Flash Sales / discounts on WiFi , drink packages, specialty dining etc on HAL

Hello Everyone,

We have an HAL cruise booked in a few months. First one in a few years on HAL.
Does HAL ever offer flash sales / discounts on the various packages, WiFi , beverage, specialty dining etc ?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

10 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Hello Everyone,

We have an HAL cruise booked in a few months. First one in a few years on HAL.
Does HAL ever offer flash sales / discounts on the various packages, WiFi , beverage, specialty dining etc ?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

You got my hopes up with your topic title.   Short answer is no except for a slight discount if you pay for wifi ahead of the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, horseymike said:

If you buy Premium WiFi pre-sailing, historically the cost has been only slightly more than Surf (standard) bought onboard. I don't know how StarLink has affect that "rule". 

Unlike my experience with RCCL, no flash sales -- just promos that run for some length of time. Closest to flash sales are Black Friday and Cyber Week short-term promos.

OTOH, Have It All is $55pppd and includes all of your categories, with the specialty dining meals dependent on the length of your cruise. It is less than the beverage package by itself! because you pay 18% service charge on the BP price, but not the HIA. So if you want beverage package, the wifi, specialty dining, AND shore excursion are frosting on the cake. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, crystalspin said:

If you buy Premium WiFi pre-sailing, historically the cost has been only slightly more than Surf (standard) bought onboard. I don't know how StarLink has affect that "rule". 

Unlike my experience with RCCL, no flash sales -- just promos that run for some length of time. Closest to flash sales are Black Friday and Cyber Week short-term promos.

OTOH, Have It All is $55pppd and includes all of your categories, with the specialty dining meals dependent on the length of your cruise. It is less than the beverage package by itself! because you pay 18% service charge on the BP price, but not the HIA. So if you want beverage package, the wifi, specialty dining, AND shore excursion are frosting on the cake. 

Sort of on topic...do they add the 18% gratuity when you buy one of the wine packages of 4, 6 or 8 bottles ? With a mariner 25% off , it it really 7 % off once they add the gratuity ?

Thanks 

18 minutes ago, auntem said:

Sort of on topic...do they add the 18% gratuity when you buy one of the wine packages of 4, 6 or 8 bottles ? With a mariner 25% off , it it really 7 % off once they add the gratuity ?

Thanks 

Yes, they add the 18%.  Your discount is applied to the cost of the package.  The gratuity is charged on the original price.  For example  - say your package is $100 - you would get $25 off with a price of $75 with the $18 added to it for a total price of $93.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, auntem said:

Thanks 

The overall discount works out at 21.18% because the gratuity is charged on the full price and not discounted price, as shown by @kazu

23 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Closest to flash sales are Black Friday and Cyber Week short-term promos.

I scored a pretty good one on Black Friday. 1100 pp for a 7 nt inside gty with HIA.

Taking the cruise with a buddy just to get out of the cold for a week. I couldn't stay at a motel 6 for a week for that lol.