New process for claiming shareholder OBC

elmsliebev

I sent off an email to claim my Shareholder OBC for my cruise later this year. I got an email back saying they are trialling a new way of claiming via an app called Stock Perks. I have downloaded it and applied, using the same screenshot proof as I'd done previously. Just waiting to see what happens next!

It's not particularly onerous but it's a US-developed app eg they ask for zip code not post code. You can skip bits where they ask for some extra details like income (why??), gender (also why??), etc.

anyone else used it? The email doesn't say you have to use it and I expect that if I pushed back there would be the "old" way of doing it still, though it doesn't mention that in the email. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

I sent off an email to claim my Shareholder OBC for my cruise later this year. I got an email back saying they are trialling a new way of claiming via an app called Stock Perks. I have downloaded it and applied, using the same screenshot proof as I'd done previously. Just waiting to see what happens next!

It's not particularly onerous but it's a US-developed app eg they ask for zip code not post code. You can skip bits where they ask for some extra details like income (why??), gender (also why??), etc.

anyone else used it? The email doesn't say you have to use it and I expect that if I pushed back there would be the "old" way of doing it still, though it doesn't mention that in the email. 

I've heard that Carnival Corp are using an app for some of their other brands but I hadn't heard of it having to be used for Cunard. The Carnival Corp shareholder benefits page doesn't mention it.

Nor does it mention any need to apply for the shareholder benefit within 90 days of sailing. I recently wrote to them regarding two cruises for next April/May and was scolded and told to come back to them within 90 days of departure. Anyone else heard of this for Cunard?

I knew it was between 90 and 21 days but not sure how I know that. Have only ever applied within those time frames . I knew about the new process from P and O boards but next trip not in July so not applicable yet. 

I've completed the details on the app, but my share certificate hasn't been validated yet. From other discussions about different Carnival brands it seems that the app is now compulsory, but pretty efficient once you've been registered. You aren't giving any other information that we did under the old system, optional nonsense about income etc aside, which we ignored.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I've heard that Carnival Corp are using an app for some of their other brands but I hadn't heard of it having to be used for Cunard. The Carnival Corp shareholder benefits page doesn't mention it.

Nor does it mention any need to apply for the shareholder benefit within 90 days of sailing. I recently wrote to them regarding two cruises for next April/May and was scolded and told to come back to them within 90 days of departure. Anyone else heard of this for Cunard?

2 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

I knew it was between 90 and 21 days but not sure how I know that. Have only ever applied within those time frames . I knew about the new process from P and O boards but next trip not in July so not applicable yet. 

There is actually conflicting information about the cutoff date to apply for the shareholder benefit as listed in the latest "Carnival Corporation & plc Shareholder Benefit" document found at https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/bc1b7f04-a3e8-4176-91ac-a529290fe45d.

That document begins by stating "Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date." Then later on it states "Please provide ... no later than 4 weeks prior to your sail date ...". I suppose they honor the three weeks cutoff date. Just mentioning this since the document is confusing on that point.

The "Carnival Corporation & plc Shareholder Benefit" document does not mention anything about how early applications will be accepted. However, there are versions of application forms for the benefit which state "Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

There is actually conflicting information about the cutoff date to apply for the shareholder benefit as listed in the latest "Carnival Corporation & plc Shareholder Benefit" document found at https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/bc1b7f04-a3e8-4176-91ac-a529290fe45d.

That document begins by stating "Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date." Then later on it states "Please provide ... no later than 4 weeks prior to your sail date ...". I suppose they honor the three weeks cutoff date. Just mentioning this since the document is confusing on that point.

The "Carnival Corporation & plc Shareholder Benefit" document does not mention anything about how early applications will be accepted. However, there are versions of application forms for the benefit which state "Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date."

Cunard are so predictably inconsistent. Bless them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

HAL has also gone to the stockperks app. There are two or three threads about it on the HAL board. Someone said they were told in November that they couldn't apply by email. I hadn't heard about the app when I applied by email in December, but I received confirmation the next day. 

Apparently there are two or three versions of the app. One asks you to link to your brokerage account, which I certainly wouldn't do. So you have to use the version that lets you send a screenshot or scan of your statement.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

I just scanned my brokerage statement as usual, uploaded it to the app. Got approved within 48 hours. Now I just need to click on whichever line we go with and give them the booking details. Certainly easier if you go on lots of cruises with the carnival brand. Otherwise its no more or less effort than before 

Somewhere I found an email address for this purpose, and received OBC for our two Cunard cruises this summer.  The email I used was sb@cunard.com.  I included the cruise info:

Reservation #1:  xxxxxxx, QE2, 6/xx/2024

Reservation #2:  yyyyyyy, QE2 7/xx/2024

and attached scans of the stock broker's latest report.

I applied on the 27th of December and have so far received seven automated emails saying they have received my request and to "accept this email as confirmation of receipt". Also one email confirming that a named individual has read the email. I don't remember ticking the box for a read receipt but you never know.

No mention of a new process.

3 hours ago, Archipelago said:

I will be doing this for my voyage in December. Will you still be able to mail in the paperwork or is it using an app . Unfamiliar with this.

There will be folk who don't have access to this App and consideration must be given to them so I would have thought paperwork or whatever will still be accepted.

8 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

No mention of a new process.

I spoke too soon.

Overnight I have received two more of the automated "please accept this response as confirmation your email has been received." emails Making nine!

Plus one telling me about the new app.

18 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

I knew it was between 90 and 21 days but not sure how I know that. 

If you search the FAQ page Cruise questions - Frequently asked questions - Cunard Line (at least in the UK) for "shareholder benefit", you get an answer that includes this - Please be aware that to apply your shareholder benefits to a booking these must only be sent to us after the balance due date of 90 days prior to departure, and no later than 21 days prior to departure.

Thanks @Colin_Cameron Interestingly, I have just done a search of the FAQs on the Australian website. Apart from listing the incorrect address and email address for shareholder requests here, the information given doesn't mention anything about a three month outside window for application for the benefit. The last application I made prior to the most recent one was just outside four months prior to the cruise and was processed immediately. It doesn't matter when it's applied except that it's useful to be able to make the request when one thinks of it and has a moment to spare (and then an on-going string of moments in which to follow up if the process doesn't happen as it should).

From the website:

Here you will find all the information you need to know in relation to shareholder benefits including:

• Who should I contact for shareholder queries and/or to apply my benefits to my booking?
  • Who do shareholder benefits apply to?
  • How many shares do I need to receive shareholder benefits?
  • What benefits are available for shareholders?
  • Where can I buy Carnival shares?
  • Who should I contact for shareholder queries and/or to apply my benefits to my booking?

Please see details below for all shareholder enquiries.

Shareholder Benefits Team
Carnival UK
100 Harbour Parade
Southampton
Hampshire
SO15 1ST

Fax. 023 8065 7360
*Email: shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

To apply shareholder benefits to your booking please forward the following items to us by email, fax or postal mail. You will need to include the following details in your communication:

• Your name
  • Booking Reference
  • Ship
  • Sailing date
  • Provide proof of ownership of Carnival plc stock or securities to Carnival UK. Examples of proof of ownership that will be accepted include dividend stubs, proxy statements or nominee statements. Please be sure to redact or otherwise black out your brokerage account number and all unrelated information about other investments before emailing any documents. Carnival plc is NOT responsible for financial information that has not been blacked out or deleted on documentation you submit to us.

To ensure your security is not compromised you will be required to provide updated proof of shares prior to each cruise departure All information received is deleted/shredded once viewed. We therefore highly recommend guests submit copies rather than any original document, as original documents will NOT be returned.

If a Carnival share certificate issued by Equiniti (not Equiniti Shareview) is held, proof of shares will not be required. Simply email your reservation number, share certificate number and full name and address the shares are registered too to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com.

Applications should be made no later than three weeks prior to departure.

Applications will not be accepted once on board the ship.

It's starting to look like this app was developed by Cunard's IT dept.

The video they refer you to appears to be out of date and for a previous version of the app. Not a good start.

I downloaded the app with no problems. Yay! Then it all started to go pear-shaped.

When I tried to create my account it took me back to the Get Started page. After going around this loop several times I gave up and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

Now it allowed me to create my account. After selecting Cunard, and clicking the "Validate your portfolio" button it skips the "Broker Connection" page in the video and goes straight to the "Upload brokerage statement" page although it's now called "Upload Proof of Ownership". I click on "add file", "take a picture" and grant access to the camera... and it goes back to the Upload page. The app won't open the camera. Round this loop a few times then uninstall and reinstall the app.

Sign in, etc. etc, "Take a picture" and grant access to the camera. And the camera opens and I take the picture... and it goes back to the Upload page. No preview, no chance to upload the picture. Now the camera refuses to open anymore, so I uninstall and reinstall again.

Sign in, etc. etc, "Take a picture" and grant access to the camera. And the camera opens and I take the picture, and I get the preview and it asks if I want to upload this photo so I click Yes... and it goes straight back to the Upload screen. No "Upload succesful" message, no "We will validate this" message, and the camera refuses to open again. I uninstall and reinstall the app. AGAIN.

Round the whole loop for a fifth(?) time and ... SUCCESS! And I even received the confirmation email to prove it.

This may mean less work for Cunard, but not for me. It's the same as the self-checkout thing; get the customer to do half the job for you, while still charging them the same.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

The video they refer you to appears to be out of date and for a previous version of the app. Not a good start.

I downloaded the app with no problems. Yay! Then it all started to go pear-shaped.

When I tried to create my account it took me back to the Get Started page. After going around this loop several times I gave up and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

Now it allowed me to create my account. After selecting Cunard, and clicking the "Validate your portfolio" button it skips the "Broker Connection" page in the video and goes straight to the "Upload brokerage statement" page although it's now called "Upload Proof of Ownership". I click on "add file", "take a picture" and grant access to the camera... and it goes back to the Upload page. The app won't open the camera. Round this loop a few times then uninstall and reinstall the app.

Sign in, etc. etc, "Take a picture" and grant access to the camera. And the camera opens and I take the picture... and it goes back to the Upload page. No preview, no chance to upload the picture. Now the camera refuses to open anymore, so I uninstall and reinstall again.

Sign in, etc. etc, "Take a picture" and grant access to the camera. And the camera opens and I take the picture, and I get the preview and it asks if I want to upload this photo so I click Yes... and it goes straight back to the Upload screen. No "Upload succesful" message, no "We will validate this" message, and the camera refuses to open again. I uninstall and reinstall the app. AGAIN.

Round the whole loop for a fifth(?) time and ... SUCCESS! And I even received the confirmation email to prove it.

This may mean less work for Cunard, but not for me. It's the same as the self-checkout thing; get the customer to do half the job for you, while still charging them the same.

I was going to click on the hilarious button, then I thought that seemed unsympathetic. I’m very sympathetic, but your experience is somehow so hilariously predictable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

According to P &O C C boards,  it is a third party set up  so nothing to do with Cunard I T it’s a process that is being brought in across all Carnival brands. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried the new process for my upcoming Sydney-Tokyo cruise.

My brokerage statement was accepted but within 24 hours after applying for the "Cunard" perk I got the email:

• Your recent OBC claim was rejected by Cunard as the reservation details are for a different cruise line.

I had a similar problem for my previous cruise (my first time with Cunard) when I emailed their "UK brands" email address as listed at https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit/  but was told to email the Australian address instead.

So perhaps the new process is only for US/UK cruises and we antipodeans need to stick to the old method for now.

I'm grateful that at least Carnival corp has moved into the 20th century and allows emails, not so long ago snail-mail or fax was the only way.

7 hours ago, techteach said:

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. It is very helpful. Can’t wait to experience it myself. 😗

Enjoy a good bottle of wine on the house!

• Like 1

I did my first OBC claim via StockPerks last week - it took 3 business days to process and the email incorrectly stated I had been awarded $0 OBC!  The correct amount had been added however.

I submitted another one today at 08.40, and received a mail showing the correct amount of OBC at 09.01.

• Like 2

Hi,

Submitted  Shareholder claim for a Cunard cruise in March24  through StockPerks(SP).....they verified my shares and advised to redeem. Followed the process with confirmation of claim being sent to Cunard, then SP advised that Cunard had rejected claim as my booking appeared to be on another cruise line. Provided SP with screenshots of Cunard's booking, my personal detail page etc. They verified that was what was submitted and advised to try again.   

A few days later, another advice from SP, again rejected by Cunard , with same detail..."not Cunard" . Tried again, same result. I had been in contact with SP during this time, but they said all was good from what I had done and detail they sent was consistent with Cunard booking but could not understand why rejected each time and   "If you believe there has been a mistake, please contact shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com"

I then rang Cunard's Australian Call Centre, and who accessed my booking, verifying who I was etc even other personal detail including email address etc, so why claim was rejected

I sent detail of what had transpired to the nominated email address on 15 January 24, with automated email confirmation of receipt, but yet to see anything further.

Reading other posts, with various responses, different email address, even one(Perthlings) advising contact the Australian contact, that being probably the old process.

Has anyone had a positive outcome/result from from Cunard or Carnival ?