Big groups on cruises

BoopTennis

Is there a way to find out in advance if there is a very large group scheduled on a cruise? 
i recently heard about a cruise that had a huge group (dozens or more) that were overtaking the pool and even the MUTS schedule 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BoopTennis said:

Is there a way to find out in advance if there is a very large group scheduled on a cruise? 
i recently heard about a cruise that had a huge group (dozens or more) that were overtaking the pool and even the MUTS schedule 

Short of asking Princess or doing a lot of searching of the Internet the answer is probably not.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

Princess will not tell you.....but Dr Google is a decent way to do some quick looking. Ship name and dates usually  work.

10/26/24 - 7 day - SUN Princess ??

• Like 1

Basically have to search ship and sailing date yourself. Personally part of a large group 800+ on Sky in a few weeks - called to find out how full the ship might be and the agent either played dumb or actually didn't know about our group when pressed about any groups being onboard.  Multiple sailings over the years we've had our group AND a smaller group onboard at the same time - Felt really bad for those who weren't part of either group and didn't know about us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Basically have to search ship and sailing date yourself. Personally part of a large group 800+ on Sky in a few weeks - called to find out how full the ship might be and the agent either played dumb or actually didn't know about our group when pressed about any groups being onboard.  Multiple sailings over the years we've had our group AND a smaller group onboard at the same time - Felt really bad for those who weren't part of either group and didn't know about us. 

What’s with the Sky? There is a huge group on there this week!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BoopTennis said:

It's the 2024 Sky Princess Polka Cruise. 😄

609a88_06821a7a1e164b5090883d4b0055491d~

download.jpg.6b5afe66f3cdd4b666e7a93c8a73cd0a.jpg

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, BoopTennis said:

Must have given the best group rate - Just did a search and the Polka Group is on Sky again Jan 12-19th 2025 as well. At least according to some websites.   

3 hours ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Which week is your group on the Sky?

Inquiring minds want to know....😁

There are a number of sites one can check such as:

https://*****/

https://www.concertsatsea.com/

https://atlantisevents.com/

https://www.bearcruises.com/about-cbc

I just took a quick look at that last listing and noticed these two that have, at times, been noted for taking over the entire pool deck and somewhat over the top PDA behavior.

Chumley's Bears

Enchanted Princess

August 24 - 31, 2024

Chumley's Bears

Sun Princess

October 26 - November 2, 2024

Some sites are "specific interest" sites. There are also Quilting Cruises, Polka Cruises, Red Hat Cruises, etc. How big the group is and what activities they plan can have a big effect on your cruise. Groups that completely take over venues such as the pool deck or one of the main bars/lounges so that others can't use them have the greatest impact.

The best way to find out if your cruise will be impacted is to research the ship and sailing dates online and hope for the best.

• Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, BoopTennis said:

And just curious, what sort of group is on the Feb 3 cruise? I am not on that cruise, i was just curious about the various types of groups 

Andy Cooney Cruise of Irish Stars - has a website - multiple Irish bands 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

It's the 2024 Sky Princess Polka Cruise. 😄

609a88_06821a7a1e164b5090883d4b0055491d~

download.jpg.6b5afe66f3cdd4b666e7a93c8a73cd0a.jpg

So the second biggest shout out after "Bring on Lawrence Welk and his band" will be "Man OverBoard"😀

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

There are a number of sites one can check such as:

https://*****/

https://www.concertsatsea.com/

https://atlantisevents.com/

https://www.bearcruises.com/about-cbc

I just took a quick look at that last listing and noticed these two that have, at times, been noted for taking over the entire pool deck and somewhat over the top PDA behavior.

Chumley's Bears

Enchanted Princess

August 24 - 31, 2024

Chumley's Bears

Sun Princess

October 26 - November 2, 2024

Some sites are "specific interest" sites. There are also Quilting Cruises, Polka Cruises, Red Hat Cruises, etc. How big the group is and what activities they plan can have a big effect on your cruise. Groups that completely take over venues such as the pool deck or one of the main bars/lounges so that others can't use them have the greatest impact.

The best way to find out if your cruise will be impacted is to research the ship and sailing dates online and hope for the best.

Not sure why you would check Atlantis Events, unless you wanted an all gay cruise.  You won’t “accidentally” book a vacation and find out it is an Atlantis gay cruise.  Atlantis charters the entire ship.

• Like 1

Yesterday I posted a link to themed cruises, which includes hobbies, music, gardening, faith as well as lifestyle choices. CC blocked it.  Do a search using the words, themed cruise finder.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 6:02 AM, Abercrombie2019 said:

Not sure why you would check Atlantis Events, unless you wanted an all gay cruise.  You won’t “accidentally” book a vacation and find out it is an Atlantis gay cruise.  Atlantis charters the entire ship.

Good point. No idea why that one was in my list of bookmarks. Time to do some cleanup. I have no issues with gay cruises (or gay cruiser) but definitely have no interest in booking a gay cruise. I wouldn't fit in at all.

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

Good point. No idea why that one was in my list of bookmarks. Time to do some cleanup. I have no issues with gay cruises (or gay cruiser) but definitely have no interest in booking a gay cruise. I wouldn't fit in at all.

We've hit one of those cruises before & they usually take over the aft pool preventing most people from enjoying the area. It's just not our style of cruising & prefer to avoid them at all costs.