimes works fine. Within a few days, maybe a week, I get an updated Booking Confirmation with the OBC showing on the right side. Sometimes though there is a delay in replying, then an initial refusal to pay the OBC, usually because some combination of name or date isn't on a single sided HL print outs, perhaps for security reasons. There is one report that has it all on, a quarterly investment statement, but I don't particularly enjoy sending my entire pension arrangements to Carnival. Given that I or my relatives have held these shares for 117 years I think Carnival should have got the hang of it by now. But eventually I get the Booking Confirmation, if all else fails they get the quarterly statement.

This time, and not prompted other than by this thread, I loaded Stockperks app on to my Android phone on Friday evening last week (9 February). There is the usual installation, registration, confirmation of email process, this all worked fine and immediately.

Still on 9 February, I then uploaded a manual copy of the HL report on my Carnival shares, the same one that 50% of times gets rejected by email. There is a real-time link for USA investors, I guess for outfits like Fidelity, but I took the European Investor route, so you upload a PDF of your broker statement. The screen says it takes 2 working days to check this.

Wednesday 14 February so > 2 working days elapsed, and no love for me from Stockperks, so I send a message in the App asking for an update. Maybe they were all busy on Mardi Gras, but the next day, Thursday, they confirmed my Carnival shares were validated. I then applied specifically for a sailing I have in May 2024, using the Booking Reference and date for that sailing, in Stockperks. That all worked fine, nothing to upload, and the screen reported back that I was to get confirmation of shareholder privileges within 5 working days.

This time Stockperks were super fast, next morning, today 16 February I had a confirmation email from Stockperks and 5 minutes later the usual revised Booking Confirmation from Cunard. So all done in just under 1 week.

Reflections: well particularly if I have another (Carnival) sailing within 3 months this would be a slicker way since my manually validated statement sits in the App all ready for the next booking. It would also have been slicker if the initial processing of the HL statement was a bit faster. But no email ping-pong with Carnival, so that's definitely better.

I uploaded my Carnival Share certificate Tuesday and it still says processing. Hope it would have been accepted by now ? I must look for the send message function. My app is on iPhone so shouldn’t make much difference. 

22 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I uploaded my Carnival Share certificate Tuesday and it still says processing. Hope it would have been accepted by now ? I must look for the send message function. My app is on iPhone so shouldn’t make much difference. 

On my timetable, of 3 working days rather than the 2 working days they state, you should be getting an email with the (repeated) subject "Manual Brokerage Statement" today or Monday. The message section of Stockperks isn't obvious: Profile / Contact Us

28 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

On my timetable, of 3 working days rather than the 2 working days they state, you should be getting an email with the (repeated) subject "Manual Brokerage Statement" today or Monday. The message section of Stockperks isn't obvious: Profile / Contact Us

Thank you and how funny I’ve just checked my email and it’s there. Have not got anything booked yet I can use it for until September but thought I would get ahead. 

• Like 1

The Ts and Cs under Cunard says - at the moment at least - that the provision is until 31 July 2024. Combined with a minimum 3 weeks application period I would hope this will get pushed out a bit soon.

1 hour ago, Pushpit said:

The Ts and Cs under Cunard says - at the moment at least - that the provision is until 31 July 2024. Combined with a minimum 3 weeks application period I would hope this will get pushed out a bit soon.

I'm 99% certain that that is because the perk has to be re-approved a year at a time and runs from 1 Aug to 31 Jul.  I can't remember whether it is granted when the Carnival Corp / plc annual report is issued or has to be approved at the AGM thereafter, but those take place in Mar / Apr respectively, so there'll be plenty of time thereafter to apply for cruises after 1 Aug (assuming that it is renewed this year and it will be a big surprise if it isn't).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NE John said:

I thought the 100 Carnival shares got us $100 OBC. At least that’s what we got in the past. 

I thought $100 was for 7 nights . I got $50 recently for 3 nights so not sure you would only get $100 for 14 nights 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is the email I received for the last lot claimed

Thank you for your email.

Your shareholder benefit has been applied and a revised booking confirmation that will show the added on board credit has been sent.
As you have booked directly with us you will receive this via your personal email address or by post.
Cunard - Sailings of 6 days or less $50. 7-13 days $100. 14 days or longer $250                                                  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Received this email this morning referring me to Stockperks for my Shareholder OBC

RESPONSE EMAIL ONLY - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

Thank you for contacting Carnival UK, Shareholder Benefits inbox, please accept this as an auto acknowledgement to confirm your email has been received.

If your email relates to a request for your shareholder onboard credit benefit for your upcoming sailing, please see the information below regarding a change to our current process.

Carnival Corporation have partnered with Stockperks, an application that connects retail investors to public companies to bring an improved, onboard credit request process. As P&O Cruises and Cunard form part of the Carnival Corporation we are now migrating to a new way to request and redeem your shareholder benefit through Stockperks.
Full details of the Carnival shareholder benefit program via Stockperks are available at https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp, including how to download the app and a video demo of how to upload your proof of CCL ownership in the app.

Below is some further information to assist you with understanding a little more about Stockperks.
What is Stockperks?
Stockperks is an app-based marketplace that connects public companies like Carnival with their retail investors. Companies create unique perks, like onboard credit for Carnival brand cruises, to reward their loyal shareholders.

Why is Carnival partnering with Stockperks?
Carnival has a successful shareholder benefit program with a high number of requests coming through each month which are currently all managed manually, therefore resulting in a longer response time for our guests.
Stockperks offers a much more automated and streamlined process ensuring these requests can be handled in a much more efficient way.
For reference, guests will follow these simple steps to submit their claim:

1. Download the app via the links on the webpage, or search for “Stockperks” in the app store
2. Once downloaded, create a Stockperks user profile
3. Then search for “Carnival” in the app, and select the cruise line the guest is traveling on
4. Click the blue button “Validate your portfolio” and they will be guided through the process of providing their CCL ownership details
5. Once confirmed, they can submit their claim for each eligible booking

Is Stockperks available on desktop?
No. Currently Stockperks is only available via mobile app (Android and iOS). However, Stockperks is developing an email and web based process that guests will be able to use in lieu of the app and this is expected sometime in March.

Is Stockperks secure?
The Stockperks service is governed by Stockperks’ Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and may be subject to other Stockperks policies and terms. For information regarding Stockperks’ use and processing of your information, technical support, account setup, and all other questions regarding the use of Stockperks, please contact Stockperks at hello@stockperks.com

If you require any further support, please click on either of the below links for our current Contact Centre opening hours:
https://www.pocruises.com/contact-us
https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact-us

I faxed my forms to the appropriate number and got a confirmation receipt that my FAX was received. I was going on 2 cruises in 60 days, so I did them together. The day before I was to leave for my first cruise (of these 2), I still had not received my credit, so I called. She told me that they did not receive it, so I sent an email with my receipt to prove that they did. After some persistence, I finally received an email that stated that my credit was applied. While she was on the phone, I asked her to confirm that they also had my application for the cruise in 60 days. She said that they did have that form as well and I would get my credit soon.  I called today (about something else and the representative said, "Can I help you with something else?", so I asked him to check on my cruise credits for the upcoming cruise. He did not see them on my profile and told me that now I have to use Stockperks. I downloaded it, and entered my brokerage information and it will only let me proceed if I give them access to ALL my accounts. Why do they need access to my money that doesn't pertain to them? I don't like giving people my personal financial information that they don't NEED to have. I don't like this. 

• 1 month later...

There is a new procedure to get the shareholder benefit (and I haven´t managed to get mine so far). 

I sent them the email as described in the posts before, and got this response (quote):

Thank you for contacting Carnival UK, Shareholder Benefits inbox.
If your email relates to a request for your shareholder onboard credit benefit for your upcoming sailing, please visit Shareholder Benefit | Carnival Corporation & plc for information regarding a change in process.

Carnival Corporation has engaged Stockperks to implement a more automated and streamlined process for the processing of shareholder benefits. All information can be found on the link above or by visiting our brand website on the link below.

P&O Cruises- Shareholder Benefits | P&O Cruises (pocruises.com)

Cunard- https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/advice-and-policies/shareholder-information

The Stockperks service is governed by Stockperks’ Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and may be subject to other Stockperks policies and terms.  For information regarding Stockperks’ use and processing of your information, technical support, account setup, and all other questions regarding the use of Stockperks, please contact Stockperks at carnivalcorp@stockperks.com.

Should you have any issues with this process and need to contact us, you can do so by reaching us on the email addresses below (however please note shareholder benefit requests cannot be processed through this channel)

• P&O Cruises: po.guestservices@carnivalukgroup.com
• Cunard: customerservices@cunard.co.uk

I downloaded the app, created a profile and found out that they only give you the choice between AIDA cruise lines and Carnival cruise lines. I can´t access any of the other lines, including Cunard. Sent email for help to the Cunard customerservice and hope to get answer from them soon.

Anyway, the app requests to give access to your broker which I will deny. It´s none of Carnival Corp. business which assets I have.

7 minutes ago, AntjeG said:

found out that they only give you the choice between AIDA cruise lines and Carnival cruise lines

Something wrong there as I can see all Carnival brands.

Perhaps need to update or reinstall the app

38 minutes ago, AntjeG said:

I did, without success. No answer from Cunard yet.

I suspect that it is something in the app that is using your location and limiting it to those two cruise lines - not sure if it will be a Cunard, Carnival or StockPerks problem.

I hope Cunard can clarify this. The email adress of stockperks which was given to me in the original automatic message is "not valid" so I have no chance to reach out to stockperks directly.

1 hour ago, AntjeG said:

I hope Cunard can clarify this. The email adress of stockperks which was given to me in the original automatic message is "not valid" so I have no chance to reach out to stockperks directly.

As noted in #91 above, you should be able to email hello@stockperks.com to request assistance.

I've done it for my two crossings this autumn and, despite not being able to do it the quick way being outside of the US, once they accepted my photos of my online shareholding, Cunard provided the OBC and reissued the booking confirmations very quickly indeed.

• Like 1