New process for claiming shareholder OBC

elmsliebev

On 2/1/2024 at 11:34 AM, Perthlings said:

While waiting for Carnival Australia to respond I figured I'd try the StockPerks method a third time - and to my huge surprise it worked this time 😯

stockperks.png.d6d1a704be4696b69de6a70debd7c029.png

So @XLCAPRIES it looks like Stockperks and/or Carnival UK have quietly fixed things in the background and haven't clearly communicated this to anyone.

I do note that it says "onboard credit of AUD 250.0" when on my previous Cunard cruise I got USD 250.0 which is AUD 380. 

Hopefully that's just a problem with the message template, I guess I'll find out soon when I get my updated invoice.

Hi, Perthlings,   

Can I ask....., on you final successful attempt to redeem your entitlement, how long after Stockperks advised that they had sent you application through to Cunard, did Stockperks confirm your successful application ?????.

Stockperks say within 5 business days to respond/confirm or request further information, but mine has just gone over... 

Also, when confirmed, can you see such in your Cunard Booking ? If so where ? I can anywhere where it might be shown. I'm used to Princess, and it is so easy to see your OBC....in maybe option to see in Cunard does not appear until you get one.

Regards

1 hour ago, XLCAPRIES said:

Also, when confirmed, can you see such in your Cunard Booking ? If so where ? I can anywhere where it might be shown. I'm used to Princess, and it is so easy to see your OBC....in maybe option to see in Cunard does not appear until you get one.

I can't answer your first question, but in reply to the second.. 

All onboard credit, including the shareholder credit, is aggregated together to a single line item in your Cunard booking confirmation.  It is in the "Pricing Details" section, as indicated below:

image.png.0487c889bdab828dc52a46cafd35efbf.png

You'll need to remember how much onboard credit, if any, you had before applying for the shareholder credit, and then check if the amount increased by the correct number when the shareholder credit has been processed.

Edited by sfred

34 minutes ago, sfred said:

I can't answer your first question, but in reply to the second.. 

All onboard credit, including the shareholder credit, is aggregated together to a single line item in your Cunard booking confirmation.  It is in the "Pricing Details" section, as indicated below:

image.png.0487c889bdab828dc52a46cafd35efbf.png

You'll need to remember how much onboard credit, if any, you had before applying for the shareholder credit, and then check if the amount increased by the correct number when the shareholder credit has been processed.

sfred, 

Thanks for you response..........I checked my booking and Cunard World Club account, and no where is there anything like "Pricing Details". But I did notice a screen message, referring to FAQ's if you did not book directly with Cunard,(we booked through Cruise Booking Website).....to check your Cunard World Club matches.......which it does...............by the way it aligns directly with our Princess Captains Circle.............Cunard defaulted that in, without our intervention or advice.

Anyway, Cunard might treat outside booking differently......... if they do.... very weird.....and we are even automatically registered already in their World Club.....Carnival linking I imagine..........Princess online site does not differentiate ..........all treated the same....we sometime book through Princess(for cruise only) but use outside, for packages with add on land deals. As a matter of interest I have attached a screen shot of Princess's "Payment and Credits".......available to all bookings and note they separate OBC and shareholder benefit......why not Cunard. 

Being our first cruise on Cunard, we are not impressed......this SHB process,  inaccurate information about such, no support , just run-around, palming off to next , not to mention incorrect/ lack relevant visa's/special entry for cruises(PNG)............unlike Princess and P&O. Cunard Call Centre don't know.....or on second & third inquiry, can only give verbal advice(and no written confirmation)......."handle on arrival".....not to mention conflicting information from PNG Consulate staff, website and PNG government tourist information site.    . This our worse pre cruise experience we have ever had. Shareholder benefit under the old system, was hit or miss.........taking from 2 weeks to 4 with follow-up. Based on some experiences with Stockperks.........it can be seen, if applied to all....far better than old ...now I'll get off my soap box.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Thanks again

_20230901 Princess Payment & Credits v Cunard - Princess itemise.pdf

13 minutes ago, XLCAPRIES said:

I checked my booking and Cunard World Club account, and no where is there anything like "Pricing Details".

I think I can help clarify the situation. Unless it works differently in Australia, you won't find anything *online* regarding the onboard credit you have with your Cunard booking. Your onboard credit is listed on a "Booking Confirmation" document (a pdf file) received from Cunard via email, or rather in your case, forwarded to you via email by your booking agency since you used a cruise booking website. If you have never received a "Booking Confirmation" document for your Cunard booking, then you will probably want to request one from your booking agency.

I know, the Cunard system is quite antiquated compared to other lines where you can see how much onboard credit you have online (and perhaps even spend it online prior to the cruise). But I'm afraid it is what it is with Cunard. Now if I've misunderstood @sfred's reply and he was referring to an online version of the Cunard "Booking Confirmation" available in Australia, then I'll gladly stand corrected.

16 minutes ago, XLCAPRIES said:

sfred, 

Thanks for you response..........I checked my booking and Cunard World Club account, and no where is there anything like "Pricing Details". But I did notice a screen message, referring to FAQ's if you did not book directly with Cunard,(we booked through Cruise Booking Website).....to check your Cunard World Club matches.......which it does...............by the way it aligns directly with our Princess Captains Circle.............Cunard defaulted that in, without our intervention or advice.

Apologies, I was referring to the email booking confirmation you receive from Cunard if you book directly with them, either online or through the call centre.  The email looks like this

image.png.da613fd7ad6ffd56a6e9e512e8a9ed4b.png

and then goes on to list your voyage's itinerary   If you've booked with a travel agent third party, you might not receive this email from Cunard, and you'll need to contact your TA to see your OBC.

@bluemarble and I seem to have pressed "submit" nearly at the same time. 

As he indicated, OBC and pricing is not listed in the "My Cunard" online voyage management tool where you book onboard and shore experiences, and checkin to receive your boarding pass and luggage tags for your voyage.

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I think I can help clarify the situation. Unless it works differently in Australia, you won't find anything *online* regarding the onboard credit you have with your Cunard booking. Your onboard credit is listed on a "Booking Confirmation" document (a pdf file) received from Cunard via email, or rather in your case, forwarded to you via email by your booking agency since you used a cruise booking website. If you have never received a "Booking Confirmation" document for your Cunard booking, then you will probably want to request one from your booking agency.

I know, the Cunard system is quite antiquated compared to other lines where you can see how much onboard credit you have online (and perhaps even spend it online prior to the cruise). But I'm afraid it is what it is with Cunard. Now if I've misunderstood @sfred's reply and he was referring to an online version of the Cunard "Booking Confirmation" available in Australia, then I'll gladly stand corrected.

Bluemarble,

You are correct, I have never received a Cunard Booking confirmation although we have got something equivalent  to from our booking agent. 

Now that we are enduring the Stockperks process, hopefully confirmed in the next day or so, then I might contact our Cruise Agent to see if they receive anything.  

It does seem strange to us, that we can't see a Shareholder Benefit, when booking through a third party(unlike Princess), ie  if and when it is applied but as you say, this is Cunard...then so be it.....

Thank you for your response, I won't spend more time looking for something, I can't or won't see........but will contact our Cruise Agent, to confirm with Cunard.   Even Princess(ie for any inquiry re booking etc,) they refer you back to your agent. A few years ago they were ok .....you could speak to someone here in Princess/Carnivals local call centre...but outsourcing overseas........they refer you back to agent............but with Shareholder Benefit they were last September accepting inquiries, but now referring Shareholder Benefit inquiries back to Stockperks.....only now after going full circle from Stockperks, referral to UK , who flick passed it back to Carnival Australia, then now back to Stockperks......it is only in the last week or so that Pertlings, directed on the same path, was finally successful....but I don't know their booking status...Cunard or Agent

3 hours ago, sfred said:

@bluemarble and I seem to have pressed "submit" nearly at the same time. 

As he indicated, OBC and pricing is not listed in the "My Cunard" online voyage management tool where you book onboard and shore experiences, and checkin to receive your boarding pass and luggage tags for your voyage.

Thanks sfred, now I know not to look on Cunard.......so it's a wait and see. See my response to bluemarble. Thanks for your interest and response.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 8:33 AM, XLCAPRIES said:

Hi, Perthlings,   

Can I ask....., on you final successful attempt to redeem your entitlement, how long after Stockperks advised that they had sent you application through to Cunard, did Stockperks confirm your successful application ?????.

I got the confirmation within 7 hours.

The "New Perk Redeemed" email came in at 12:45 and the "Successful OBC Application to Itinerary" at 19:19, both on the 31st of January (Perth time)

But I applied for my travel partner's Stockperk on Friday morning and that one hasn't been approved yet, so it seems they are consistently inconsistent.

On 2/4/2024 at 8:33 AM, XLCAPRIES said:

Also, when confirmed, can you see such in your Cunard Booking ?

Unfortunately - as already pointed out by others - that info is only available via your travel agent.

You will need to ask them to generate you an up-to-date booking confirmation / tax invoice.

1 hour ago, Perthlings said:

I got the confirmation within 7 hours.

The "New Perk Redeemed" email came in at 12:45 and the "Successful OBC Application to Itinerary" at 19:19, both on the 31st of January (Perth time)

But I applied for my travel partner's Stockperk on Friday morning and that one hasn't been approved yet, so it seems they are consistently inconsistent.

Unfortunately - as already pointed out by others - that info is only available via your travel agent.

You will need to ask them to generate you an up-to-date booking confirmation / tax invoice.

Yes, at least they are  "consistently inconsistent" . But it worries me that you got your response back so quickly.

Anyway, I lodged an inquiry with Carnival Corp/Stockperks(received acknowledgement of inquiry) and now await their response.....opening Monday later tonight (US time).....but with a qualifierDue to an increase in inquiries our response time may take longer than normal.  We will process your request as rapidly as possible but keep in mind there may be a lag of a day in responding"  .

So it's wait and see......hopefully this time, then I will get back to my Cruise Agent for an updated booking confirmation.

Thanks, again

On 1/19/2024 at 9:12 AM, Colin_Cameron said:

Hi Folks,

I should have come back to say that although installing the app was a nightmare, using it was straightforward (for me at least).

My holding was verified quickly and the benefit applied to my booking. A couple of days later I got an updated Booking Confirmation. Probably worth mentioning for those not familiar with the process is that the Shareholder OBC is not specifically mentioned on the confirmation, but the total OBC increased by the expected amount.

Same here @Colin_Cameron .

The only difference for myself was that I experienced no problem downloading the App. Maybe my apple Pro iPhone had a hand in that.

An excellent system which will prove useful across the Carnival fleet. Kind of makes me wonder how those folk who aren't up with the latest in communications are going to apply. Could be some unhappy bunnies on here idc.

OBCStockPerksNotification.jpg.17f33ad25b6ba6419251e564af6f82a9.jpg

Edited by Solent Richard
  • Like 1

Isn't it lucky some brokers are willing to talk with their clients and act on their behalf.

The art of human communication is alive and kicking. A quick phone call and job done. OBC will be applied.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:32 AM, XLCAPRIES said:

Yes at least they are  "consistently inconsistent" . But it worries me that you got your response back so quickly.

And to add to the inconsistency, I never did get a reply from Carnival Australia asking them to apply my OBC manually - but my travel companion got an email from them to say they had applied the credit, and she never got a response from her Stockperks application - other than the initial "Perk redeemed" autoresponse.

Anyway, we both asked our travel agent for an updated invoice, they were emailed the same day and show the new OBC total.

1 hour ago, Perthlings said:

And to add to the inconsistency, I never did get a reply from Carnival Australia asking them to apply my OBC manually - but my travel companion got an email from them to say they had applied the credit, and she never got a response from her Stockperks application - other than the initial "Perk redeemed" autoresponse.

Anyway, we both asked our travel agent for an updated invoice, they were emailed the same day and show the new OBC total.

Followed up with Stockperks(exceeded 5days turnaround)with reminder last Saturday, got acknowledgement of receipt, but 3 (US) workings now 8, still nothing. Getting 2 bus days out from my 4 week cut-off, I rang my cruise agent, just this morning, couldn't help, they said I could send again through them to try, but also said ring Cunard Call centre(Aust)...already done that, but this time I detailed further delays with Stockperks and close to deadline..........and guess what !!!........they put me through to Carnival Aust Shareholder contact(I had given name only from corro saying go back to Stockperks)....the girl listened to my complaint.....and then told me she just applied whilst talking to her....!!!!!!........yes it does pay to talk to real people who, despite(same person) sending me back to Stockperks...without getting my benefit, took it on the remedy over the phone!!!!........simple wasn't it..........anyway I can stop complaining and get on with planning the holiday, without that distraction......also I asked for updated Travel Summary to show benefit, but she advised to ask through Cruise Agent, which I have done, and I was not going debate the point.......I'll be satisfied with a win in one hand...paper work can come later.    I'll see if Stockperks respond........and respond accordingly. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

• Like 2

I have just been told by P&O in the UK that share certificate validation by Stockperks has now slipped from the advised 2 working days to 5.

P&O also advised me that when they receive the requisite validation from Stockperks the customer no longer has to apply via email or through the on-line portal for shareholder benefits for a particular cruise because it will be applied automatically for future cruises.  Does this sound right or believeable ?

On 1/31/2024 at 2:52 PM, cruiseluvva said:

All seemed to work extremely smoothly. What I am not sure of though, is to I need my share holding verified each and every time I apply? I have quite a few booked and would like to apply for all.

Do I take it that you, like myself and @Colin_Cameron, don't have a 'broker' at our beck-n-call  @cruiseluvva?

I'm not quite sure of the advantages when one factors in the broker's charges either.

On a separate note, I spotted your comment on a closed thread regarding The Datai on Langkawi.

Our favourite hotel in Malaysia.

DataiVillawithRichard.thumb.jpg.85697c8205807c68f5500f2a9420e8ad.jpg

We are returning there in November along with a visit to Malacca to make up for the cancelled Queen Victoria visit  in 2019.

12 hours ago, RJChatsworth said:

I have just been told by P&O in the UK that share certificate validation by Stockperks has now slipped from the advised 2 working days to 5.

P&O also advised me that when they receive the requisite validation from Stockperks the customer no longer has to apply via email or through the on-line portal for shareholder benefits for a particular cruise because it will be applied automatically for future cruises.  Does this sound right or believable ?

As you know, some claims are going off the tracks...others not, but what you say might be a stop gap measure, that would mean Stockperks just validates the holdings, sends them through to cruise line ....maybe applies, based on some internal validation of cruise booking(it is their booking), and does not go back to Stockperks to advise us, but we would have to play it by ear until some one tells us otherwise.                                                                                                                                                     But what you say may be right as that is basically what happened to me....albeit weeks of back and forth....but Cunard Australia applied my credit,  with a validation, I'm assuming,  on hand from Stockperks, who did initially validate my stock holding in the first week of January.....simple but maybe reinstating some work for cruise line.......who knows ?.   

On 2/8/2024 at 11:23 AM, Solent Richard said:

Do I take it that you, like myself and @Colin_Cameron, don't have a 'broker' at our beck-n-call  @cruiseluvva?

I'm not quite sure of the advantages when one factors in the broker's charges either.

On a separate note, I spotted your comment on a closed thread regarding The Datai on Langkawi.

Our favourite hotel in Malaysia.

DataiVillawithRichard.thumb.jpg.85697c8205807c68f5500f2a9420e8ad.jpg

We are returning there in November along with a visit to Malacca to make up for the cancelled Queen Victoria visit  in 2019.

You’re right, my shares are held by Invest Direct, so I have to apply every time.

Re the Datai, we have stayed there several times now - we absolutely love it there, a very special place. Our son lives in KL - so we are regularly in Malaysia.

• Like 1

Having applied via the new app for the first time i have been refused my shareholder OBC the reason saying "The process for applying for shareholder benefit includes validation, and within this part it was flagged that the promotions applied to your booking are non-combinable with shareholder benefits.

You have been given a reduced-rate (net rate) through your travel agent, therefore with this promotion given unfortunately it is not combinable."

I have applied successfully over the past 15 years with 100% success in obtaining my OBC, I have used the app once and  been refused.

I have booked via travel agents/bucket shops many times never before told the fare you paid does not entitle you to OBC.

So in future can I only use Cunard etc direct and pay top fare to claim my OBC? 

Is this legal?

I have re written to Cunard asking them to explain as I believe the fare I paid via travel agent, Cape Town to UK on QV  I actually paid more than the Cunard fare.

NOT HAPPY

15 minutes ago, Devonport D said:

Having applied via the new app for the first time i have been refused my shareholder OBC the reason saying "The process for applying for shareholder benefit includes validation, and within this part it was flagged that the promotions applied to your booking are non-combinable with shareholder benefits.

You have been given a reduced-rate (net rate) through your travel agent, therefore with this promotion given unfortunately it is not combinable."

I have applied successfully over the past 15 years with 100% success in obtaining my OBC, I have used the app once and  been refused.

I have booked via travel agents/bucket shops many times never before told the fare you paid does not entitle you to OBC.

Is this legal?

I have re written to Cunard asking them to explain as I believe the fare I paid via travel agent, Cape Town to UK on QV  I actually paid more than the Cunard fare.

NOT HAPPY

There have been previous reports on this forum indicating that Cunard is no longer applying the shareholder benefit to "net rate" bookings. Those are usually bookings made through travel agents which are package deals where the agent combines the cruise with flights, hotels and perhaps pre-cruise or post-cruise extensions which the agent arranges themselves, not through Cunard. If you have booked your Cunard cruise as part of such a package arrangement through your travel agent, that may be the explanation. It would appear Cunard have only recently stopped applying the shareholder benefit to such bookings, especially if you have been making similar "net rate" package bookings with your travel agent in the past and have received the shareholder benefit.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

There have been previous reports on this forum indicating that Cunard is no longer applying the shareholder benefit to "net rate" bookings. Those are usually bookings made through travel agents which are package deals where the agent combines the cruise with flights, hotels and perhaps pre-cruise or post-cruise extensions which the agent arranges themselves, not through Cunard. If you have booked your Cunard cruise as part of such a package arrangement through your travel agent, that may be the explanation. It would appear Cunard have only recently stopped applying the shareholder benefit to such bookings, especially if you have been making similar "net rate" package bookings with your travel agent in the past and have received the shareholder benefit.

Wow. Now there's a turn up for the books.

4 hours ago, Devonport D said:

Is this legal?

NOT HAPPY

If you read the small print it does say not combinable with certain fare types. They are doing nothing illegal. It’s perk and as such they can set the criteria how it can be applied. As others have posted there have been several examples recently particularly with TA fares they have been excluded. The fact you paid more via your T A is not relevant. It’s the type of fare you paid. I would ask the T A to make good the loss of share holder OBC particularly if they have charged your more than the advertised Cunard fare. 

I spoke to Cunard yesterday to add my Ex Forces OBC to our two upcoming cruises and I asked about the Shareholder OBC and was told just to email shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com with proof of my shareholding - I did that and I got an acknowlegement email back, so I shall report back if it was successful

• Thanks 1

I have now been through the Stockperks process for the first time, as a UK resident, so here are some details. I hold Carnival shares via my SIPP (pension plan with tax advantages) held with Hargreaves Lansdown, one the UK's largest financial institutions and a FTSE 100 member. 

In the past I have used the email address provided in post 74 above, which generates an auto-reply and sometimes works fine. Within a few days, maybe a week, I get an updated Booking Confirmation with the OBC showing on the right side. Sometimes though there is a delay in replying, then an initial refusal to pay the OBC, usually because some combination of name or date isn't on a single sided HL print outs, perhaps for security reasons. There is one report that has it all on, a quarterly investment statement, but I don't particularly enjoy sending my entire pension arrangements to Carnival. Given that I or my relatives have held these shares for 117 years I think Carnival should have got the hang of it by now. But eventually I get the Booking Confirmation, if all else fails they get the quarterly statement.

This time, and not prompted other than by this thread, I loaded Stockperks app on to my Android phone on Friday evening last week (9 February). There is the usual installation, registration, confirmation of email process, this all worked fine and immediately.

Still on 9 February, I then uploaded a manual copy of the HL report on my Carnival shares, the same one that 50% of times gets rejected by email. There is a real-time link for USA investors, I guess for outfits like Fidelity, but I took the European Investor route, so you upload a PDF of your broker statement. The screen says it takes 2 working days to check this.

Wednesday 14 February so > 2 working days elapsed, and no love for me from Stockperks, so I send a message in the App asking for an update. Maybe they were all busy on Mardi Gras, but the next day, Thursday, they confirmed my Carnival shares were validated. I then applied specifically for a sailing I have in May 2024, using the Booking Reference and date for that sailing, in Stockperks. That all worked fine, nothing to upload, and the screen reported back that I was to get confirmation of shareholder privileges within 5 working days.

This time Stockperks were super fast, next morning, today 16 February I had a confirmation email from Stockperks and 5 minutes later the usual revised Booking Confirmation from Cunard. So all done in just under 1 week.

Reflections: well particularly if I have another (Carnival) sailing within 3 months this would be a slicker way since my manually validated statement sits in the App all ready for the next booking. It would also have been slicker if the initial processing of the HL statement was a bit faster. But no email ping-pong with Carnival, so that's definitely better.