Lotus Spa Massage

Chinacat63

Thinking about getting a massage on the ship for the first time. I’m hearing that there’s a lot of upselling that goes on while you’re getting your massage. Can I get some opinions and experiences on this? 
Also, this might be a dumb question but are you normally naked when you get the massage? 
thank you !

You can wear as much or as little as you feel comfortable.  There is a lot of upselling and that takes the enjoyment out of it, so I choose to schedule one right after I get home…great way to extend my vacation!

• Thanks 1

Noone tries to upset me because I tell the massage person I'm not buying anything right at t h e beginning

It sounds like this is your first massage?

They will give you a robe and you get undressed as much as makes you comfortable 

They do need to touch your body

13 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Noone tries to upset me because I tell the massage person I'm not buying anything right at t h e beginning

It sounds like this is your first massage?

They will give you a robe and you get undressed as much as makes you comfortable 

They do need to touch your body

Yep - same here.  We have been doing that for a few years now.  On first meeting with the massage therapist (when they ask questions about allergies, etc), we ask that they please not try to sell us any products because we have a cupboard full at home that we don't use.  So far it has worked just fine!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chinacat63 said:

Thinking about getting a massage on the ship for the first time. I’m hearing that there’s a lot of upselling that goes on while you’re getting your massage. Can I get some opinions and experiences on this? 
Also, this might be a dumb question but are you normally naked when you get the massage? 
thank you !

Don’t think about it, just do it! 😊.

Wife and I really enjoy getting their massages (except for the prices…lol) and highly recommend them. 

Yes, you can get fully naked (is there really any other way to get a great message??) and they have been very professional and respectful.

I actually don’t ever remember being asked in Princess Spa to buy any products there. They did a couple times offer showing me some stretching exercise I do myself for a sore shoulder issue (nothing regarding $).

Normally at any spa I go to if I’m asked if I would be interested in purchase some products I’ll just kindly say no thanks with a smile and that always ends any further discussion. Never heard of any kind of hard sale in Princess spa but, I‘M just sharing my own experience.

Try it out, you’ll love it☺️, might even see me there a few times (always a embarkation day top list to start the vacation!

Cheers

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, trin880 said:

May I ask what are the tipping ethics? Cash after the massage? Adding to the bill? Thank you.

Auto 18% tip added to room charge (don’t think they ring it up any other way on the ship)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chinacat63 said:

thank you !

Also, if you choose to be completely naked, the massage therapist will not (or shouldn't!) touch the area that would be covered by underwear.

• Thanks 1

Had a massage last night, 4:30p.m., then relaxed in cabin for the evening to let the oils work their magic.

Hint:. If you attend the Lotus Spa ladies pamper party where you do your own mini facial, they discount the 75 min. Swedish massage to 149, plus the 18 percent tip.  I thought it was a good deal.

Arrived in robe, naked.  Merry was very discreet, using towels to cover private lady bits.

She was very flattering, thought I was 60ish, I'm 82. Made my day.

Enjoy!

Joanne

• Thanks 1

Hi

if it helps, you should know that that you are covered with a sheet most of the time. The masseuse  will fold back the covering off whatever part of the body they are working on. 
As for the upselling, just smile and say you are not interested. Just had a great massage on the Sky, one of the highlights of the trip.  As soon as I nicely said, no thanks, the masseuse stopped and just gave me a couple of suggestions, like drinking more water. I hope you pamper yourself. A good full body massage will make you feel absolutely great. (Although like cruising, once you do one, you want another😊.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, phonejock said:

A good full body massage will make you feel absolutely great. (Although like cruising, once you do one, you want another

The least expensive massage I see on that list is $349 for 50 minutes. Nope, nope, nope. I do get a 60 minute massage every 3-4 weeks but it's only upper body. It is waaaaaaaaaaay less than $349 and is a very good massage. My niece is a professional masseuse who is booked solid at all times. If she has a cancellation she posts it on FB and usually has a replacement for the spot within 10-15 minutes. She has very nice, professional office and I'm very satisfied with her work but, as I said above, 60 minutes with her is nowhere near $349.

Princess prices are a lot more than going to my favorite local spa (which is very high-end). A 50-minute massage there is $190 (Member price is even cheaper). So Princess is almost double that.

Not sure why the difference but I have theories.

21 hours ago, Thrak said:

The least expensive massage I see on that list is $349 for 50 minutes. Nope, nope, nope. I do get a 60 minute massage every 3-4 weeks but it's only upper body. It is waaaaaaaaaaay less than $349 and is a very good massage. My niece is a professional masseuse who is booked solid at all times. If she has a cancellation she posts it on FB and usually has a replacement for the spot within 10-15 minutes. She has very nice, professional office and I'm very satisfied with her work but, as I said above, 60 minutes with her is nowhere near $349.

I just checked for my upcoming cruise on the Crown and a 75 min Swedish massage was $219. Not sure what "extras" you get for that $349 50 min massage 🙂 

Cheers

• Haha 1