Elite cocktail lounge changes ?

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

What RCL ships where  you on that were old?

Why don't you like the new ships?

We all have choices. 

We only cruise the Freedom class, Voyager class and Radiance class ships. We have always enjoyed the DLs now CLs on those class ships and everything associated with them. Wish Celebrity would have a dedicated lounge for Elite and above.

16 hours ago, kwokpot said:

If you read the title of the OTHER drink card posted it reads 'Elite Cocktail Lounge' which is the name of the newly created twice-a-cruise event. This is DIFFERENT from the Elite Cocktail Hour Menu pictured above which is STILL the name of the two hour event. My sense is for this new subset of the Elite Happy Hour they created a DIFFERENT and more limited drink menu. The above drink menu is still available in all the other bars, just not the new sectioned off lounge. Does it make sense, no but lots of things that Celebrity implements doesn't make sense either.  

Sorry but you’re wrong there. Although the elite cocktail hour menu is shown in the lounge you can still ask for the drinks on the old menu and they will bring them, no charge. You can also go to most of the other bars and get the old menu. The only difference we’ve seen is that they usually scan your card but no charge. I agree it’s typical of Celebrity nonsense! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lovescarborough said:

Sorry but you’re wrong there. Although the elite cocktail hour menu is shown in the lounge you can still ask for the drinks on the old menu and they will bring them, no charge. You can also go to most of the other bars and get the old menu. The only difference we’ve seen is that they usually scan your card but no charge. I agree it’s typical of Celebrity nonsense! 

I guess then the question is why was that particular limited drink menu printed and given out to someone? 

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

We cruise both and in fact we are on the Symphony OTS in Feb and Beyond in July.

Diamond+ and Elite+. We like the RCI Crown Lounge which is open all day, the 5 drinks per day at any bar, MDR and Specialty Restaurants. 

Celebrity has really changed the HH and more.

We like the Central Park Balcony and it is very reasonable compare to X.

Well at least we all have choices which is great. 

Happy Cruising!

Hi,

Totally agree with you!!

Having our 5 free drinks (Diamond plus) ANYWHERE and

ANYTIME is a big plus for us. We LOVE having a free slushy

drink by the pool on hot sea days. Most types are included

(ie yummy mudslides).  At first we thought BIG RCL ships

would be hectic. However, the ICE shows are outstanding,

The water shows are PHENOMENAL. Lots to see, lots to

do. We were just on Symphony of the seas. GREAT ship,

Great price- What's not to LOVE!! The Diamond club with its tables of hot/cold food was also the same on these larger ships.

The service and food was just as good as Celebrity. I you want

better service or food go on Holland America  (which we have) but........(____). We still go on Celebrity but ONLY  

because of the itinerary.  Prefer RCL but......

Bill

• Thanks 1

We are on the Symphony OTS in Feb Central Park Balcony 14 nights $3,480 total for 2 people. Beyond in July Ocean view 14 nights $4,509 total for 2 people. That is $1,059 more for X than RCI. With perks, RCI comes out better, too.

JMHO!

36 minutes ago, Oxo said:

We are on the Symphony OTS in Feb Central Park Balcony 14 nights $3,480 total for 2 people. Beyond in July Ocean view 14 nights $4,509 total for 2 people. That is $1,059 more for X than RCI. With perks, RCI comes out better, too.

JMHO!

We on the Equinox, 12 night , in a balcony over looking the water $1235  for 2 including taxes and port fees 

With Elite perks 

It appears to be a better price and it isn’t RCL 😉🤣

2 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We on the Equinox, 12 night , in a balcony over looking the water $1235  for 2 including taxes and port fees 

With Elite perks 

What date on Equinox? I would like to check that out.

Edited by Oxo

24 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

With Elite perks 

Always the better choice...at least for us...

Just off the Silhouette last week and had a few fun Elite events, one being a cocktail party in the Sky lounge wherein the house band played both warmup tunes and then "theme tunes" for each of the 4 specialty cocktails the bartenders demonstrated and then served us: a manhattan, a mai tai, a fruity something with prosecco, and the one we can't remember, lol... And then the band played another 4 songs or so. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

With Elite perks 

It’s a TA, so perhaps needs comparing to an RCL TA. Still a good price though 👍. The Greek Islands itineraries for the next few months on Infinity were also heavily discounted because of the redeployment from Israel, and those don’t have the continuous sea days like you get on a TA.

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

With Elite perks 

SS_20240125_164837.thumb.jpg.65f572f35563565b8ad2f1c3bab065dd.jpgSS_20240125_164506.thumb.jpg.c949edbd0a528be095a256ed2654fc81.jpg

I think Celebrity has to take a long look at the CC benefits pkg for Elite and above. Laundry is nice, and I do use that one, but I can't really see why they continue to have the 3 drinks that you get only during the HH, and only from a limited list. Why can't I have a colada instead of a screwdriver? And why only within a 2 hour period, at a particular bar? Why can't they load the drinks on our card and allow us to have them any time of day, and any drink except the high priced stuff, like their own RCI cruiseline does for Diamond? We cruised Explorer OTS last year and I enjoyed that way of doing it. I can see myself cruising RC more often, since we are no longer drinking enough to make the high priced drink pkg worthwhile. BTW, the ice show was fantastic, as was the skating. We are both 70+.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

$1666 is in CAD 

Are you happy now , that Celebrity prices can be cheap than RCL 

Have fun in Caribbean 

IMG_6786.thumb.jpeg.adea33d0cdee27933fd91cde46402495.jpeg

You got a great deal. Now we both have great deals.

Happy Cruising! 

22 minutes ago, frteach said:

I think Celebrity has to take a long look at the CC benefits pkg for Elite and above. Laundry is nice, and I do use that one, but I can't really see why they continue to have the 3 drinks that you get only during the HH, and only from a limited list. Why can't I have a colada instead of a screwdriver? And why only within a 2 hour period, at a particular bar? Why can't they load the drinks on our card and allow us to have them any time of day, and any drink except the high priced stuff, like their own RCI cruiseline does for Diamond? We cruised Explorer OTS last year and I enjoyed that way of doing it. I can see myself cruising RC more often, since we are no longer drinking enough to make the high priced drink pkg worthwhile. BTW, the ice show was fantastic, as was the skating. We are both 70+.

Some of your statements are incorrect. The Celebrity Elite happy hour is available at all bars except for a handful and the restaurants. 

45 minutes ago, frteach said:

It is unlimited drinks why would you think only 3 drinks 🤔

maybe you should write a letter to HO and tell them how they should be running the Captain Clubs benefits , because complaining here will not change anything 

18 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I guess then the question is why was that particular limited drink menu printed and given out to someone? 

The limited menu card is on all the tables when the elite events are taking place in sky lounge. The other bars on the ship will show you the old list of drinks. Just to further add to the confusion at the captains cocktail party event last night they put out menus printed for the cocktail party with the new reduced list and refused to serve anything off the old menu ! We left and went to the Ensemble lounge where they served what we wanted. You couldn’t make this stuff up 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, lovescarborough said:

The limited menu card is on all the tables when the elite events are taking place in sky lounge. The other bars on the ship will show you the old list of drinks. Just to further add to the confusion at the captains cocktail party event last night they put out menus printed for the cocktail party with the new reduced list and refused to serve anything off the old menu ! We left and went to the Ensemble lounge where they served what we wanted. You couldn’t make this stuff up 😂 

That reenforces what my original supposition was regarding the different Elite drink lists.  On my way Ascent cruise I never went to the special Elite drinks lounge so I never observed the reduced drinks menu.

Ex-Airbalancer, I think we are talking about different Elite perks. To my understanding, Elite gets 3 free drinks during the HH from 5-7, chosen from a list, and I guess these are available from any bar. This is not to be confused with the Elite cocktail parties, which are unlimited drinks from a list, and also have hors d'oeuvres. It is not always convenient for us to attend these events, but we usually use the HH perks. We will never drink 3 each in the 2 hour period, however. We can take a glass of wine into the MDR. I haven't cruised Celebrity since 2022, and things could have changed. Last time we cruised it was with AI so we weren't bothered about drinks. This will be my first time trying to work with the Elite perks only. Maybe someone who has cruised more recently can tell me if it is different now. I love Celebrity and am happy to be Elite, I was just opining that the RC way of letting you use your perk anytime seems more convenient for us.

6 minutes ago, frteach said:

Ex-Airbalancer, I think we are talking about different Elite perks. To my understanding, Elite gets 3 free drinks during the HH from 5-7, chosen from a list, and I guess these are available from any bar. This is not to be confused with the Elite cocktail parties, which are unlimited drinks from a list, and also have hors d'oeuvres. It is not always convenient for us to attend these events, but we usually use the HH perks. We will never drink 3 each in the 2 hour period, however. We can take a glass of wine into the MDR. I haven't cruised Celebrity since 2022, and things could have changed. Last time we cruised it was with AI so we weren't bothered about drinks. This will be my first time trying to work with the Elite perks only. Maybe someone who has cruised more recently can tell me if it is different now. I love Celebrity and am happy to be Elite, I was just opining that the RC way of letting you use your perk anytime seems more convenient for us.

frteach: That's not correct. The Celebrity Elite Happy hour is unlimited drinks from a selected menu from 5-7 at most bars except for a couple and not from any restaurant. It hasn't been limited to three drinks for years and years, definitely since before covid. Edit: It was unlimited drinks when you last sailed Celebrity in 2022. 

Edited by kwokpot

11 minutes ago, frteach said:

I believe it is unlimited also at the bars for HH , as people are also picking up unopened water and  pop to take to their cabins 

we haven’t used the drink benefit since 2017 , and coupons were used

Our next cruise is in November, and plan to use the HH drinks , but by November it could be change 😁

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I believe it is unlimited also at the bars for HH , as people are also picking up unopened water and  pop to take to their cabins 

we haven’t used the drink benefit since 2017 , and it was coupons back than 

Our next cruise is in November, and plan to use the HH drinks , but by than it could change 😁

Don't worry, it's unlimited drinks during 5-7.