New process for claiming shareholder OBC

elmsliebev

How do I check for OBC credit on Cunard website under my reservation?

I submitted my proof of stock ownership and got email confirmation I received credit, so I logged into my Cunard and could not figure out where to look for credit.

First time cruising on Cunard, so new to their website.  Not the best website 😣

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, roxy2003 said:

How do I check for OBC credit on Cunard website under my reservation?

I submitted my proof of stock ownership and got email confirmation I received credit, so I logged into my Cunard and could not figure out where to look for credit.

First time cruising on Cunard, so new to their website.  Not the best website 😣

First you need the App to accept the evidence you have submitted as to your shareholding.  Then you use the App to submit the claim to Cunard, and the App will tell you whether it is accepted or not.  If it is accepted, Cunard will email you an amended booking confirmation, showing the extra OBC, straight away.

Edited by IB2

1 minute ago, IB2 said:

First you need the App to accept the evidence you have submitted as to your shareholding.  Then you use the App to submit the claim to Cunard, and the App will tell you whether it is accepted or not.  If it is accepted, Cunard will email you an amended booking confirmation, showing the extra OBC, straight away.

Thank you!  I booked through my travel agent, so I don't get direct booking confirmations from Cunard.  I will reach out to her for amended booking confirmation.  Thank you so much for quick response!

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2024 at 2:32 PM, AntjeG said:

There is a new procedure to get the shareholder benefit (and I haven´t managed to get mine so far). 

I sent them the email as described in the posts before, and got this response (quote):

Thank you for contacting Carnival UK, Shareholder Benefits inbox.
If your email relates to a request for your shareholder onboard credit benefit for your upcoming sailing, please visit Shareholder Benefit | Carnival Corporation & plc for information regarding a change in process.

Carnival Corporation has engaged Stockperks to implement a more automated and streamlined process for the processing of shareholder benefits. All information can be found on the link above or by visiting our brand website on the link below.

P&O Cruises- Shareholder Benefits | P&O Cruises (pocruises.com)

Cunard- https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/advice-and-policies/shareholder-information

The Stockperks service is governed by Stockperks’ Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and may be subject to other Stockperks policies and terms.  For information regarding Stockperks’ use and processing of your information, technical support, account setup, and all other questions regarding the use of Stockperks, please contact Stockperks at carnivalcorp@stockperks.com.

Should you have any issues with this process and need to contact us, you can do so by reaching us on the email addresses below (however please note shareholder benefit requests cannot be processed through this channel)

• P&O Cruises: po.guestservices@carnivalukgroup.com
• Cunard: customerservices@cunard.co.uk

I downloaded the app, created a profile and found out that they only give you the choice between AIDA cruise lines and Carnival cruise lines. I can´t access any of the other lines, including Cunard. Sent email for help to the Cunard customerservice and hope to get answer from them soon.

Anyway, the app requests to give access to your broker which I will deny. It´s none of Carnival Corp. business which assets I have.

The stockbroker information is on your share certificate.  I found out that Stockperks needed to see this, via the App, to verify proof of ownership before I could access Cunard.

Edited by ancientmariner

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

If you click on 'Carnival'  and scroll down it should bring up Cunard, P&O, Seabourn etc.

I and many others appear to have had no problem finding Cunard . 

Unfortunatley, no. I contacted Stockperks and they admitted that their app doesn´t work on every phone. Mine is one of those it doesn´t work on. They plan to provide a web browser based tool to access the benefits. Until then, if it doesn´t work on your phone, you need to contact them (email), tell them which phone you use and then send your proof of ownership via email. That´s how I finally got my benefit.

Side note:

Cunard provides a wrong email adress of stockperks. If you tell them and ask for the correct email, you get another automated response telling you to download the stockperks app and if you have questions to contact stockperks (at the wrong email adress). I only found out here how to contact stockperks. Thanks cruise critic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rakkor said:

Just adding the email address and  in case people do require it

If you have any questions about the Stockperks app, please contact carnivalcorp@stockperks.com.

The Stockperks Carnival page is here - https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

and without scrolling through the past comments, if still no joy re the new app, email   shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com  and they send you an email explaining how they will sort out obc for you.

15 hours ago, ancientmariner said:

The stockbroker information is on your share certificate.  I found out that Stockperks needed to see this, via the App, to verify proof of ownership before I could access Cunard.

I applied for mine last week. The list of Carnival companies was long and I could select Cunard, which took me to a screen asking for my info, booking number, etc. I use a brokerage statement to prove my ownership. I print out the page and black out everything else. I thought I would have to take a picture and upload it, but the app will take the photo, much like depositing a check on a bank's app. 

I received email confirmation that they received it quickly. That was Tuesday. Still waiting for the next step, which I hope will be Monday.

• Thanks 1

Surprise! A few hours after my last post, I received an email saying my stock ownership was verified. next step was to go to the app again, enter the booking number, etc and claim my perk. After that I received another email saying the request had been submitted to Cunard and I would be contacted in 5 days to see if they accept it.

Not terribly fast, but easy. Also good for people who run late. You can't submit less than 14 days before the cruise. So I take that to mean you can submit 15 or more days out. Didn't they used to say something like 6 weeks out?

5 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

... You can't submit less than 14 days before the cruise. So I take that to mean you can submit 15 or more days out. Didn't they used to say something like 6 weeks out?

The stated cutoff for submitting your shareholder benefit application using old system was three weeks prior to departure date. They did muddle things though with the information provided along with the 2022 annual report when they stated the cutoff was three weeks in one place and four weeks in another place.

I see the current Carnival "Shareholder Benefit" page (which discusses the new process using the Stockperks app) still contains this quote.

"Applications to receive this benefit should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date."

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

The stated cutoff for submitting your shareholder benefit application using old system was three weeks prior to departure date. They did muddle things though with the information provided along with the 2022 annual report when they stated the cutoff was three weeks in one place and four weeks in another place.

I see the current Carnival "Shareholder Benefit" page (which discusses the new process using the Stockperks app) still contains this quote.

"Applications to receive this benefit should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date."

Always best to give the system more time than less. In the old system of email or fax, confirmation was fast, sometimes within an hour. Now it's 3-5 days from initial submission to validation plus as much as 5 days for Cunard to accept it. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Always best to give the system more time than less. In the old system of email or fax, confirmation was fast, sometimes within an hour. Now it's 3-5 days from initial submission to validation plus as much as 5 days for Cunard to accept it. 

In what way is this progress?

I put in a claim for later this year two weeks ago. I haven't had an e mail yet telling me whether it has been accepted but if I look on the app it has invalidated next to it. Shouldn't I have had something to tell me why it is invalidated. I've checked my junk mail as well.  Any advice please? 

15 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I put in a claim for later this year two weeks ago. I haven't had an e mail yet telling me whether it has been accepted but if I look on the app it has invalidated next to it. Shouldn't I have had something to tell me why it is invalidated. I've checked my junk mail as well.  Any advice please? 

What exactly did you send to Stockperks - a broker statement or a link to your broker?

2 hours ago, Pushpit said:

What exactly did you send to Stockperks - a broker statement or a link to your broker?

An up to date statement with all details on and dated. They accepted that it was when you have to go in and put your booking ref and date etc I that it later said invalidated and yes I did the date format correctly, the US way 

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

Shouldn't I have had something to tell me why it is invalidated. I've checked my junk mail as well.  Any advice please? 

I would have thought that you should have been informed as to why it was invalidated but I am sure that an email to Sockperks to enquire will get a response.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, amajaa said:

An up to date statement with all details on and dated. They accepted that it was when you have to go in and put your booking ref and date etc I that it later said invalidated and yes I did the date format correctly, the US way 

Perhaps check your booking reference number again - I had a problem in that I entered the booking reference for 'original QA January maiden itinerary', as I opted to stay booked for the amended May maiden itinerary I hadn't noticed that I'd been given an amended  'new' booking reference.  🤦‍♂️ 

On 4/7/2024 at 10:18 AM, rakkor said:

Just adding the email address and  in case people do require it

If you have any questions about the Stockperks app, please contact carnivalcorp@stockperks.com.

No - that´s the email adress that gives you an automated "email not valid" back. You can contact Stockperks at hello@stockperks.com

I have had my '24 bookings acknowledged  for obc with Stockperks and I have to eat my words and say once I had the app sorted, it was a piece of cake getting our cruises  registered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't received an email from stockperks confirming that Cunard has accepted my request yet. But I got a new confirmation because of my upgrade, and I can see the obc listed on the confirmation. 

I think they must have worked on the app, because initial reports were not favorable, but like @Victoria2, once I saw how the app works, it was easy. What I liked most about it was that the app would take the picture of my brokerage statement. Faster than taking a picture and uploading it to an email in the old system.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, TouchstoneFeste said:

Are folks taking a picture of the stock brokerage page with information redacted (as has been recommended in the past)?

In my case, my brokerage statement is a pdf file. For whatever reason, I could not get Stockperks to accept my pdf file, downloaded to my phone, as an attachment to the shareholder benefit request. So what I did instead was take screenshots of the relevant pages and attached the resulting jpeg files to the request. Those jpeg files attached just fine and my request for the Carnival shareholder benefit was accepted in a couple days.

I wasn't certain of what they needed, so I submitted screen shots of both the first page of the statement identifying me as the shareholder and the page showing my ownership of Carnival shares. I did not redact any information. I figured they might want the unredacted information since for some brokers they give you the option of linking directly to your brokerage account. Perhaps others may be able to confirm if they accept brokerage statements with redacted information.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

Are folks taking a picture of the stock brokerage page with information redacted (as has been recommended in the past)?

Yes, this is what I submitted successfully in January for my March cruise.

The only difference is I redacted my name (in red) for cruise critic only, I of course had my name on the image I submitted to stockperks.

Everything else redacted here (in black) I redacted before sending to stockperks and they accepted it without issue.

image.thumb.png.e852d1bfd297a61ff6ea6b480cc19fc7.png

• Thanks 2