Last Minute move up Bids

mcase131

Hello Everyone,

We leave on our cruise on Monday, Jan 8th.  We have several move up bids and have not heard anything although there are still rooms available.  Is it possible to still win a bid this close to the sailing date?

Has anyone won a bid on the Celebrity Beyond for this sailing date?

Thank you in advance

Celebrity's site shows most of the premium rooms sold out. Retreat and Aqua are booked, maybe a CC cabin or two is open, 2-3 IV's open. Chances of getting awarded a MoveUp at this point are extremely slim. Your credit card would be charged immediately when your bid is accepted. 

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

How do you make a move up bid to begin with? Sailing on Beyond in May 2024.

4 hours ago, mcase131 said:

Hello Everyone,

We leave on our cruise on Monday, Jan 8th.  We have several move up bids and have not heard anything although there are still rooms available.  Is it possible to still win a bid this close to the sailing date?

Thank you in advance

My first bid for Dec. 2022 was awarded almost 2 months out. This Dec. 2023 cruise, my bid was awarded 2 days out.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mcase131 said:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you in advance

Still possible and your first indication of win is your credit card is charged.   I have alerts set up and receive an immediate ping on my phone and watch.    At 48 hours all that have not won will be notified.

Even with rooms available - remember they may have 100's of bids.

I was on a cruise and had a healthy bid in on a upgrade from CS to RS.    The room was still available when we cruised they never awarded it.    I asked about a paid upgrade and they offered a price that was higher that if I purchased it online prior to the cruise.  I turned it down and it stayed empty.   Greedy Revenue Manager on the ship.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Well, we received an email and all four bids were rejected.  Oh well!!  Still looking forward to cruising in a couple of days.  Thanks for all the replies.

• Like 2

I have tried to access the Move up site but I keep getting an error message. I am in the 90 day window, and past final payment. I called Celebrity (BCC) and they have no idea why I am getting it. They emailed the Move Ip program on my behalf, but I have not heard back. Has anyone else experienced this? 

13 hours ago, Blueseas109 said:

I have tried to access the Move up site but I keep getting an error message. I am in the 90 day window, and past final payment. I called Celebrity (BCC) and they have no idea why I am getting it. They emailed the Move Ip program on my behalf, but I have not heard back. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Not all travel agencies participate in the program. A membership warehouse store travel retailer specifically does not participate. So that could be why you do not have access.  

I think our emails arrived around the 90 day mark.

We have already had the upgrade success email earlier this week. I expected all the remaining suites to disappear the following day but only 2 Horizon suites went. Still 3 CS,2 HS, 8 RS and 1 PH left on the cruise we were upgraded on. On their other cruise there are 2 HS and 4 RS available. This is unheard off for February savings in the Carribean.

Perhaps the current pricing model is catching up with Celebrity.

1 hour ago, mr_freebie said:

Not all travel agencies participate in the program. A membership warehouse store travel retailer specifically does not participate. So that could be why you do not have access.  

I booked directly through Celebrity.

Just a heads up for those who gets the error message when trying to log in for a bid.  It likely doesn't apply to most, but this happened on one cruise for me.

My wife and I have different last names.  I am the one who books the cruises and they are always in my name as the primary.  Well on our last cruise, I didn't get a move-up email and went directly to the link.  I entered my last name and reservation number, and the popup said I wasn't eligible (or something to that effect).  For some reason I decided to enter her last name and the number, and it worked.

That's the only time that happened...I don't know why, but it's something to keep in mind if it applies to you.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 1:21 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Still possible and your first indication of win is your credit card is charged.   I have alerts set up and receive an immediate ping on my phone and watch.    At 48 hours all that have not won will be notified.

Even with rooms available - remember they may have 100's of bids.

I was on a cruise and had a healthy bid in on a upgrade from CS to RS.    The room was still available when we cruised they never awarded it.    I asked about a paid upgrade and they offered a price that was higher that if I purchased it online prior to the cruise.  I turned it down and it stayed empty.   Greedy Revenue Manager on the ship.

Jim, I remember your empty RS report.  Crazy!

My “Get lost loser!” notifications are always 48 hrs prior.  Have never won a bid.

1 hour ago, raudacruise said:

Jim, I remember your empty RS report.  Crazy!

My “Get lost loser!” notifications are always 48 hrs prior.  Have never won a bid.

Sorry to hear.    It really is a value proposition.   Sometimes their minimum bid prices are way over price and I don't even bid.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sorry to hear.    It really is a value proposition.   Sometimes their minimum bid prices are way over price and I don't even bid.

That is what happened on our upcoming February cruise. The RS move up minimum bid was over £1600 or an extra £200pp per day for 4 nights.it wasn’t worth that so I cancelled the bid.

11 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

That is what happened on our upcoming February cruise. The RS move up minimum bid was over £1600 or an extra £200pp per day for 4 nights.it wasn’t worth that so I cancelled the bid.

Just rechecked my amounts and the £1600 was pp so it was an extra £400 pppd when I cancelled the bid.