The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday, January 10th, 2024

kazu

17 minutes ago, dfish said:

Thanks!  We will have a great time.  We would have had a great time if we had stuck with our inside cabin on Deck 10.  Or if we'd stuck with the Ocean View cabin on Deck 1.  We're happy to be back on Deck 10 and planning to make the most of this trip.  I'm sure it will be fabulous!

Storm predictions for the weekend look worse as time goes on.  Tomorrow we'll hit the grocery store and stock up on perishables - vegetables - to get us through the weekend.  Next week is the polar vortex.  So, Hawaii will be fabulous even if it rains all day every day.

Debbie, hope it doesn't rain everyday, but anything would be better than the winter the northern areas and Canada are having.  Fortunately, the rain we've experienced has not been all day.  It will be a great trip because we will be on a BHB.

Lenda

• Like 12

Hello from Honolulu and the Volendam!

This is our second day in Honolulu, we head to Hilo tonight. 

Yesterday we had an 8-hour circle the island tour with other CC’rs and had a great time. Other than some shopping at Hilo Hattie’s and Walmart this morning we’re taking it easy today—resting up for the Volcano National Park tomorrow. Loving this cruise!

For the Garden Club. 🙂

Sorry, I can’t get rid of the black void at the end. 😂

IMG_1556.thumb.jpeg.2f49851eac088605b1df250e9de7f552.jpeg

IMG_1569.jpeg.e2510793d806a333a0b8c731e2a0335f.jpeg

Cacao plant

IMG_1567.jpeg.e65cacd519f84e7c0c37d12460716bd9.jpeg

IMG_1554.jpeg

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@kazu Jacqui Yikes on the fall but I’m glad you’re “OK.” And that you have a generator and it works. 😉

@HAL Sailer Melisa {{{{HUGS}}}}

Busy day today. It’s a good thing I looked at my work email last night.  I was asked to bring in donuts this morning for the all staff meeting with the BIG boss. I think it was a good visit. I had to leave after lunch to babysit (I do this every week) so I missed the close out meeting. I’m sure I’ll hear how it went soon. 

I hope everyone stays warm and safe in all the storms. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

DH and I worked this afternoon, and because the weather is supposed to get bad again, I suggested that we have dinner out tonight.  When we got home DH noticed that the boot room aka laundry room had flooded.  I told him I noticed that the water from 5 inches of rain and the wind, had actually watered the front wall garden up to a foot from the house, usually it will only get wet before it gets to the eves.

So if it wasnt all the rain water coming into the house, we really do need that washer and dryer.  Guess we will see with the next round of wetness.

@StLouisCruisersI dont think we will get off as easy as we did yesterday.  Be prepared!  Georgians, Floridians, and North and South Carolinians.  I've got bologna and tuna.  We're good, but we will need firewood.

I think that Bubbles, while he still looks like heck, is feeling better, as he is indicating he wants off the porch.  Not going to happen for a couple more days.  He has gone blind in his right eye, turns out he was bit there too.  But he looks at least 75 percent better than 4 days ago.  Smells better too.  He is not just walking infection.

When I went to walk the dog this morning, I looked out on the car port, and a cute little stray was munching away.  And then from our neighbors yard, I noticed the fox, in broad daylight come streaking down the hill, and down the driveway.  I waited a few minutes, and then walked the dog.  Dog and fox dont play well together. I have been told from Donna's early morning walks.

@HAL SailerYou are often in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that perhaps you can get some help come in and make some free time for you.  I know that almost sounds guilty, but you need to be your best, and as my husbands docs have told me, when he needs me.  My guilty pleasure is watching Midsumer Murders, two hours of being entertained helps me immensely.I dont get nails done, or pedicures or haircuts very often (maybe once every three years) I dont go shopping, or have lunch with friends, but I do have John Nettles to take away the duldrums.

image.png.6ffcfd7e68b3f6a50a149bcea7279365.png

A picture for a moment of peace-

image.thumb.png.ac2632ee9d0cc1109f8db8852dde80c2.png

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, hope it doesn't rain everyday, but anything would be better than the winter the northern areas and Canada are having.  Fortunately, the rain we've experienced has not been all day.  It will be a great trip because we will be on a BHB.

Lenda

The BHB is the key!

• Like 9

@HAL Sailer I appreciate your heart rending message and Melissa I will pray for you and your DH as you bear through this.  You know we are all here backing you up.  

@kochleffel Ditto on your tour.  Our 4.5 hour tour left at 9:00 and returned at 2:15.  At least we got our money's worth.

IMG_20240110_114846968_HDR.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 12

Hello all,

Just as I am ready to go to bed i realized that I did not post an update.

The drive home was very good. Nice weather, not a cloud in the sky and the traffic was light.  We made it home in less than three hours.  Stopped at Total Wine in JAX to pick up our order before proceeding on our way.

We got home at 12:15 pm and i had a few minutes to rest before we had to go to a meeting from 2 to 4.  

When we got back from that I was totally exhausted.  I just could not function.  I found the recliner in the bedroom and zonked out.  

We ordered Pizza for dinner.  I just could not cook.

Tomorrow Jim has an appointment with the Neurologist.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes well.  I am not expecting wonderful news,.  Just hope we can both deal with what we are told and what can be done in the way of treatment and what we can expect.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.  You are all so supportive.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hello all,

Just as I am ready to go to bed i realized that I did not post an update.

The drive home was very good. Nice weather, not a cloud in the sky and the traffic was light.  We made it home in less than three hours.  Stopped at Total Wine in JAX to pick up our order before proceeding on our way.

We got home at 12:15 pm and i had a few minutes to rest before we had to go to a meeting from 2 to 4.  

When we got back from that I was totally exhausted.  I just could not function.  I found the recliner in the bedroom and zonked out.  

We ordered Pizza for dinner.  I just could not cook.

Tomorrow Jim has an appointment with the Neurologist.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes well.  I am not expecting wonderful news,.  Just hope we can both deal with what we are told and what can be done in the way of treatment and what we can expect.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.  You are all so supportive.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, glad you had an easier drive home today, and made it safely.  I'm sending positive thoughts for the appointment tomorrow that it goes well and that both of you can handle whatever you learn, and for strength for both of you going forward.  Remember we're all here for you and will support you anyway we can.

Lenda

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Terri, glad you had an easier drive home today, and made it safely.  I'm sending positive thoughts for the appointment tomorrow that it goes well and that both of you can handle whatever you learn, and for strength for both of you going forward.  Remember we're all here for you and will support you anyway we can.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

🙏🤞🙏

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bennybear said:

@HAL Sailer I am so saddened by your news, but hoping you can both enjoy some more good times.     Sending hugs!  

20 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Melissa, praying 2024 is good to you. 

20 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Nice hearing from you.🙏

20 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh gee, Terry - I sure hope you are ok 🙏. This time of year is so tricky.

Brrr - that is too cold - risky for man and beast.  I won’t walk my dogs in that even with coats.

Thank you for updating us, Melissa.  So sorry for the difficulties you are going through.  My prayers remain with you 🙏. And bless you for helping your DH stay in his home as long as possible ♥️ 

Power went out a while ago.  Thankfully, my generator is running 👍 

18 hours ago, dfish said:

Melissa, thank you for letting us know what is happening with you.  You have a heavy burden and if our caring and virtual hugs help with the lift of that burden, I am glad.  We all think of you often and know we are here if you need someone to listen.

Oh, no!  What next?

We got another upsell offer for Hawaii.  This time it was $249 pp to go from ocean view to balcony, so we took it.  Of course, that meant I had to order some wine to sip out on my balcony!  It is a spa balcony, but I'm not sure the amenities are of any use to us.  

18 hours ago, ocean sounds said:

Sending you the biggest Hug.  Praying 🙏🏻 that the days ahead keep you healthy and strong to help you through this challenge.  Savor every day with your DH.  And just take it a day at a time. And stop in when you need reassurance.  Remember we are all sending prayers and hugs.

take care

17 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@HAL Sailer Thanks for the update.  Sending virtual hugs.

17 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Beautiful house plants, Brenda.  Stay safe and warm.

Melisa, thank you for letting us know what has been happening.  I wish there was more that we could, but glad that knowing we are here and willing to help plus keeping you and your DH in our thoughts helps you.  ((((((HUGS))))))

Bruce, congratulations on the new cruise for next year.  It sounds like you are having a wonderful cruise.

Debbie, congratulations on a great upsell offer.  You'll enjoy the balcony.

Lenda

16 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

@HAL Sailer Thanks for stopping in to update us. You are right where you are supposed to be!  One day at a time is Everything!  Hoping you have a good day today.  
Maureen  

16 hours ago, quilty964 said:

Happy Wednesday!  The meal sounds good today, haven't been to the port, i made chocolate chip cookies yesterday with semi sweet chips.  As for house plants, I took some clippings from my basil plant and started them inside, they're growing, but not very fast.  

@kazuhope you heal quickly, and your arm doesn't hurt too bad.  Good thing you have a generator.  People in our area did also lost power last night.  Your map of Canada weather doesn't look fun!

@HAL SailerPrayers that 2024 is better for you.

We had about 3 inches of snow yesterday, with lots of wind.  Many branches down this morning.  More snow over the next few days, maybe 10 inches total...not looking forward to that!  Thanks for all of the caring and sharing here.  Karen

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

15 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Melisa, @HAL Sailer thank you for checking in to let us know.  We send you lots of hugs and many prayers!

12 hours ago, dobiemom said:

@kazu Jacqui Yikes on the fall but I’m glad you’re “OK.” And that you have a generator and it works. 😉

@HAL Sailer Melisa {{{{HUGS}}}}

Busy day today. It’s a good thing I looked at my work email last night.  I was asked to bring in donuts this morning for the all staff meeting with the BIG boss. I think it was a good visit. I had to leave after lunch to babysit (I do this every week) so I missed the close out meeting. I’m sure I’ll hear how it went soon. 

I hope everyone stays warm and safe in all the storms. 

11 hours ago, marshhawk said:

DH and I worked this afternoon, and because the weather is supposed to get bad again, I suggested that we have dinner out tonight.  When we got home DH noticed that the boot room aka laundry room had flooded.  I told him I noticed that the water from 5 inches of rain and the wind, had actually watered the front wall garden up to a foot from the house, usually it will only get wet before it gets to the eves.

So if it wasnt all the rain water coming into the house, we really do need that washer and dryer.  Guess we will see with the next round of wetness.

@StLouisCruisersI dont think we will get off as easy as we did yesterday.  Be prepared!  Georgians, Floridians, and North and South Carolinians.  I've got bologna and tuna.  We're good, but we will need firewood.

I think that Bubbles, while he still looks like heck, is feeling better, as he is indicating he wants off the porch.  Not going to happen for a couple more days.  He has gone blind in his right eye, turns out he was bit there too.  But he looks at least 75 percent better than 4 days ago.  Smells better too.  He is not just walking infection.

When I went to walk the dog this morning, I looked out on the car port, and a cute little stray was munching away.  And then from our neighbors yard, I noticed the fox, in broad daylight come streaking down the hill, and down the driveway.  I waited a few minutes, and then walked the dog.  Dog and fox dont play well together. I have been told from Donna's early morning walks.

@HAL SailerYou are often in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that perhaps you can get some help come in and make some free time for you.  I know that almost sounds guilty, but you need to be your best, and as my husbands docs have told me, when he needs me.  My guilty pleasure is watching Midsumer Murders, two hours of being entertained helps me immensely.I dont get nails done, or pedicures or haircuts very often (maybe once every three years) I dont go shopping, or have lunch with friends, but I do have John Nettles to take away the duldrums.

image.png.6ffcfd7e68b3f6a50a149bcea7279365.png

A picture for a moment of peace-

image.thumb.png.ac2632ee9d0cc1109f8db8852dde80c2.png

10 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@HAL Sailer I appreciate your heart rending message and Melissa I will pray for you and your DH as you bear through this.  You know we are all here backing you up.  

@kochleffel Ditto on your tour.  Our 4.5 hour tour left at 9:00 and returned at 2:15.  At least we got our money's worth.

IMG_20240110_114846968_HDR.jpg

Thank you, all. (And, also anyone I inadvertently missed.)

Your heartfelt messages surround and support me.

-Melisa 

Edited by HAL Sailer
typo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

• LauraS locked this topic