$1 Deposit - ONE DAY ONLY

2 hours ago, DeltaBreeze said:

I called about this and was told the $1 deposit is only if you get the have it all package.

HIA isn't worth it if you don't drink.

I did two dummy bookings for 

28-Day Coral Triangle, Volcanos & Great Barrier Reef

Sat, January 4 - Sat, February 1 2025

on the Noordam.

The $1pp deposit did indeed only show for the HIA booking. 

The difference in price was about 1600 or so pp. Only you can say if HIA is worth it for you.

• Like 3

In Australia, the $1 deal offer has crashed their site. Just realized that it only applies to select cruises. so it does give the $1 option on a cruise that I like in June 25.  Oh well.

Edited by Aitchgeye
Found updated information on the HAL site.

48 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

Travel Agents Group Rates

Sorry, clueless here.....

got that but what does that mean?

Does that mean that large volume TA's might book the buck deposit if they buy cabins in bulk from HAL? Or does that mean that any TA can book the buck deposit?

(I'm going to ask my large internet TA if they participate in that.....they do not promote it online)

Travel agencies do not actually place deposits on groups that they have .

Just block an allotment of cabin categories for you to book into .

Almost always better rates and amenities  for guests than booking Direct with a cruise line.

Just looked at the site. Prices are nuts right now so I will wait on this. Maybe do something last minute. I'm on NCL Sat. For a change. When I return, I  will let you all know. Ship is big, but entertainment should be great, based on past experiences. We have a standard balcony, no hoopdala there, but I  can't wait. 

• Like 2

Just saw the $1 deposit, one day offer, at the last minute. Called my HAL cruise planner and caught her just as she was getting ready to leave. Booked March 2025 Sydney to Auckland balcony cabin of my choice with all perks available except paid gratuity but, $400 OBC to help cover it. Splurged and put down $25 refundable deposit. Thanks HAL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PROCRUISE said:

Just saw the $1 deposit, one day offer, at the last minute. Called my HAL cruise planner and caught her just as she was getting ready to leave. Booked March 2025 Sydney to Auckland balcony cabin of my choice with all perks available except paid gratuity but, $400 OBC to help cover it. Splurged and put down $25 refundable deposit. Thanks HAL.

@PROCRUISE  New cruiser to HAL here - is there something about the $1pp deposit that makes it not a better way to book rather than a refundable deposit (other than losing $2 if cancelled?). Just trying to understand the rationale for going with a refundable deposit.  I just booked a cruise using the $1 deposit and I specifically/pointedly confirmed with my TA that all I would lose is $2 if I cancelled and he said yes.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, daybrake said:

@PROCRUISE  New cruiser to HAL here - is there something about the $1pp deposit that makes it not a better way to book rather than a refundable deposit (other than losing $2 if cancelled?). Just trying to understand the rationale for going with a refundable deposit.  I just booked a cruise using the $1 deposit and I specifically/pointedly confirmed with my TA that all I would lose is $2 if I cancelled and he said yes.  

When we booked our cruise, the deposit was $5k (but refundable) so massive difference.

17 hours ago, daybrake said:

I booked with the perks and as a refundable deposit.

On 1/16/2024 at 5:46 PM, daybrake said:

That's not totally correct. If you cancel after final payment, during the 1st month after the final payment due date, the penalty as usual is equal to the deposit. But they keep the full standard deposit, not the special deal $1 deposit you paid.

18 minutes ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

That's not totally correct. If you cancel after final payment, during the 1st month after the final payment due date, the penalty as usual is equal to the deposit. But they keep the full standard deposit, not the special deal $1 deposit you paid.

@Cruising Is Bliss   I was referring to cancelling before final payment date.  Yesterday, I spoke to a HAL rep and he said if we did not make the final payment by the FPD -- then the cruise would auto-cancel with only $2 deposit lost.

Edited by daybrake
inadvertently duplicated quoted text
  • Like 1