Sojourn summer 2025 cruises cancelled

Hlitner

Just received a call, from our cruise agent, that our July 12, 2025, fifty-two day Soujourn cruise (Dover to Montreal) has been cancelled for "operational reasons."  We have not yet received info from Seabourn (that should be coming within a day) but it has me wondering if SB has sold one of the smaller ships and revamping itineraries.

Hank

• Hlitner changed the title to Sojourn summer 2025 cruises cancelled
1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Just received a call, from our cruise agent, that our July 12, 2025, fifty-two day Soujourn cruise (Dover to Montreal) has been cancelled for "operational reasons."  We have not yet received info from Seabourn (that should be coming within a day) but it has me wondering if SB has sold one of the smaller ships and revamping itineraries.

Hank

I just saw this mentioned in a Seabourn Facebook group.  I came immediately here to see what was happening.  We are sailing on Sojourn in July/August 2024, so it doesn't affect us--but it made me a bit nervous. 

6 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I just saw this mentioned in a Seabourn Facebook group.  I came immediately here to see what was happening.  We are sailing on Sojourn in July/August 2024, so it doesn't affect us--but it made me a bit nervous. 

We have absolutely no details as our cruise agent just heard, today, and does not have the full story.  I am not sure how many Soujourn cruises are cancelled (we had back to back to back) but these are all cruises that were slated to embark from Dover on various northern Europe itineraries with an eventual crossing, through Greenland and Iceland, to Montreal.  Apparently, SB is offering a full refund or some kind of option with a slight discount off another new booking.  The good news is that they have certainly given plenty of notice (well over a year).

Hank

I have an update on the Soujourn cancellations, based on an e-mail from SB to our agent.  All the Soujourn cruises from July 12,2025 - Sept 14-2025 are cancelled in this message.  The only explanation offered is "due to operational considerations."   I guess we can all speculate as to the cause.

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

I have an update on the Soujourn cancellations, based on an e-mail from SB to our agent.  All the Soujourn cruises from July 12,2025 - Sept 14-2025 are cancelled in this message.  The only explanation offered is "due to operational considerations."   I guess we can all speculate as to the cause.

Hank

I corresponded with our travel agent this evening.  She says that Seabourn has decided to pull out of Dover starting in 2025.  That's all she knew.  

34 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I corresponded with our travel agent this evening.  She says that Seabourn has decided to pull out of Dover starting in 2025.  That's all she knew.  

So bummed my July 12th cruise is cancelled.  MY TA was told by her seabourn rep that the ship is chartered 

we are thinking of a June Norway cruise and it’s rt Dover 

Nancy

Edited by nancygp

48 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

Silversea cancelled entire Norway season summer think  2025? Some new regulations in Norway, but that doesn’t explain the Mediterranean cancellation.

Some of the new regulations in Norway were in place last summer as well, but perhaps there are additional new regulations?  We are on a SB itinerary going (back) to Norwas this summer (2024).  

5 hours ago, Isr45 said:

Just received an email re November 25 Seabourn Ovation transatlantic crossing to Barbados has been changed to San Juan due to “deployment changes”

As a west coast resident I'd much prefer the ship meet me in San Juan if not Miami, flights into and out of Barbados and even St. Martin are not easy.  Seabourn probably feels the 7 day cruises appeal to younger demographic but I'd rather have the extra sea days with a 12-14 day Miami round trip.

• Like 1

Regarding the cancellations in June 2025 - we're scheduled to be on only the Route of the Vikings segment, and that appears to be fine. Seems they're only canceling the center section of the longer cruise. And that would fit with @nancygp's comment regarding a charter.

Herb

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2024 at 3:04 PM, Hlitner said:

it has me wondering if SB has sold one of the smaller ships and revamping itineraries.

Hank, the Sojourn cruises in September and beyond in Canada and the US are still intact. And the Sojourn is still planned for the January-May 2026 Pacific world cruise. And the Quest is still scheduled to be sailing Alaska throughout the summer of 2025. So I don't think they've sold another ship.

It could be due to a charter, but charters are generally for a week or two, not two months. Or possibly it's a major dry dock, although those are usually planned and built into the calendar before a cruise schedule is released for booking. I think it's more likely that they are revamping itineraries to avoid the middle east and possibly the Suez Canal. Why that would impact the Sojourn in the North Atlantic isn't clear yet, but it may become clearer as part of where each of the ships will be positioned throughout 2025. Waiting for the dust to settle…

• Like 1

Not to mention Panama Canal is becoming marginal too (drought and low water levels in Lake Gatun) unless something changes there.  Cruise ships booked far in advance and have paid up to get near the front of the line, but as they make new reservations that's going to get dicey too.  Really going to impact seasonal relocations.

20 hours ago, nancygp said:

So bummed my July 12th cruise is cancelled.  MY TA was told by her seabourn rep that the ship is chartered 

we are thinking of a June Norway cruise and it’s rt Dover 

Nancy

Hi Nancy, 

we are on the June 14, '25 cruise and so far have not heard of any cancellations.  Actually, the excursions started to show up.  Right now it's in the special that runs to the end of January.  I've waited to do this itinerary for 4  years...twice cancelled by covid and then once when Russia invaded Ukraine (we were on with a Baltic extension).  Some of the ports have changed but I'm still excited for it.  Hope to see you onboard.

Margaret

5 minutes ago, hoosier74 said:

Hi Nancy, 

we are on the June 14, '25 cruise and so far have not heard of any cancellations.  Actually, the excursions started to show up.  Right now it's in the special that runs to the end of January.  I've waited to do this itinerary for 4  years...twice cancelled by covid and then once when Russia invaded Ukraine (we were on with a Baltic extension).  Some of the ports have changed but I'm still excited for it.  Hope to see you onboard.

Margaret

Hi Margaret.

the June 14th Norway cruises isn’t cancelled.  My July 12th is cancelled and we moved the booking to this one.  It will be our 4th time cruising Norway.  Hope to see you onboard.

You’re in for a real treat.

Nancy

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 2

Just received an email re November 25 Seabourn Ovation transatlantic crossing to Barbados has been changed to San Juan due to “deployment changes”

Is this the Barcelona to Barbados crossing in 2024?

we are booked on it, but haven’t heard anything yet.  Personally, I’d rather end in Puerto Rico.  I’ve heard that Barbados airport is a nightmare.

Just got an update from my TA.  THE ONLY cruise that is cancelled is the July 26th british isles cruise as it’s a charter.  I’m back on the July 12th Norway cruise!

nancy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

Just got an update from my TA.  THE ONLY cruise that is cancelled is the July 26th british isles cruise as it’s a charter.  I’m back on the July 12th Norway cruise!

nancy

Interesting as SB has not been very clear.  We had booked 52 days beginning July 12, so it all fits.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JodiandFrank said:

Is this the Barcelona to Barbados crossing in 2024?

we are booked on it, but haven’t heard anything yet.  Personally, I’d rather end in Puerto Rico.  I’ve heard that Barbados airport is a nightmare.

No - it is the 2025 

4 hours ago, nancygp said:

nancy

That is good news Nancy--but what chaotic information coming from Seabourn!  

27 minutes ago, SLSD said:

That is good news Nancy--but what chaotic information coming from Seabourn!  

Thanks Susan, very good news but seabourn hq needs to get their act together!

Nancy

Some of the confusing (even with our trusty cruise agent) was because of how SB worded their e-mail.  They specifically cancelled an entire series of voyages that began on July 12, thus making it seem like every voyage from July 12 through late August was cancelled.  But it appears that they were only dealing with all kinds of combinations of back to backs with that July 26 (fourteen day cruise) as part of the mix.  The idea of chartering for 14 days makes a lot of sense, but that screwed up all kinds of combinations that included that single 14 day voyage.  Our cruise agent will have a chat with SB and try to formally unravel the mystery.  

Nowhere in SB's e-mail did it simply say they were only cancelling only the July 26 voyage.  Assuming that SB confirms all this, it makes a lot more sense :).

Hank