Upgrades?

Hello,

This is our first time cruising RCI in many years and we're interested in bidding on an upgraded cabin. I don't see an upgrade option on my app or online. We're cruising in March. Am I missing it somewhere, is that even an option on RCI or are we too early to see that option?

The RoyalUp upgrade option becomes available anywhere from 90 to 30 days in advance.  You will receive an email when your RoyalUp offer is an option.  Alternatively you will see this option in your cruise planner...

ScreenShot2024-01-09at12_08_10PM.thumb.png.6d6f44ea0b971f5e8407f3ed74b828f9.png

Failing those two things you can check the website directly... 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

You need to be 30 days or less for the website to accomplish anything.

That being said, with sailings currently sailing at such high capacities probabilities are very low.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gigi816 said:

Hello,

This is our first time cruising RCI in many years and we're interested in bidding on an upgraded cabin. I don't see an upgrade option on my app or online. We're cruising in March. Am I missing it somewhere, is that even an option on RCI or are we too early to see that option?

You are a little early.

• Following an invitation from RCL, guests may submit an Offer from 45 days prior to a sailing up to 48 hours before the departure date (the “Upgrade Window”).

•  

• Some TA'S, like ours from a big box agency, do not participate in Royal up.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The RoyalUp upgrade option becomes available anywhere from 90 to 30 days in advance.  You will receive an email when your RoyalUp offer is an option.  Alternatively you will see this option in your cruise planner...

That being said, with sailings currently sailing at such high capacities probabilities are very low.

Thank you for the info!

Posted (edited)

Lately my RU offers have been coming immediately after check-in is completed.  Example - yesterday was check-in for our 2-22-24 Radiance sailing, which I completed mid-morning.  In the early afternoon I got a RU offer which I submitted immediately.  By dinner time, I got the notice that one of the RUB had been accepted.  

Edited by RFerrington

17 minutes ago, Bleueyes44 said:

When in March is your  cruise ?  Mine is March 8th and I  just got  my Royalup  offer yesterday.

We're a week after you, March 16. Figure it might be a long shot but might as well give it a shot.

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

Lately my RU offers have been coming immediately after check-in is completed.  Example - yesterday was check-in for our 2-22-24 Radiance sailing, which I completed mid-morning.  In the early afternoon I got a RU offer which I completed immediately.  By dinner time, I got the notice that one of the RUB had been accepted.  

Good to know. Thank you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

I got the notice that one of the RUB had been accepted.  

Wow! I'm still 0/9 with Royal ups.  I expect to be 0/10 after my next Adventure sailing.  You must live right 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Or is not as cheap frugal as you.  😉

That's the thing... I've had bids that were considered medium to strong bids according to the little gage on the page. Still nothing!

At the end of the day I doesn't bother me because I never book with expectation I'll get anything and always book a cabin I'll be happy with but it would be nice at least once to feel like you won something. 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Wow! I'm still 0/9 with Royal ups.  I expect to be 0/10 after my next Adventure sailing.  You must live right 🙂

😇  Not really.  This is the first RU that we have actually won in a year.  I actually have very bad luck with RU....I will just count my blessings with this one.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

😇  Not really.  This is the first RU that we have actually won in a year.  I actually have very bad luck with RU....I will just count my blessings with this one.  

I think your post confused them when you said your royal up bid was accepted 9 times. 

4 hours ago, Bleueyes44 said:

When in March is your  cruise ?  Mine is March 8th and I  just got  my Royalup  offer yesterday.

Ours is March 9th and we got our email right before Christmas!

16 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Thanks for the link. I’m still 59 days away and was able to make some bids. Also, have not checked in yet either! 

We cruise March 9th on Symphony.  Currently have a JS on deck 8, which is our preference.

Have had a RU email for a couple weeks.  Would submit a very lowball bid for a GS just for kicks,

not expecting or caring if they accept it, but afraid if they accept it would not get a very good GS.

I'm content with a JS as we're diamond plus and good with the perks we do get.  Hope all who are bidding get what you want.  Trying to stay warm on this very frigid day and dreaming of a warm cruise.

On 1/9/2024 at 6:15 PM, RFerrington said:

What did you get??

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I went to a connected ocean view room to a spacious ocean view balcony.  Very happy with the result and the location.

I should have said I went from a connected ocean view room…

• Like 1