3 Night Dining Package. How does this work?

We sail on Vision in March, our first time with RCL

Today I was looking at the add on 3 night dining package, but I'm not sure I understand the details as stated. 

What restaurants are included?

Are some restaurants or entrees upcharged?

What is the a la carte pricing?   Says there is a $20 food credit.

Thanks for advice.

The 3 night dining package gives you a choice of eating at Chops, Giovanni's or Izumi. You start on night one or two and you get assigned the first time. You can change that. You should also make reservations for your other two nights at the same time. The $20 allowance is for ships that have other restaurants such as sports bars or Johnny Rockets. You could choose to eat at the same restaurant all three nights or so 2 nights at one, one at another or a different restaurant each time. 

20 minutes ago, southerngirloutwest said:

How much does a 3-night package cost, in general? 

Last March I paid $105.99pp on The Wonder, this March for our upcoming Harmony cruise we are paying $112.99pp.  Keep in mind there is an 18% gratuity added on a time of purchase.

59 minutes ago, southerngirloutwest said:

Thanks! This will help us make our decision!

I forgot to add, since you said you have not been with Royal for a while as a reminder they have dynamic pricing. So the prices I booked at are the lowest I found them, they were higher at times. You just have to keep checking, and if you find a price drop after you book you can always cancel and rebook at the lower price. The current 3 night package on our upcoming Harmony cruise is $131.99. 

8 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

I forgot to add, since you said you have not been with Royal for a while as a reminder they have dynamic pricing. So the prices I booked at are the lowest I found them, they were higher at times. You just have to keep checking, and if you find a price drop after you book you can always cancel and rebook at the lower price. The current 3 night package on our upcoming Harmony cruise is $131.99. 

For our Harmony cruise the price never dropped below $131.99 that I saw (and I was looking).  For two of us including gratuities, it was $311.48. 

• Like 1

Where do you find this 3 night dining package?  I am on Anthem 3/10 - 3/17 and I don't see anything under dining packages. I do see beverage packages. Can they be sold out or not offered?

Thanks in advance!

OK nevermind. Problem solved, lol. It is not on the Royal app but all dining packages are on the Royal website. Strange but that's the answer. For the record, right now the price is $131.99pp.

3 hours ago, lisaost324 said:

OK nevermind. Problem solved, lol. It is not on the Royal app but all dining packages are on the Royal website. Strange but that's the answer. For the record, right now the price is $131.99pp.

Yeah, I'm sailing in just a few days and it's startling how...unhelpful...the app is.  

For our upcoming cruise, only the Ultimate plan is being offered, no 3-night plans, which is a shame because we bought the latter on our cruise in 2020...but the UDP price is just too high.  

Edited by Pellaz
Clarification

On 1/20/2024 at 12:49 PM, southerngirloutwest said:

We're thinking about booking Anthem of the Seas for this summer. We haven't been on RCL in a while and need details about dining package prices. 

How much does a 3-night package cost, in general? 

The cost for Anthem in March is $132.   The options would be Chops, Jamie's Italian, Wonderland or Izumi.

Not sure if Johnny Rockets express would be included in $20 off option, but best value is to use for other restaurants.

And you get 40% off a bottle of wine that costs under $100.

This it what it says for Anthem 3/10-17:

Overview

Experience three of our specialty restaurants and enjoy great savings when you purchase the 3 Night Dining Package for your cruise vacation. A courtesy reservation will be made for Day 1 or 2 of your sailing. Please see Important Details and Advisements for more information.

Highlights

• Enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants.

What's Included

• 3 nights of dining at specialty restaurants.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit, which can only be used once a day.
  • For ships with this venue, Izumi Sushi is a prix fixe menu or $39.99 food credit.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $15 surcharge, and Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

Important details and advisements

• Not valid for premium experiences including: Wine Pairings Dinners, Taste of Royal, Mystery Dinner Theater, Culinary Activities, and Holiday Celebration Dinners.
  • Beverages are not included.
  • Child pricing applies to children between the ages of 6-12. Children ages 0-5 are complimentary. Children must order from the kids menu.
  • A courtesy reservation will be made for the first night of your cruise based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise.
  • All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.

So, for example, you can use it at Chef's Table for an ADDITIONAL fee of $49.99pp over and above what you've already paid for the package. Chef's table alone is listed as $89.99 so basically the package gives you $40 off there. My understanding is that on Anthem there is a Johnny Rockets which falls under the category of $20 food credit once per day. I assume it's $20 plus one of your three selections? If so, why would you even consider that because it's worth $59.99 at Chops. And beverages are not included although if you have a beverage package I guess you can get beverages that way. I'm just feeling like $131.99 might not be worth it for me unless I was dead set on doing three specialty restaurants. 

2 hours ago, firstimer2009 said:

So happy for this question. I bought the 3 day package for Voyager and they only had the 2nd night reservation.  It didn’t let me pick a restaurant.  Do I assume it is at Chops?

Most likely auto picked Chops.   When you board go to one of the specialty restaurants and make your reservations.  You can book all 3 nights for 3 different restaurants at the one place.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, firstimer2009 said:

So happy for this question. I bought the 3 day package for Voyager and they only had the 2nd night reservation.  It didn’t let me pick a restaurant.  Do I assume it is at Chops?

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Most likely auto picked Chops.   When you board go to one of the specialty restaurants and make your reservations.  You can book all 3 nights for 3 different restaurants at the one place.

Just had this happen on Harmony. I made the second night reservation (just picked a time; it never asked me to pick a restaurant). On boarding, we went to Jamie’s and set up our reservations for all three nights. (And though we had one the second night, it was a different time than the one I picked pre-cruise.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, little britain said:
  • Is 150CP included in the 3n dining package please (Oasis)
  • I can see that Izumi Teppanyaki is included with a $15pp surcharge onboard

Yes, 150 CP is included.

• Thanks 1

I will be on Symphony in May and got the 3 night dining for $154.99 w/gratuities included, which is basically $131 plus the 18% but never saw that before and thought it was interesting. 

7 hours ago, Tangibelle said:

I will be on Symphony in May and got the 3 night dining for $154.99 w/gratuities included, which is basically $131 plus the 18% but never saw that before and thought it was interesting. 

Same price as me, and yes adding the grats on at the checkout is new 💰

Am I correct in understanding that you can't book your specific restaurants or nights until you're physically on board?

We bought the 3 meal package for our first cruise next month, and its very unfamiliar to me how it all works.