Such Negativity-Anything Positive to Say?

27 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

These people on the world cruise posting on Tik Tok are influencers paid to do what they're doing by sponsors.  If they didn't have anything negative, they'd be cut off, whether the posts are truthful or not doesn't matter.

Please tell me who they are so I can continue to ignore them.

To all the people who still like Celebrity, including myself, according to some people here, we are just cheerleaders, and ignore the negatives. Not true in my case. I know the negatives, but for me they are minor, and for me, Celebrity is still my go to line. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

To all the people who still like Celebrity, including myself, according to some people here, we are just cheerleaders, and ignore the negatives. Not true in my case. I know the negatives, but for me they are minor, and for me, Celebrity is still my go to line. 

I thought perfectly reasonable and well thought out posts like this weren't permitted on this board 😂

Edited by RichYak
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, deliver42 said:

These people on the world cruise posting on Tik Tok are influencers paid to do what they're doing by sponsors.  If they didn't have anything negative, they'd be cut off, whether the posts are truthful or not doesn't matter.

There are plenty of regular passengers partaking too. It's not necessarily all negative but it does highlight some of the sheer ridiculousness of some of the passengers. 

1 minute ago, paulh84 said:

There are plenty of regular passengers partaking too. It's not necessarily all negative but it does highlight some of the sheer ridiculousness of some of the passengers. 

You could say that about any cruise. This and many threads are a great example of that. Nothing wrong with that and I take all of them for what it's worth. 

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Next on Cruise Critic.

“Why can’t you see how bad Celebrity is?!?!”

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2024 at 7:55 PM, markeb said:

"Cookiegate" is an example of social media rage coupled with poor internal messaging of their strategy. Celebrity attempted to add a new offering for an additional fee. They even put it with the gelato, which is already an extra fee item. They clearly didn't communicate internally that they intended to make this an additional offering, and folks on Equinox (I believe it was Equinox; everything was on Equinox at the time) apparently moved the standard cookies out of the case to encourage sales of the new, "better" cookies. A logical move if you haven't been told why they're doing this. And the 'net, including Cruise Critic, blew up. And the rage reached critical mass before they could simply ensure all the previous cookies were still at Cafe al Bacio and that they didn't intend for the hot chocolate chip cookie to replace the free cookies. Maybe that was necessary to wake up some of the operational folks, but they were doing a lot of experimenting at the time, and this one might have worked if done better, and probably not in conjunction with everything else. But I will still argue that social media rage torpedoed the idea.

I pay for gelato on occasion. I like it better than ice cream. I probably would have paid for an occasional hot chocolate chip cookie. Never got the chance.

The regular cookies are awful.  I wonder if the hot CC cookie was better. 

5 minutes ago, calicakes said:

The regular cookies are awful.  I wonder if the hot CC cookie was better. 

The freshly baked cookie reportedly was better and while food is subjective, a freshly baked cookie will be softer than a room-temperature cookie.  Ironically, they removed the fresh cookie due to the nickel and dimeing outrage.  It would have turned things from a negative to a positive if they still offered them but for free.  Even including the labor each cookie can't cost X more than a quarter meaning it would only cost X a few thousand at most

X has never been known for their complimentary baked goods, the most raved-about dessert of all time on any cruise ship is the Carnival chocolate melting cake, go figure.  X's free cookies are too hard and are almost flavorless aside from one subtle but odd flavor that figuratively and literally, left a bad taste in my mouth.  X;s free peanut butter cookies, both the regular and the low-sugar, are much better than all of their other cookie flavors

On 1/13/2024 at 3:10 PM, Jamietravelstheworld said:

I am a very experienced cruiser but have my first Celebrity cruise booked for January 2025 on the Edge. Reading the posts here, everything is so negative. Should I cancel? Or are the people with positive things to say just not posting? No cruise line is perfect, and every cruise has made cuts due to budget, but is it so extreme on Celebrity. My favorite cruise line is Azamara and I often cruise solo. I also like Oceania but find there's not a lot to do on the ships. I like Princess too, but they don't do enough to engage the solo travelers or help them meet each other.

We were on the Ascent 1/7 sailing.  It was our second Celebrity cruise (but 15th overall cruise).  We loved it.  The crew was friendly.  The food was excellent.  The entertainment was fun and the overall vibe of the passengers was lovely.  We stayed in a Sky Suite and enjoyed the Retreat.  We had two cruises booked the the same time in March and were deciding - Star Class Loft on Royal or another Sky suite on Apex and we canceled the Star Class Loft even though it was a very good deal.  We definitely have nothing but great things to say about Celebrity!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luckyfincruiser said:

We were on the Ascent 1/7 sailing.  It was our second Celebrity cruise (but 15th overall cruise).  We loved it.  The crew was friendly.  The food was excellent.  The entertainment was fun and the overall vibe of the passengers was lovely.  We stayed in a Sky Suite and enjoyed the Retreat.  We had two cruises booked the the same time in March and were deciding - Star Class Loft on Royal or another Sky suite on Apex and we canceled the Star Class Loft even though it was a very good deal.  We definitely have nothing but great things to say about Celebrity!  

I agree about their new ships, especially Ascent for the ship experience, but I am a fan of E-class.  The stock closed on Friday, 1/19/24 at 127.00, so pouring all the advertising etc into Ascent is making for happy shareholders and cruisers.  The Retreat experience is very nice too, especially if you feel like you got a great deal.  Xcel will be taking her place very soon, so the momentum should remain high.

We are on Ascent now and for the January 21st cruise. I will say the service and food on board has been the best we have had in a long while.   

And, the cookies have been wonderful. 🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reading through this board and the comments about choosing to  "patronize" other cruise lines makes me laugh.  Yes, please take your "patronizing" attitudes elsewhere and attempt to be happy!

I also cannot imagine revisiting a service I stopped using years ago to throw my two cents in on the internet.  "Stop liking things I don't like!"   People are a trip!

Celebrity is a blast - I sailed on them almost 30 years ago (yeesh!) and the product is MASSIVELY better!  People stating "back in my day" are just remembering their lost youth and through rose colored glasses.  

Celebrity is wonderful and you will have a wonderful time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stringbean10 said:

Reading through this board and the comments about choosing to  "patronize" other cruise lines makes me laugh.  Yes, please take your "patronizing" attitudes elsewhere and attempt to be happy!

I also cannot imagine revisiting a service I stopped using years ago to throw my two cents in on the internet.  "Stop liking things I don't like!"   People are a trip!

Celebrity is a blast - I sailed on them almost 30 years ago (yeesh!) and the product is MASSIVELY better!  People stating "back in my day" are just remembering their lost youth and through rose colored glasses.  

Celebrity is wonderful and you will have a wonderful time.

You know something?  If everyone had your attitude, they might actually cruise more often on Celebrity.  Thanks a lot!  😂

We just came off Ascent for two weeks. Both cruises were great. Food, service and entertainment were as good as ever. I thought the food was just like old times. We were in main dining. When we did not like the menu I order beef Wellington from Normandie. We ate in Cyprus one night. All other meals were in Cosmopolitan. I thought it was the best, well run and great service. We had same table after the first night and same time. Second cruise we had 6 others join us and did the same. The staff was very accommodating. 

We drank a lot of wine and had no problem adjusting. Found a great blend from Spain instead of Conundrum or Decoy. Meridiani Oaks. 

We booked three more for May and July. 

• Like 3

I just got back from a 6 night cruise on Reflection. I have absolutely NO complaints about anything. However, I do recognize that it's all in the opinion of the cruiser and what he/she expect. I'm happy to be able to go on a cruise. I'm not a high maintenance person and I look for the good in pretty much everything. It's all in your outlook. Happy cruising!

• Like 1