Documents

pensh

A US passport by itself is always enough to board any US based closed loop cruise.  A drivers license along with a passport is not necessary.  Typically, a valid picture ID and a birth certificate will suffice in lieu of a passport.

Your travel agent or the cruise line directly would be able to confirm as well.

2 hours ago, pensh said:

I haven’t cruised for awhile. Whar  documents do I need for a cruise to the Bahamas? Is a U.S. passport and a drivers license sufficient?

i think y9u can google the US State Department and get the information. OR google entry requirements for Bermuda ( along with your nationality).  That should answer your question.

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

i think y9u can google the US State Department and get the information. OR google entry requirements for Bermuda ( along with your nationality).  That should answer your question.

Using a search engine will not always give you the correct answer because requirements for cruises are often different than requirements for visitors arriving by air and answers found on the internet are typically based based on air passenger requirements. Even the US Department of State does not consistently have the correct answer for cruisers on its website.

BTW...the OP is going to the Bahamas, not Bermuda.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pensh said:

I haven’t cruised for awhile. Whar  documents do I need for a cruise to the Bahamas? Is a U.S. passport and a drivers license sufficient?

A valid US passport is all you need. The divers license isn't needed, but it is a convenient photo ID to take ashore so you can leave your passport in you cabin safe.

13 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

The OP implies by asking if it is sufficient for entry that they have a US passport, so none of this would be required as a US passport is all that is needed - as previously mentioned - to board any US based closed loop itinerary.  I assume from this as well that they are US citizens.  And as also pointed out by @njhorseman the port of entry is the Bahamas, not Bermuda.

It would be nice, however, if the OP would respond to acknowledge these answers and confirm this information. 

Thanks so much for all your reply’s. This cruise leaves from Port Canaveral and returns to Port Canaveral.  I am a U.S citizen and I have a valid passport. I just wanted to make sure this is all I needed. Thank again,,

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pensh said:

Thanks so much for all your reply’s. This cruise leaves from Port Canaveral and returns to Port Canaveral.  I am a U.S citizen and I have a valid passport. I just wanted to make sure this is all I needed. Thank again,,

That is all you would ever need on a US based closed loop itinerary 

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I learned over the last 20 years that a passport is a very expensive investment.  This because it opens the whole world to exploration by any citizen with the time and/or money.  No other form of identification is required unless it would be a Visa to visit the destination.

Anymore, when I bring up a destination I get a question from the chief domestic with whom I live.  What Question?

Does this trip include a rudder?

Oh, and the answer best be 'Yes' if I want to succeed.

Edited by thinfool
  • Haha 1

If the cruise involves a stop at the French West Indies, including Martinique, then a US passport book is required due to "French immigration laws". You have to carry it while visiting that island, and a US password card is not acceptable

In my viewpoint, a United States Passport is a "super identification" as it serves both as a form of government-issued identification as well as proof of citizenship. If you don't have a "Real ID" compliant drivers license, this is an allowed substitute.