“LIVE” from the newest Celebrity lady —- Celebrity Ascent — January 21, 2024.

mac_tlc

4 minutes ago, davidblu said:

It seems that Awaken has been canceled this cruise due to technical difficulties. It was very hyped up so I’m a bit disappointed.

Oh boy! Too bad.You'll miss the smoke bubbles!

11 minutes ago, davidblu said:

It seems that Awaken has been canceled this cruise due to technical difficulties. It was very hyped up so I’m a bit disappointed.

Looks like Andrew Derbyshire is coming back for two shows tonight. I hope tomorrow’s production show doesn’t get cancelled. They were a highlight on Beyond and I was looking forward to all three.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

We did go ashore for an hour and a half or so today. Tenders are fun and a good way to get a different view of the ship. 

From shore, she is a beautiful lady:

IMG_5532.jpeg

IMG_5533.jpegAnd pulling alongside on the way back:

IMG_5534.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 7

Just now, mac_tlc said:

We did go ashore for an hour and a half or so today. Tenders are fun and a good way to get a different view of the ship. 

For shore, she is a beautiful lady:

IMG_5532.jpeg

Surprised they are not using the Magic Carpet to tender or does Ascent not have this feature?

Just now, r2h2 said:

Surprised they are not using the Magic Carpet to tender or does Ascent not have this feature?

It does, but for some reason it is not utilized in Grand Cayman. Wasn’t on Beyond last year either. 

mac_tlc

11 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Looks like Andrew Derbyshire is coming back for two shows tonight. I hope tomorrow’s production show doesn’t get cancelled. They were a highlight on Beyond and I was looking forward to all three.

mac_tlc

Yeah, unfortunately wasn’t too fond of his previous performances so I’ll probably skip tonight.

42 minutes ago, davidblu said:

what is Awaken? A show?

do you think it will be back next week?

30 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

From shore, she is a beautiful lady:

IMG_5532.jpeg

IMG_5533.jpegAnd pulling alongside on the way back:

IMG_5534.jpeg

great shots/ perspective...

glad  you went to shore..sometimes seas are rough  or there are too many ships/ port congestion...

30 minutes ago, r2h2 said:

In Grand Cayman they use local tenders.  I was told the magic carpet is only used with Celebrity tenders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

what is Awaken? A show?

do you think it will be back next week?

Yes it is one of the production shows onboard. No idea if it’ll be back up next week, though the technical difficulties sounded rather significant from what we were told.

6 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Hi, Did you happen to notice up there if the Roof Top Grill does gourmet burgers for sea day lunch? 

Some S-class do - I think maybe the Reflection...Delicious, and a great break from other crowded sea day lunch spots. 

Thanks for taking the time to report for us all. 

They had the burger lunch on the Apex on sea days last March but not three months later on the same ship in Scandinavia.  We didn’t know why. Sounds like it may be at the discretion of someone with bars on their shoulder or that wear a tall hat. 🤪

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davidblu said:

Yes it is one of the production shows onboard. No idea if it’ll be back up next week, though the technical difficulties sounded rather significant from what we were told.

guess there will be a few other shows.

we usually prefer them to indiv performers 

I little congestion on the commute this morning, as we round the west end of Cuba.

IMG_5547.png

But a great picture of the moon!

IMG_5546.jpeg

Thankfully the ships are not as close as the first picture might indicate!!!😂😂😂

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 5

Hope your last day on board is enjoyable...We are headed to Dania Beach Fl for our pre cruise hotel later today...abt a 3 hr ride ..including Alligator Alley. First time at a Wyndham hotel.

I appreciated the posting of the Celebrity today.. I saw the nice ASCENT  commemorative  coin, and  now the Effy necklace.  Very nice!  For my last big b day 5 yrs ago on EDGE my husb presented  me with a beautiful dancing diamond.. Maybe somethIng new and sparkly will come mh way on this trip??

thanks to you and others on board for a great preview of ASCENT.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hope your last day on board is enjoyable...We are headed to Dania Beach Fl for our pre cruise hotel later today...abt a 3 hr ride ..including Alligator Alley. First time at a Wyndham hotel.

I appreciated the posting of the Celebrity today.. I saw the nice ASCENT  commemorative  coin, and  now the Effy necklace.  Very nice!  For my last big b day 5 yrs ago on EDGE my husb presented  me with a beautiful dancing diamond.. Maybe somethIng new and sparkly will come mh way on this trip??

thanks to you and others on board for a great preview of ASCENT.

I will endeavor to get some more info on the coins today. There was no one in the photo shop when we passed by. Here is a picture of the coins in the display case

IMG_5528.jpeg
Not sure if the coins shown are the two sides of the same coin but one side has a picture of the brother captains, the other says Ascent Inaugural Voyage and the date.

Edited by mac_tlc

2 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I will endeavor to get some more info on the coins today. There was no one in the photo shop when we passed by. Here is a picture of the coins in the display case

IMG_5528.jpeg
Not sure if the coins shown are the two sides of the same coin but one side has a picture of the broth captains, the other says Ascent Inaugural Voyage and the date.

thanks.. guess we'll pick one with our Capt

@mac_tlc  Thanks for taking us along on the Ascent. Great info and comments made along the way.  We are looking forward to our Ascent cruise on February 11th. 

Looking forward to meeting you on Beyond afterwards. 

Safe travels home!

Cheers! 🍸

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The sea spray can really affect visibility through any glass such as the lower half of your balcony. The bridge windows are probably the most important to keep clean. So how do they clean the outside?

They spray water on the outside of the windows and have windshield wipers! 

As an added bonus, above the bridge is the veranda of the Iconic Suite…

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

We are in a SV on this cruise so I’ll a few comments related to the non suite experience on the Ascent.  
For those of you have had sailed on a E class where the chair was to high to fit under the desk/vanity that has been corrected and the chair fits nicely.

The small round stool that’s top switched to a hard surface is gone.  There is no place to sit a cup or glass except the desk or nightstand.  

We have ate in the MDR on 6 of the 7 nights, service has been excellent.  On night 2 we went to Normandie and had an excellent waiter, assistant waiter and sommelier.  We have returned to Normandie and they have served us every evening.  The food has been 85% excellent, 10% very good and just 1 dish that was a miss.  

I was very concerned by the changes to the wines under $17.  It hasn’t been a issue, we tell our amazing sommlier Windy what we are ordering and she has found some very nice wines with no upcharge, so there more options than those on the by the glass list but not in large supply.  1 we enjoyed on night 2 was gone by night 5.  

We have sailed exclusively in suites since the restart and booked this as an unplanned (unbudgeted)  cruise.  We downgraded our upcoming TP from a Suite to a SV as with the changes we didn’t feel the suite price was worth it.

We are now looking forward to our TP in a SV.  
Another comment- for those who like movies there are 21free on demand movies available.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

We are in a SV on this cruise so I’ll a few comments related to the non suite experience on the Ascent.  
For those of you have had sailed on a E class where the chair was to high to fit under the desk/vanity that has been corrected and the chair fits nicely.

The small round stool that’s top switched to a hard surface is gone.  There is no place to sit a cup or glass except the desk or nightstand.  

We have ate in the MDR on 6 of the 7 nights, service has been excellent.  On night 2 we went to Normandie and had an excellent waiter, assistant waiter and sommelier.  We have returned to Normandie and they have served us every evening.  The food has been 85% excellent, 10% very good and just 1 dish that was a miss.  

I was very concerned by the changes to the wines under $17.  It hasn’t been a issue, we tell our amazing sommlier Windy what we are ordering and she has found some very nice wines with no upcharge, so there more options than those on the by the glass list but not in large supply.  1 we enjoyed on night 2 was gone by night 5.  

We have sailed exclusively in suites since the restart and booked this as an unplanned (unbudgeted)  cruise.  We downgraded our upcoming TP from a Suite to a SV as with the changes we didn’t feel the suite price was worth it.

We are now looking forward to our TP in a SV.  
Another comment- for those who like movies there are 21free on demand movies available.

Thank you for adding this. Always nice to get various views! 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

Thank you Mac_tlc for sharing your journey with us and menus. We leave in t-12 days (aka 12 sleeps) but who’s counting and your journey got me even more excited. We were on the Beyond in a Sunset SS and this time we are trying the MC suite. More to come from our journey mid Feb ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1