Mumbling about Marina

ORV

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

As you might imagine, I've seen many sheep being sheared, in fact I may have even done a few myself.  I prefer excursions that don't replicate my work at home 😉

Haha,  Us too we have a couple dozen sheep.   However that tour appeared to be very popular during our cruise with 3 or 4 busloads(of people not sheep 🙂 )...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, shepherd really said:

No tour today in Punta Arenas, I did walk around for a couple of hours.  It's a bit tired looking and didn't have attractions I found of interest.  

That's where we got the ship after our land excursion through Patagonia. I seem to remember having a decent lunch but that's about it.

Looks like we are going to have driveby's of Joinville Island and Elephant Island in addition to the published Antarctica itinerary.  If so, perhaps it is by special request of someone special, who can make such requests. 😇, I'll keep everyone posted.

We should be passing the Antarctic convergence zone in a few hours, halfway across the Drake with just minor rocking in 10-12 foot seas.  It's a beautiful day with blue skys and Albtrosses accompanying Marina.  Should be in the Antarctic Penninsular by 10:00am tommorow ship time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, shepherd really said:

I'm actually impressed by the internet on the Marina in Drakes Passage, my apologies for the positivity.

Us also. A total Drake Lake down and back.

31 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Almost at Paradise Harbor, we got below 64 degrees 55 minutes South through the Lamaire Channel and are now on a heading of 33 degrees in the Gerlache Strait

On our expedition cruise we and plenty of others wore shorts and tees when on the ship.

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

Almost at Paradise Harbor, we got below 64 degrees 55 minutes South through the Lamaire Channel and are now on a heading of 33 degrees in the Gerlache Strait

Be sure to do the Polar Plunge when you get below 60 degrees. So much fun. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SophieM said:

Be sure to do the Polar Plunge when you get below 60 degrees. So much fun. 

I had no idea that O and other ships that size could allow passenger off! But I guess it depends on how far from shore they are?

45 minutes ago, clo said:

I had no idea that O and other ships that size could allow passenger off! But I guess it depends on how far from shore they are?

In the swimming pool, clo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SophieM said:

In the swimming pool, clo. 

That is hilarious!!!!!! Here were two guys from our ship. We were told the water was close to freezing.

sillymen.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, clo said:

On our expedition cruise we and plenty of others wore shorts and tees when on the ship.

Yeah, that's a pretty big temperature swing there. 🙄

Did they stock any A & W Rootbeer for your cruise SR?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yeah, that's a pretty big temperature swing there. 🙄

Did they stock any A & W Rootbeer for your cruise SR?

Temp on the ships was 50ish - outside. Shorts weather for some of us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Congratulations, it’s a great cruise. May be because of the VIP person onboard you are following the great itinerary even with some extras as well. Definitely, you are enjoying this cruise. That said, if I remember correctly it was the earlier post on this board that stated that Antarctica part was eliminated completely from their itinerary on the similar cruise. It seems that you got very lucky. Hopefully, you’ll get a smooth sailing back to the South America.

I’m enjoying your posts. It reminds me about our cruise to Antarctica some years ago.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, osandomir said:

Congratulations, it’s a great cruise. May be because of the VIP person onboard you are following the great itinerary even with some extras as well. Definitely, you are enjoying this cruise. That said, if I remember correctly it was the earlier post on this board that stated that Antarctica part was eliminated completely from their itinerary on the similar cruise. It seems that you got very lucky. Hopefully, you’ll get a smooth sailing back to the South America.

I’m enjoying your posts. It reminds me about our cruise to Antarctica some years ago.

I believe it was not an Oceania cruise but a NCL Star cruise .....

• Like 1