Any suggestions on a good pre cruise Hotel stay in Miami?

Its been a few years since I stayed in Miami. A few places I have stayed in the past were Miami Biscayne Marriott, Hilton downtown, court yard Marriott, and Holliday in Downtown. Any suggestions on a good hotel stay pre cruise I have a group of 7 of us going. 

5 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

Its been a few years since I stayed in Miami. A few places I have stayed in the past were Miami Biscayne Marriott, Hilton downtown, court yard Marriott, and Holliday in Downtown. Any suggestions on a good hotel stay pre cruise I have a group of 7 of us going. 

Lots of good hotel information on the Florida Departures forum:  (this may get moved there).

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

• Like 1

It all depends on what you want.  Are you looking for a fancy hotel, close to night-life and expensive restaurants?  Or, are you looking for a convenient cheap place to sleep with a free breakfast and easy transportation?  For me, it's the later.

1 hour ago, detroitlions said:

Are you implying that none of the above mentioned hotels weren't good?  

🙃

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Second for Intercontinental Miami. Location can’t be beat and it’s a very nice hotel to boot. I always stay there even when I’m flying in and out of Miami without a cruise. Kimpton EPIC is also a very nice place to stay.

Edited by TheDawg79

20 minutes ago, dpepper64 said:

Marriott.  There are 3 together and one has a nice bar and restaurant.  Pick the one you like

I think you need to be clearer .... there are dozens Marriott branded hotels in Miami!

3 hours ago, detroitlions said:

I have stayed quite a few times walking distance to Marketplace and free tram but then I switched to Brickell area as I like the restaurants there. 

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell and enjoyed it very much. It’s in the financial district so safe and clean.  It’s within walking distance to shops and restaurants and for a small fee we took their shuttle to the port.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It all depends on what you want.  Are you looking for a fancy hotel, close to night-life and expensive restaurants?  Or, are you looking for a convenient cheap place to sleep with a free breakfast and easy transportation?  For me, it's the later.

I am a middle of the road person nothing expensive but not really cheap. I like being close to descent food or a good bar restaurant .

18 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Are you implying that none of the above mentioned hotels weren't good?  

🙃

They were nice just wanted to hear others experiences and why they like certain hotels it may sway me into staying at said hotel.

16 hours ago, DMH15 said:

I have stayed quite a few times walking distance to Marketplace and free tram but then I switched to Brickell area as I like the restaurants there. 

One of the hotels I stayed was far from the market place and it made for a boring day. But if the Brickell area has nice Bars/ restaurants I will check it out.

5 hours ago, detroitlions said:

One of the hotels I stayed was far from the market place and it made for a boring day. But if the Brickell area has nice Bars/ restaurants I will check it out.

I love the restaurant North Italia.  It is right across the street from my hotel.  Great vibe and food. 

On 1/7/2024 at 10:56 AM, detroitlions said:

We like doubletree across the street from the Hilton, it shares lobby with Marriott, lobby area has several restaurants and bars , plus other stores and liquor store.

• Like 1

Last year we stayed at EB Hotel at MIA airport and LOVED it, however, at the time I got a corporate rate of $150, which was fabulous.

We also stayed at Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and enjoyed it as well. Also, with a corporate discount, for $150 a night. 

We'll be cruising out of POM later this year, and, sadly, EB Hotel is no longer included in the travel network.

So, now I have to make a choice, and the top contenders are:

Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon for $168 plus tax, breakfast included, food within walking distance, safe, free airport shuttle. We liked the area and the hotel itself.

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Miami Airport $149.00 plus tax, 4021 NW 11TH STREET, MIAMI, FL 33126, breakfast included.

DoubleTree by Hilton Miami Airport & Convention Center - $169.00 plus tax, 711 NW 72ND AVE, MIAMI, no breakfast.

What we need is an inexpensive dinner within walking distance (later eve arrival), decent hotel price, safe area, well maintained and clean hotel rooms, close to the airport, a free airport shuttle is a plus, but not a requirement.  What would you choose?

P.S. Brickell hotels start at $229 and are not an option I am looking into.
Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 1/10/2024 at 10:06 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Miami Airport $149.00 plus tax, 4021 NW 11TH STREET, MIAMI, FL 33126, breakfast included.

DoubleTree by Hilton Miami Airport & Convention Center - $169.00 plus tax, 711 NW 72ND AVE, MIAMI, no breakfast.

@Itchy&Scratchy If you are considering airport area hotels to save some money, consider Hyatt Place - believe they have two locations in that similar area under $200 that also include a very decent hot breakfast. We have used them 50+ nights on our travels in the last few years. Not sure what your situation is, how many people, car or no car, etc. Great for families with kids as they have spacious rooms with two beds and an additional pull out bed (queen) from the sofa. We are planning on staying at the Hyatt Place Miami Airport East and driving to explore downtown the evening before, restaurants, etc. Next morning we'll get ourselves to the port to park as we get free port garage parking so this was the best option for a group of 6 people (two rooms) to spend pre-cruise. We saw the prices of hotels close to the port and just couldn't justify the cost paying for two rooms at the $300+ rate they all wanted, many not offering a free breakfast in the rate -- and having pay for parking for our car on top of that.