What does this dining code mean on my booking? CEL SLCT (6:00 PM )

Alakegirl

It means you are currently confirmed for Celebrity Select dining - and on a waitlist for 6pm sitting

If the waitlist gets cleared before you go, it will then just say 6pm

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 10:24 AM, jackaboo said:

It means you are currently confirmed for Celebrity Select dining - and on a waitlist for 6pm sitting.

@Alakegirl I don't think this advice is correct. We have had early dining for our upcoming Feb 3 since we booked in July 2022, and our confirms show  "Dining: 6:00 ()". Elsewhere in managing our cruise, it just says "Early dining (6:00)."

But in the app, it has something similar to yours:

Screenshot_20240110_093115_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.8c83b2eb080527a553d6e2aa79203daa.jpg

Finally, our cruise docs simply show 6:00 pm in the dining box. 

I think it is just another Celebrity IT issue where they have not properly edited database fields or headings.

If you call and find out differently, please update!

Edited by mayleeman

It means you have the 6pm 'fixed/traditional' dining every night in the MDR. They have somewhat changed terminology. Instead of saying Traditional 6pm, all reservations are referred to as Select and the time frame follows, i.e., 6pm, 8:30pm, anytime. 

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
Clarification
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

It means you have the 6pm 'fixed/traditional' dining every night in the MDR. They have somewhat changed terminology. Instead of saying Traditional 6pm, all reservations are referred to as Select and the time frame follows, i.e., 6pm, 8:30pm, anytime. 

I agree with this. All dining on Celebrity is called "Select Dining". There are 3 choices: Select Dining Early, Select Dining Late, and Select Dining Anytime.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/celebrity-select-dining

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@RichYak Good find. That article explains it all, but illustrates how ridiculous it is for Celebrity to stubbornly torture word use in order to add a panache to the name.

Obviously, "Celebrity Gourmet Dining" (Early, Late, or Select) would be more accurate about timing...except even X may realize "those days have gone, gone, gone...."

• Like 1