Greyhound bus Dallas to Houston (Galveston)

Trying to come up with other options traveling from Dallas area to Houston?  (Our car is aging).  Car rentals are pretty high (one day and weekly rates). Airfare pretty high also. Has anyone taken Greyhound bus which is pretty cost efficient?  Would uber from Houston to Port of Galveston.  Appreciate feedback from anyone who has utilized Greyhound bus.  Thanks!

• Like 1

There is nice transport group entitled 'salt water moms' that run transports between HOU/IAH. I tried to use them last year and called in January, but they were already booked for March! Super friendly and good prices. Personally, I would NOT trust the bus to get you there on time. 

• Like 1

Von Lane bus service is available from Dallas to Houston for about $200 pp round trip.

Greyhound is about $70 pp round trip.

Airfare is around $275 pp round trip.

Regardless of mode of transportation, add shuttle/Uber - cost unknown.

Your choice.  Good Luck.

11 minutes ago, crusin okie said:

Von Lane bus service is available from Dallas to Houston for about $200 pp round trip.

Your choice.  Good Luck.

Thanks very much!

22 minutes ago, Pika8347 said:

There is nice transport group entitled 'salt water moms' that run transports between HOU/IAH. I tried to use them last year and called in January, but they were already booked for March! Super friendly and good prices. Personally, I would NOT trust the bus to get you there on time. 

Thank you

Posted (edited)

Can strongly recommend Vonlane but have since seen that RedCoach has seats almost as nice and is significantly cheaper, about $50 RT

Edited by txjim09

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Pika8347 said:

8 hours ago, Maggiegirl22 said:

Thank you

The bus is from Dallas.

Edited by c-leg5

On 1/6/2024 at 10:42 AM, crusin okie said:

Your choice.  Good Luck.

Big price difference between Vonlane and Greyhound BUT Vonlane is a luxury bus. https://vonlane.com/

Noel Phillips (he does a lot of vlogs on air travel) compared Vonlane to a private jet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV7Adkx09F8

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, normandes said:

If you take the Greyhound Bus , be very cautious at the Houston Downtown bus terminal. A lot of shady characters and definitely not safe at night.

Think I remember reading that Greyhound had closed the bus terminal near downtown Houston. Check on it.