NCL in Jacksonville, Fl?

based on various articles that can be found it seems like NCL is more in the negotiation phase with the port officials  that it MIGHT happen sometime in the future. no official announcement/press release about it

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shof515 said:

based on various articles that can be found it seems like NCL is more in the negotiation phase with the port officials  that it MIGHT happen sometime in the future. no official announcement/press release about it

I'm an hour from Jax. It would be great to have a 2nd option.

• Like 2

I'd love to see NCL in Jax but at least offering 7 day cruises (along with the 4/5 days) - the shorter ones tend to be too much of a party cruise.  

The Dames Point Bridge is a concern, as stated above, it would have to be a smaller ship to get under the bridge to JaxPort.

Bermuda or the Caribbean would be wonderful - we can hope!  🤞

• Like 3

Wouldn't mind a ship out of JAX. I would be assuming in would be Jewel or Dawn class ship. We drive from Charlotte so Port Canaveral is 7.5 and Miami is about 10.5 hours drive for us. JAX would be about 5.5 hours so would be nice. We prefer the breakaway and Breakaway+ class ships, but for the right price we would do a smaller ship. We usually do the Haven but on those class ships we would not. Oh well we shall see.  

There was a story on the local Jax news lasts night.  There was a meeting yesterday where they were supposed to finalize the contract, but other agenda items pushed it back.  They're now scheduling a meeting next week just for finalizing the NCL contract.

11 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Was reported in the Jax biz journal. 

Maybe closer than we know?

Right!  I saw it yesterday morning.  It sounds like it is happening but of course we have no timeframe of when.  I also read they were expecting it to have longer sailings than the current Carnival ship in port. 
Bermuda would be amazing!

I would assume the ship with be the biggest that can fit under the bridge along with better itineraries to compete with the older carnival ship currently sailing of JAX. Bermuda would be great!!!!

On 1/25/2024 at 7:59 AM, wolft927 said:

I would assume the ship with be the biggest that can fit under the bridge along with better itineraries to compete with the older carnival ship currently sailing of JAX. Bermuda would be great!!!!

I'd love to be able to go to Bermuda without having to go up to Baltimore or NYC. We live in Charleston and have Carnival here (but not for much longer), which is the one line we refuse to cruise, so we won't cruise out of JAX for that same reason. If the itinerary and price are right, I would be happy to cut my trip to a port down by a couple of hours and cruise NCL out of JAX.

9 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

I'd love to be able to go to Bermuda without having to go up to Baltimore or NYC. We live in Charleston and have Carnival here (but not for much longer), which is the one line we refuse to cruise, so we won't cruise out of JAX for that same reason. If the itinerary and price are right, I would be happy to cut my trip to a port down by a couple of hours and cruise NCL out of JAX.

Agreed, We do not cruise Carnival and we live in the Charlotte area. So being able to go to Bermuda and only have about a 5.5 hour drive to the port would be great

• Like 1

We know the smaller ships can fit under the bridge, because at the beginning of the shutdown several NCL ships were docked at the pier Carnival uses, as well as further up the river.  EM