Bottled water

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, horseymike said:

Anyone bring bottle water aboard via checked luggage tag ?

From the FAQs, modified June 2021:

However, an allowance of six liters, twelve (12) cans or cartons (500 ml in volume or less) or six (6) cans or cartons (1 liter in volume or less) of water are allowed per stateroom.  Any amount in excess of this allowance will be not be allowed onboard. Water in plastic bottles will not be allowed onboard in any quantity, including in ports of call. Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding. 

I think you will have to tote it yourself... But you can try.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, kirkc said:

No plastic bottles allowed on HAL ships. It will be confiscated.

Well, I just got back to the ship (Rotterdam) an hour ago and security told me "ok, go thru" when I had a full plastic bottle of water in hand. I guess one never knows. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well, I just got back to the ship (Rotterdam) an hour ago and security told me "ok, go thru" when I had a full plastic bottle of water in hand. I guess one never knows. 

There is a difference between a single bottle, and a 6 pack or case.

Was it an open bottle? DW lost hers boarding Zaandam in September due to the policy of not allowing alcohol to be snuck on it water bottles.

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

There is a difference between a single bottle, and a 6 pack or case.

Was it an open bottle? DW lost hers boarding Zaandam in September due to the policy of not allowing alcohol to be snuck on it water bottles.

I was responding to what

KirkC said:

No plastic bottles allowed on HAL ships. It will be confiscated.

On our last Rotterdam cruise in Oct I had a bottle of water in my backpack that the hotel we stayed at gave us. No mention of the bottle or whether it was open or unopened was ever made as we went through security and getting onboard. I guess it's selective enforcement. . 

On 1/8/2024 at 1:11 PM, Billthekid said:

I order distilled water for my cabin for my CPAP machine.  It is delivered in a one-gallon plastic bottle as of December. 

My husband will need this on our upcoming cruise. Where do you order the distilled water for the CPAP?

45 minutes ago, cyndibru said:

My husband will need this on our upcoming cruise. Where do you order the distilled water for the CPAP?

Log on to your cruise. Click Food&Beverages is the dark blue banner. Under Beverages, click Water. It is first of three on my computer.

• Like 1