I dont consider myself cheap

Yup, it feels odd to not have an NCL trip booked for 2025 yet, but there are lots of options out there to pick from.

We're headed to a travel show here in NY tomorrow, so I plan on skipping all the big guys and looking for those smaller cruise lines that have funky itineraries that catch my eye more and giving them a few minutes of my time to tell me why I should consider them. Hubby found an itinerary on Swan that went all around Sicily and even stopped at his grandfather's hometown - so hoping they'll do a similar trip in 2025 or beyond that we could hop on and take a photo outside grandpa's old home.

2 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Yup, it feels odd to not have an NCL trip booked for 2025 yet, but there are lots of options out there to pick from.

We're headed to a travel show here in NY tomorrow, so I plan on skipping all the big guys and looking for those smaller cruise lines that have funky itineraries that catch my eye more and giving them a few minutes of my time to tell me why I should consider them. Hubby found an itinerary on Swan that went all around Sicily and even stopped at his grandfather's hometown - so hoping they'll do a similar trip in 2025 or beyond that we could hop on and take a photo outside grandpa's old home.

Look at Sea Dream Yacht Club for funky itineraries 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 2:31 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Would you please report back on the travel show. DW said yesterday at dinner that we should have taken the bus to the city and gone there.

10 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Would you please report back on the travel show. DW said yesterday at dinner that we should have taken the bus to the city and gone there.

It was ok, no great deals that we could find for the places we were interested in. Surprised to see such a heavy presence there from Pakistan and Croatia - each country had a half dozen booths promoting travel to those areas. Spoke to a few of the smaller cruise lines and at a quick glance their pricing is more reasonable than we had thought it would be compared to what we typically pay for Haven on NCL.

Was able to get our tickets to the show for free this year (next year if you google around you can find some insurance agencies that give them away for free), so not bad for free to get some new tote bags and updated info on things that interested us. Plus was able to flag down the TA we booked our Galapagos trip with at last years show and give her a few choice words since she's been ignoring emails. Can't run from me when I'm standing in front of you... but yeah, that's another long story of why I don't like TAs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1