WORLD CRUISE 2024

No Good Morning picture.  The seas are angry today.  We have 45 mph winds and high swells.  It started about 11:00 last night.  I didn’t put on a patch and am suffering. When I got up at 0600 my beautiful flowers were rolling off the table.  Sealegs are definitely needed today. 

IMG_3618.thumb.jpeg.0e8004d84e9bc6c62cae1ca3f40083b7.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami74 said:

I didn't know you could get 1/2 order of popcorn sundae. Thanks for the info.  I will certainly try that!

I have gotten them down to a mini popcorn sundae like the luncheon size on Splendor,etc.  It takes a few tries (over several meals) but they get it.  It saves a lot of waste.

Loving your report and pictures. We had planned tp do this WC but health issue got in the way. So am really enjoying this thread. We are planning to trying again in ‘25 to celebrate 60 years of wedded bliss🤣.

• Like 4

Just now, lynnerendle said:

I’m on the WC - Luggage Forward gave us one too many bags!  Sent the extra to Reception twice. It’s a light gray hard side spinner. Strangely it had my correct Luggage Forward tag on it, but one of the tags on my correct bags was missing.  Could the light gray one be yours?

On 1/7/2024 at 10:48 PM, crusin7 said:

@SFOflyguy So sorry to hear about your illness!  Thank goodness you will make it for the next segment.  
We relaxed and recuperated from the brutal job of unpacking.  Too many suitcases…too many clothes!  Except for Jim, whose luggage will hopefully arrive in San Diego.  Cathy and I went to the Spa.  She had a massage and me a facial.  Both were very good.  I’m sure I look 5 years younger…HA!

We had a nice dinner in Compass Rose.  Embarkation day always get….

Black Mussels 

IMG_3619.thumb.jpeg.4cbe43ebc8f475fda28f14aa2ae2cbb7.jpeg

Pasta with clams in a champagne sauce IMG_3620.thumb.jpeg.8e5a238b3e73fc5623a864228bfb59d2.jpeg

Veal Piccata with marscapone polenta IMG_3621.thumb.jpeg.0d422005362595e815cdcad4b06579a8.jpeg

But the best part is we had Dennis as our waiter!

The absolute BEST!

• Like 1

Hi Crisy! So sorry to hear you are sea-sick. FWIW, when I was on the Baltic cruise I was sea sick as well. A fellow passenger gave me ginger PILLS and it worked wonders for me! Literally within 45 minutes I was up and about and made to the Horizon Lounge to watch the waves crashing over the bow...if I recall they were capsules with real ginger powder. Not sure if they are available on board, but they really helped me and they had no side affects. 

I hope you feel better soon-I am really enjoying your pix and posts.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2024 at 10:31 AM, crusin7 said:

Cathy and I went to BINGO.  We barely had enough players to qualify. 
Yipppeeeee Cathy won two times.  The pot split once.

IMG_3377.thumb.jpeg.e6694b143719dce68c50c5bcd4ad7311.jpeg

Lunch at Pool Grill Fish Al Fresco

IMG_3380.thumb.jpeg.ab3ece74b6830306658807d4bfab3130.jpeg

Black Mussels 

IMG_3381.thumb.jpeg.ac7b2ea1ba8b976aba45d16f16068757.jpeg

It was good to meet @MarinerLad  Turns out we sat near each other in Compass last night.  Tonight is the Captain’s Welcome and Reception.

IMG_3654.thumb.jpeg.f03cf5cbb6db396667df114cc281928e.jpeg

Hmm...I though Jamie and Dana were aboard as Cruise Director & Assistant Cruise Director.  Did Captain Aivo Palm disembark after the Gala?

Teresa and I joined for the first segment then getting ready to go on Grandeur for a back to back to back (3 segments) in the Med

The MSG “Marinator”   (lol) looks stunning

a little choppy seas today getting to Colombia. Looking forward to terra firma 

Jamie and Dana are the Hosts.  Captain Palm disembarked and will return in 10 weeks.

Yes, the seas were terrible today.  Much calmer now.  Compass Rose was half empty tonight.  Jason said Sette Mari was full and room service was booming.  Dinner was delicious.

Chicken & Goose Liver Parfait 

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.d9b88d4a5031714e314eb7d6f647aeda.jpeg

Spinach Salad Mimosa

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.f705e2d6bd5b95a12f04873fd5499bd4.jpeg

Roasted Pork Tenderloin 

IMG_3679.thumb.jpeg.9650092864713585626a25dfbd7376db.jpeg

Someone turned on mood lighting!

IMG_3416.thumb.jpeg.bef8855b72fcb3ce6387bdf9bad2ecb7.jpeg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Travel-or said:

Hi Crisy! So sorry to hear you are sea-sick. FWIW, when I was on the Baltic cruise I was sea sick as well. A fellow passenger gave me ginger PILLS and it worked wonders for me! Literally within 45 minutes I was up and about and made to the Horizon Lounge to watch the waves crashing over the bow...if I recall they were capsules with real ginger powder. Not sure if they are available on board, but they really helped me and they had no side affects. 

I hope you feel better soon-I am really enjoying your pix and posts.

Just curious, how do you watch waves crashing g over the bow from the Horizon Lounge?

Living out of a carry on suitcase till SF

we are going to try to do it after not getting our luggage in Copenhagen till 4 days later in Oslo. Did not know when or if we would see it. So we decided to try just the carryon with free cleaning helps wore my blazer in the airplane. Caregena today 😀

13 hours ago, crusin7 said:

Jamie and Dana are the Hosts.

I am not sure what that means. Is John Ekin still on board as Cruise Director? Do Jamie and Dana report to him?

9 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

Just curious, how do you watch waves crashing g over the bow from the Horizon Lounge?

I don't know! I guess i forgot the name of the lounge that's at the bow, It was 2008 so I am obviously misremembering the correct name. Oppsie!

5 hours ago, Travel-or said:

I don't know! I guess i forgot the name of the lounge that's at the bow, It was 2008 so I am obviously misremembering the correct name. Oppsie!

I get it. I just looked at your signature and see your cruise was 15 years ago. I certainly can’t remember the details of what I was doing in 2008. Those ginger pills sound interesting. My wife was a little queasy last night and I got her some candied ginger from Compass Rose. She ate one of them and decided she’d rather be sick. I’ll be on the lookout for those pills. 

2 hours ago, cruise_loverinlaval said:

There is an Horizon bar at the back of Deck 6 on Regent Mariner.  FYI.

Indeed there is, but you can’t see over the bow from there - which post #40 had alluded to.