On the Mardi Gras now January 20-27th, 2024!!

TeresaJ

Departed a little after 9pm Saturday due to a fuel delay. Very strange to leave the port at that time of day. Not used to that. It is me, my husband and his sister and her husband. We are all in our 50s. It is our 14th cruise and their first. We love traveling together as couples. We get along well and have so many good laughs together. They finally decided to join us on a cruise and they are really enjoying it.

We are loving the ship. Excellent dining and bars. Weather could be better but can't control that. Seas have been choppy and it's been so windy. Gusty winds today. Today was warm and sunny but windy!

We have a balcony on deck 12 and they have an inside cabin on the same deck  Honestly we're hardly in our room that an inside cabin is usually fine for us but we booked this awhile back when Carnival was offering so many deals to get on their ships after covid.

We've had 2 days at sea and now tomorrow we are in San Juan, then Amber Cove, and Grand Turk. No big plans in any of the ports.

Any questions,  let me know. I have saved the Fun Times.

• Like 8

Hope you like the Mardi Gras as much as we did.  Be sure to try Emeril’s, Street Eats, and Shaq’s Big Chicken.  And don’t forget daily gelatos at lunch in the buffet area.  We loved Bar Della Rosa and getting our morning cappuccino fix there.   

• Like 1

Aloha. Looking forward to your reports.  We have been blessed to sail Carnival for decades and while not with Carnival we have sailed with departures very late at night. Something eerie about that but nonetheless enjoyable and special. Have a wonderful voyage!

LOVE the Mardi Gras! Have sailed on her twice and going again in March. Would love it if you could share the Fun Times later just to see what may have changed.

• Like 2

We'll be onboard in April so following along. No specific questions yet. I just read a comparison between Mardi Gras and Anthem of the Seas (which we've been on) and Mardi Gras is very comparable so I can't wait to be onboard. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 6:41 PM, Travelling2Some said:

Thanks for your report.  We are boarding on February 10th, so will be following along.

We are also boarding this sailing on Feb 10th, won't be long now!!!

On 1/23/2024 at 10:20 AM, sparks1093 said:

We'll be onboard in April so following along. No specific questions yet. I just read a comparison between Mardi Gras and Anthem of the Seas (which we've been on) and Mardi Gras is very comparable so I can't wait to be onboard. 

beautiful class of ship. The only bad part is center stage. Booking Mardi Gras as soon as I hear from PVP.

• Like 1