LIVE from the Celebration 1/14-1/21…

Today was totally unnecessary.  While all of this travel to Miami was going on for “The Tribe Cruise,” I had to dress up in a suit and attend a dedication ceremony in the city where I live.  There were 5 mayors (1 current and 4 past), current and former council members, City managers current and past, school superintendents and school board members and state representatives, just to mention a few of the dignitaries.  I was appointed to a fairly high profile volunteer position within the City, so I didn’t have much choice but to attend.

I’m home, dressed more comfortably and ready to follow all of the shenanigans while drinking my own beers.

• Like 12
  • Haha 5

Roscoe and Melania say hello to everyone. Good times here talking about our travel and people in the roll call that can’t make it because of the weather. Fortunately, all Tribe members, I believe, have now landed and/or are in the area. 

• Like 31

10 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Roscoe and Melania say hello to everyone. Good times here talking about our travel and people in the roll call that can’t make it because of the weather. Fortunately, all Tribe members, I believe, have now landed and/or are in the area. 

Hello back!! 😃

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Hello back at you all....so glad everyone has finally arrived in Florida!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, pbxtech said:

Back when SW had the seats facing each other, we were in our seats  facing front and a guy from another country took seats facing back, took off his shoes and socks and had his wife massage his nasty Stinky feet. Called Flite attendant to have them stop it and put shoes back on. He screamed at us, but not in English. His feet smelled  So horribly  Bad

We really need a puke button here. 🤮

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

My bag finally got under the seat but her foot went right back. She was in my seat the majority of the flight. She kept getting in her big ol bag and elbowing me over and over. She got her iPad. She used hand sanitizer. She had to get more snacks. She played a puzzle game with cats. 
I had a glass of champagne and my snacks and watch “My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3”… good movie. Love seeing the places I’ve been. And then I watched the NFL network. We’ve now landed and early, but our gate still has a plane sitting there. And it’s raining. I’m ready to take my jacket off though. 

@MeganGC1983  you need an aisle seat at all times.  😊. That lady is just plain rude. Keep your feet to yourself!  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, maggieq said:

@MeganGC1983  you need an aisle seat at all times.  😊. That lady is just plain rude. Keep your feet to yourself!  

Southwest doesn’t have assigned seating so you have to take what’s available. It’s especially tough when you have C boarding which she did this time 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

It might backfire if it draws more and more xl flyers to Southwest. Prices will have to go up. If I need two seats, I should pay for two seats??

Southwest actually has a really great "passenger of size" policy. My mom is a big lady and has been using it for many, many years. She has to purchase 2 tickets. When she checks in, she is given a "reserved seat" sign to place in the seat next to her. After she has completed her trip, SW refunds her the cost of the 2nd seat. She never wants to inconvenience anyone - even her family when we're traveling together!

• Like 21

7 minutes ago, blarko said:

Southwest doesn’t have assigned seating so you have to take what’s available. It’s especially tough when you have C boarding which she did this time 

A SW Flight Attendant once joked, “Group C means, C you in the middle”😂

Edited by RenoNanaOz
  • Haha 17

Roscoe and Melania have been up a fat 33 hours so they retired and we are Margaritaville. Meeting their friends that just arrived with Amy. It’s misting pretty hard but we are dry on the inside of the bar. This is the BIG uptown margarita. 

image.jpg

• Like 24