Can we take softdrinks on a Princess cruise

Posted (edited)

I phoned the Princess call centre and was told we can take as much (bottles or cans) of softdrink on board as we like. The only restrictions are that it has to be still factory-sealed and it has to be in hand luggage. There was no mention of restrictions on softdrink in the Cruise Contract.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Hi Evon

Sorry have not been on Princess since covid, but prior to that, I often took sealed plastic bottles of drink on with me.

Mostly in my carry on bags, but on occasions in my check in.

No body raised any concerns.

But could have changed since covid, which of coarse is your question.

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

Hi Evon

Sorry have not been on Princess since covid, but prior to that, I often took sealed plastic bottles of drink on with me.

Mostly in my carry on bags, but on occasions in my check in.

No body raised any concerns.

But could have changed since covid, which of coarse is your question.

Thanks. The Princess call centre says it is OK so I will rely on that.

As an aside, I am currently receiving a series of emails from Princess regarding our dining reservation. It states that they have changed the bookings, then detail exactly what I booked for every evening - 5.40pm on the Provence. This is a 14 night cruise and so far I have received eight separate emails, each with the same details, but a different date. They have the notation 'no reply'. I doesn't really matter - I have the place and time I booked for my family group. Another email just arrived - no two more!!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

As an aside, I am currently receiving a series of emails from Princess regarding our dining reservation. It states that they have changed the bookings, then detail exactly what I booked for every evening - 5.40pm on the Provence. This is a 14 night cruise and so far I have received eight separate emails, each with the same details, but a different date. They have the notation 'no reply'. I doesn't really matter - I have the place and time I booked for my family group. Another email just arrived - no two more!!

Does it make you feel like their please to have you sail with them.🙄       Or      😱

• Haha 1

Just now, Ozwoody said:

Does it make you feel like their please to have you sail with them.🙄       Or      😱

They are thrilled I am joining them on board Coral Princess. That is what they told me.🙂 However, I could have done without 14 emails with the subject 'Reservation Changed'. When I received the first one I had a moment of concern wondering if the reservation for the cruise had been changed. this cruise is with my daughter, son-in-law and their three little daughters. I would not have liked to explain to the girls that the cruise was cancelled.

These emails puzzle me when they are all detailing the exact time and place I booked for dinner for the whole cruise.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

They are thrilled I am joining them on board Coral Princess. That is what they told me.🙂 However, I could have done without 14 emails with the subject 'Reservation Changed'. When I received the first one I had a moment of concern wondering if the reservation for the cruise had been changed. this cruise is with my daughter, son-in-law and their three little daughters. I would not have liked to explain to the girls that the cruise was cancelled.

These emails puzzle me when they are all detailing the exact time and place I booked for dinner for the whole cruise.

The worlds gone to pot😂

Everything has to be done by computer generated responses, or must be done on your phone app, and oh do I hate being told "Just use our friendly phone app", dam it give me a real live person any day...🤣

• Like 1

Just now, Ozwoody said:

The worlds gone to pot😂

Everything has to be done by computer generated responses, or must be done on your phone app, and oh do I hate being told "Just use our friendly phone app", dam it give me a real live person any day...🤣

I don't use apps unless I absolutely have to and much prefer to speak to a live person. Last year we had to use the Medallion app to load health info and for P&O their Verifly that was even worse. Now thankfully, none of that is needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't use apps unless I absolutely have to and much prefer to speak to a live person. Last year we had to use the Medallion app to load health info and for P&O their Verifly that was even worse. Now thankfully, none of that is needed.

Absolutely.

Funny thing was after fiddling to enter everything into Verifly, they did not use it and we had to do it again at the terminal, good job we took all the paper work with us.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

That's good to know, thanks. On a recent cruise we didn't need to take any soft drinks on board with us, but will be later this year. It hadn't even occurred to me that their policy may have changed 🙂

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I had that problem on our Grand cruise last year. It was weird! It didn't happen on Diamond though, thank goodness.