A cruise from Australia 🇦🇺

Loving your posts . We are on Ovation in April and just off Quantum so interesting to see if there is much difference . Different performance in Two70 which was fantastic . Same style production Sequins and Feathers which we have seen before - long legs and much feathers LoL . Fantastic waiter staff in the dining room , food selection and quality down on previous sails , but it was just a 3 nighter and our grandkids loved the fun in the dining room ( Carnival style napkin waving and they stood on their seats for the chicken dance with the staff - Thinking most joined in and had fun . Pools were all packed like sardines . Solarium full all day . Interested to follow your Ovation cruise each day to see the differences  . Thanks  ( By the way there are many not so patriottic Aussies displaying un Australian style demonstations at the moment re Australia Day which I shouldnt comment on for fear of adding angst to your fine posts ) 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, little britain said:

Australians are patriotic

IMG_2733.jpeg

I don’t think we are that patriotic,not like Americans. We just love to party!

Just got on Brilliance and 15 minutes from bag drop to the promenade,so quick.

A new coffee machine in the diamond lounge ,I bet the shareholders don’t know about that . LOL 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t think we are that patriotic,not like Americans. We just love to party!

Just got on Brilliance and 15 minutes from bag drop to the promenade,so quick.

A new coffee machine in the diamond lounge ,I bet the shareholders don’t know about that . LOL 

Have a glass of Fifth Leg for me! The wine selection on Ovation is pretty poor! Let’s hope the delivery truck 🚚 makes it on Sunday 

I think you have new CD Carly. I must admit we were impressed with Ted Lasso lookalike Brian! 

Not sure if many are following these posts but I’ll keep ploughing on! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I’m following! Enjoying the journey. 

I suspect that a lot of people are a bit distracted by the Icon sailings. 

Edited by perfect match

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Yes please carry on, loving your trip reports. Australia is on our bucket list. Just dreading the long flight.

I love hearing cruise reports ftom different parts of the world 🌎 🙃 

7 hours ago, little britain said:

Have a glass of Fifth Leg for me! The wine selection on Ovation is pretty poor! Let’s hope the delivery truck 🚚 makes it on Sunday 

I think you have new CD Carly. I must admit we were impressed with Ted Lasso lookalike Brian! 

Since I have zero interest in setting foot on the Icon and love reading about new ports, I will continue to follow along.  I cruise for the ports.  So far these are really impressive.

• Thanks 1

Tonight’s show was The Beautiful Dream… in the same category imho as The Book and The Gift… unintelligible angst ridden mish mash of tunes that bear no realisation to each other with no discernible storyline.

RCI really fail sometimes imho on the entertainment!  But because the ship is 75% first time RCI cruisers every seat in every activity is taken! They are lapping it up. 

IMG_2746.thumb.jpeg.923b18b0ed64cf1a2f9a1d8be50d1691.jpeg

now if he had flown that would be impressive! IMG_2750.thumb.jpeg.ae78f1381afaa7a7717337ec9a9f88d8.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Tonight’s show was The Beautiful Dream… in the same category imho as The Book and The Gift… unintelligible angst ridden mish mash of tunes that bear no realisation to each other with no discernible storyline.

RCI really fail sometimes imho on the entertainment!  But because the ship is 75% first time RCI cruisers every seat in every activity is taken! They are lapping it up. 

now if he had flown that would be impressive! IMG_2750.thumb.jpeg.ae78f1381afaa7a7717337ec9a9f88d8.jpeg

lol you need to watch a show on MSC!!  It's like being on acid.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, little britain said:

I thought it was just me that can’t follow there shows.

There was one show on Brilliance that goes from Sammy singing Mr Bojangles to ABBA’s Dancing queen . I find it difficult to find a link between those songs.

Edited by Chiliburn

Did our 'once in a lifetime' cruise out of Sydney on 2020 just as Covid raised it's ugly head in China. DH insisted that we fly business class from the U.S.  We flew on Qatar Air and it was amazing!  We stayed in Sydney for 4 days before cruising around New Zealand.  Returned to Sydney, sailing up into the South Pacific before returning to Sydney.  In Sydney for 3 more days before flying back to the U.S.  Wish we had spent even more time in Sydney.  Would have loved circumnavigating Australia but it just wasn't feasible for us.  Highly recommend the trip if you can afford it!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hancock said:

Did our 'once in a lifetime' cruise out of Sydney on 2020 just as Covid raised it's ugly head in China. DH insisted that we fly business class from the U.S.  We flew on Qatar Air and it was amazing!  We stayed in Sydney for 4 days before cruising around New Zealand.  Returned to Sydney, sailing up into the South Pacific before returning to Sydney.  In Sydney for 3 more days before flying back to the U.S.  Wish we had spent even more time in Sydney.  Would have loved circumnavigating Australia but it just wasn't feasible for us.  Highly recommend the trip if you can afford it!

The circumnavigation was great.  Did it February- March 2020 just before the world shut down. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 5:43 AM, little britain said:

We had Carly on the Serenade.  She was very good and very accessible.  Enjoy

On 1/25/2024 at 5:26 PM, Chiliburn said:

I believe you are off to New Zealand next cruise?

There should be an Asian lady that plays the electric violin. She is extremely good.

https://yoomia.com

Dead set right Chilli, has to be in the top 5 acts I have seen on a cruise. Wish I was onboard to see her again.

On 1/27/2024 at 2:11 PM, hammo said:

( By the way there are many not so patriottic Aussies displaying un Australian style demonstations at the moment re Australia Day which I shouldnt comment on for fear of adding angst to your fine posts ) 

I think the demonstrations are very Australian actually. I guess we must have a very different view of what it means to be Australian

• Haha 1

A very different demographic for this one - The kids are back in school 👏 so there are only 400 on board. 

We left Sydney in glorious sunshine, reverse out of the dock and it seems like we come dangerously close to backing into the bridge!

Sydney must be one of the best ports to go up on NorthStar. It’s magnificent looking down on the Opera house ! 

IMG_2761.thumb.jpeg.2d9a13b1e2486b65ee93ac795c9ac019.jpeg

IMG_2764.thumb.jpeg.0391d374e4a50da7b47c0ed3fa7063f1.jpeg

• Like 4