Crown & Anchor cabin discounts?

So Crown & Anchor keeps telling me about the cabin discounts I will get across each status level.

I have booked cruises on each status level up to diamond, and have yet to get any special pricing as a diamond member.

When I asked, I was told that the online offers are better than the discount I would receive as a diamond member, however this is when I book as a first time cruiser, or log into my account indicating diamond status.

So whats the point really? to get 4 free drinks a day. Big Deal.

Really looking forward to my next cruise next month ON A DIFFERENT CRUISE LINE, where hopefully loyalty will actually be rewarded.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DT1304 said:

So Crown & Anchor keeps telling me about the cabin discounts I will get across each status level.

I have booked cruises on each status level up to diamond, and have yet to get any special pricing as a diamond member.

When I asked, I was told that the online offers are better than the discount I would receive as a diamond member, however this is when I book as a first time cruiser, or log into my account indicating diamond status.

Really looking forward to my next cruise next month ON A DIFFERENT CRUISE LINE, where hopefully loyalty will actually be rewarded.

Enjoy the change of scenery. 
It is common k owl edge in the industry that Royal’s loyalty program is the best in town. 

4 drinks a day for a couple is an $800 value ($1000 for my wife and I at D+)

I’m good with that 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DT1304 said:

It's a balcony discount so foesnt apply to insides or oceanviews.  

Suites yjere is nearly always an instant savings or bonus obc offer thst is more than the balcony discount.

I have received a balcony discount on every single cruise I have taken as Diamond and D+

I always select balcony and it made no difference.

Cruise leaving today from brisbane on Quantum, and I specifically asked when booking about the diamond discount but was told that the online offer is a greater discount than the discount for diamond members.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DT1304 said:

I always select balcony and it made no difference.

Cruise leaving today from brisbane on Quantum, and I specifically asked when booking about the diamond discount but was told that the online offer is a greater discount than the discount for diamond members.

That is sometimes the case big I have received the balcony discount often. As someone else posted Royal Caribbean  is known to have the best loyalty program. I have cruised a bunch of lines and have not found one better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Enjoy the change of scenery. 
It is common k owl edge in the industry that Royal’s loyalty program is the best in town. 

4 drinks a day for a couple is an $800 value ($1000 for my wife and I at D+)

I’m good with that 

On a 10 day cruise….? That’s a stretch. 

• Like 1

I’m newly diamond and was wondering the same. Quoting out a trip for next January and no difference booking a balcony if I use my c&a number or not! 

we have another sailing coming up in April (haven’t hit final payment yet). I called and they told me they would credit $275 for the diamond discount and then emailed me after saying I would have to refare to add it so it’s better to not do it. Very confusing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amby6063 said:

I’m newly diamond and was wondering the same. Quoting out a trip for next January and no difference booking a balcony if I use my c&a number or not! 

we have another sailing coming up in April (haven’t hit final payment yet). I called and they told me they would credit $275 for the diamond discount and then emailed me after saying I would have to refare to add it so it’s better to not do it. Very confusing. 

A lot of time whatever bogus sale they are running is not combinable with the balcony discount, so you pay whichever is cheaper. 

If you book a group rate with a TA for example, the pricing is more straightforward, so you will always get the balcony discount.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kruzerci said:

On a 10 day cruise….? That’s a stretch. 

$14 x 10 = $140 per day (for 2 D+)

$140 x 10 = $1400 for 10 day cruise

$1400 x 1.18 = $1652 (18% tip per drink if purchased)

Not close to a stretch. The previous poster actually understated the value of this perk for a 10 day cruise. Of course the poster was looking at the perk value on a 7 day cruise. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, amby6063 said:

Try logging in to C&A and then go through the booking process. Your C&A number will autofill and you might see the discount after that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amby6063 said:

You need to have the discount added at time of booking. After that you can be screwed. I use a TA and when I get a quote I make sure she got the discount. I don’t book direct but if the online quote did not show the discount I would call. 

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

You need to have the discount added at time of booking. After that you can be screwed. I use a TA and when I get a quote I make sure she got the discount. I don’t book direct but if the online quote did not show the discount I would call. 

That’s too bad it can’t be added after! We got a pretty great deal though so I’m not too too concerned. Good to know moving forward, although that diamond+ marker is a long way away!