The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday January 25th, 2024

kazu

I do not have a room of my own, but there are days I dream of having one; withe the recent cold, I've had a few days where my clothes clashed - I just wanted to be warm.

Roasted chicken sounds good, I would enjoy the drink and wine, not been to the port. The days in history were big.

Today's weather is a nice break from the cold and wet - it's currently 48° headed to 57° with rain again tomorrow. 1 day is not enough for the yard to drain, so the lake in the backyard will continue to grow and I will continue mopping up muddy doggy tracks.

I host training today for my final group on our new timekeeping system then I move on to doing a user guide on a new portal. First look is due in a week, so that will keep me very busy. My shoulder does not like that much computer time.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

20240125_062714.thumb.jpg.d48cdaf2c7aae907aefdd38c9eeb90dc.jpg

• Like 27

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Just as an experiment I will occasionally post an alternate version of the maps:

global2.jpg.9c6b2d81a4dbc118ca44e9f2e18edb96.jpg

caribbean2.jpg.7506fc42bdfb862f71da707d5c1d72d8.jpg

I wish there was a second color better than green.

Roy

I like this quick visual of names w/the locations 😊

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

@MISTER 67  We like some British cop shows especially Vera and Shetland.

Thanks, we have a neighbor lady who is from England and she also recommended Vera.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

For something cheery, I'll post DD's newest creation before Valentine's Day, a romantic blush colored Celebration tree.  A departure from the usual red for Valentine's Day.  I love it!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Look at those beaded look heart ornaments!  My favorite!

I wonder what she'll think of next?

The tree is beautiful! It would not look so nice after a day with my fur babies.🙄

• Like 10
  • Haha 10

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I've always had a room of my own, but love sharing one with DH.  I definitely try hard not to wear clothes that clash.  Remembering those who died in the service of space exploration.  DH never said I snored, but that I purred.  Only problem was that I purred so loud, he couldn't sleep - until I got a CPAP.  LOL 

The warming trend is continuing; this morning we've got a temp of -9 (15F) and our expected high is 0 (32).  I just heard on the radio that apparently it's misty out right now, which will make things very slick for those trying to get to school and work this morning.  I'm glad we're no longer part of the work force where we have to be out on the roads before the sanding trucks really do their jobs.  I know we had fog last night, so there should be some pretty trees all frosted up this morning.

I didn't sleep well last night, worrying about DH.  He's getting progressively worse - last night just getting undressed for bed left him breathless.  In speaking with the cardiologist this afternoon, I'm going to be sure to tell him how much he's deteriorated in just a week since we saw our PCP.  If it seems to be a long time till he can get more testing, I'm simply going to call an ambulance and they'll have to take him into emergency and deal with things right away.

Speaking of that, @JazzyV if your pain becomes intolerable, have you considered calling an ambulance and going to a hospital where you will have to be seen?  I can't imagine having to wait another month until you can get some relief from your pain.  And I don't know that I could exist on the little sleep you're getting either.

@rafinmd I love the idea of putting Daily cruiser's names at the ship locations - thanks for that!

Nothing on our agenda today (thankfully), but there's always laundry.  I found some fabric the other day that I really liked, so might wash it up and get to work cutting out and sewing coasters.  I'm trying to give my shoulder a break from knitting/crocheting, but I can't just sit and do nothing.  The cortisone shot feels like someone punched me very hard, but it seems to have provided some relief of the continual throbbing I've been having - yay!

I'd definitely like the drink of the day, the wine (which makes great sail-away sparkle!), and the menu suggestion.  I've got some chicken breasts thawing in the fridge that will make their way into the Shake & Bake bag, then in the air fryer.  They'll be served along with baked baby potatoes and a crunch salad at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in wars.  Cheers to all who have something to celebrate today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Dailyites from a foggy, 50 degree day.

Roy, prayers for you, hoping the meds bring your PSA level down. And I love the added Dailyites on your maps! We are so spoiled with all of our contributors! Thank you to Dixie, Debbie, Ann, Vanessa, Sandi and Lenda!

Prayers have been lifted for our ever growing friends and family in need.

I'm with Sandi: all the upheaval going on in the world, you wonder what could possibly be next?

Did you read the news article about a trillion cicadas coming this year? The most in over 200 years. Kinda creepy!

All went fine at DH ultrasound yesterday. The waiting area was jam packed but we got called in after a 10 minute wait. We had our fried catfish afterwards.  The restaurant went through a 2 week renovation and it looks great. There's a big patio in back that is just about finished. Can't wait to see it.

20240124_155540.thumb.jpg.53a8705d97020e3deef00f95bcf29349.jpg

Today we have pedicures and lunch. Tonight is girls game night. 

Wishing everyone a healthy,  happy,  blessed day.

• Like 29

Good morning, everyone!

It is a balmy 33F here in mid-Michigan with an expected high of 38F.  Baby grandson still has no name as the parents can't agree.  Father wants Beau or Weatherby and mother wants Beckett.  We don't care for any of them, but are thankful they aren't considering Puddle or Pond to go with River and her half sister Ocean.  

Today we have pedicures and hair cuts so we will be bee-you-ti-ful when we board the Koningsdam next Tuesday.  I also have to stop by the pharmacy and pick up my prescription, go to the ATM, and stop by the Credit Union to get ones for the bus in Honolulu.  

Today's drink is a health drink.  My grandmother swore by her scotch sours - scotch and orange juice.  The orange juice with all that Vitamin C will ward off evil spirits.  

Today's meal is a good one.  It would be great with company and you could combine it with the roasted vegetables and some garlic mashed potatoes.  This first recipe has you roast the veggies right in the same pan as the chicken.  All those chicken drippings would make the veggies taste wonderful.  https://www.afamilyfeast.com/perfect-herb-roasted-chicken/

herbroastedchicken1.thumb.jpg.9d1af477c94b76b3e8bc2448208e3f75.jpg

Here is a concoction from Food and Wine magazine.  You can also roast the potatoes along with the chicken. That would be good!  https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/herb-and-lemon-roasted-chicken

herbroastedchicken2.thumb.jpg.de36416960ac455f04b30ebf840c3b15.jpg

This one is a garlicky herb roasted chicken.  Bring on the garlic!  That's another health food so between the drink and the dinner, what ails you will be vanquished!  https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/roasted-chicken-garlic-herbs/

herbroastedchicken3.thumb.jpg.24e0a15bf57deee17d4a4a3509e095f8.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 13

Ahem. Jacqui & Rich - I can NOT believe you left off the most important day of all!

Though given its recent weather, it is just starting to re-earn it’s Sunshine State nickname. 😎

IMG_2480.jpeg.133abf15fcf90d7c40d330a80032a604.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Ahem. Jacqui & Rich - I can NOT believe you left off the most important day of all!

Though given its recent weather, it is just starting to re-earn it’s Sunshine State nickname. 😎

It's also Irish Coffee day.

image.thumb.png.fdcb1d2e1821c3b953cc532e2331b4e6.png

• Like 27

5 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

We moved to Florida over 30 years ago, best move ever, we wouldn’t live anywhere else in the USA.

• Like 17

Love the British shows - one of the best is Foyle's War.  Also the new one Anika is very good.  

Sorry to hear about everyone's medical issues.  It seems our medical system here in the US is one of wait and wait vs getting the care we need.

@ger_77  If you call your DH's doctor could he be seen right away vs waiting in the ER?  I hope your concerns can be addressed promptly.

@StLouisCruisers I love the Valentine tree, your daughter is so creative.  

We are packed and pretty much ready to go for our cruise tomorrow. Just a few last minute things to do today.  It is so nice to not have to fly anywhere for this cruise. 

Thank you all for the daily.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

Love the British shows - one of the best is Foyle's War.  Also the new one Anika is very good.  

Sorry to hear about everyone's medical issues.  It seems our medical system here in the US is one of wait and wait vs getting the care we need.

@ger_77  If you call your DH's doctor could he be seen right away vs waiting in the ER?  I hope your concerns can be addressed promptly.

@StLouisCruisers I love the Valentine tree, your daughter is so creative.  

We are packed and pretty much ready to go for our cruise tomorrow. Just a few last minute things to do today.  It is so nice to not have to fly anywhere for this cruise. 

Thank you all for the daily.

@tupper10 Please tell the bartenders at Lido bar "John, Jun, and Manny" hello from Joy and Allen. We sure miss them. Manny makes a wonderful lemon drop!

20231222_121954.thumb.jpg.134525790b02853bae30b51314b0e88a.jpg

• Like 26

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@tupper10 Please tell the bartenders at Lido bar "John, Jun, and Manny" hello from Joy and Allen. We sure miss them. Manny makes a wonderful lemon drop!

20231222_121954.thumb.jpg.134525790b02853bae30b51314b0e88a.jpg

Will do and the picture helps.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Late start this morning. Busy day yesterday and White Night party took its toll. We are here at Easter Island until around noon. Our time zones will start changing as we finally leave Eastern time. We have two more sea days as we sail toward Pitcairn Island of HMS Bounty fame.

Tonight we are attending another Chefs Specialty dinner and it’s Chefs choice so menu will be a surprise.

Even though last night’s buffet with grilled lamb chops and beef kebabs and tons of options was good and they are having a Chilean BBQ. We will probably skip. One has to limit.

Have a great day. Some pics from our Easter Island. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.85b895837abd75aaeab658bd0089b570.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1426acfee3d47c59aca42902666934ec.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6422d3c38b165f909faf34ebfcf2f043.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fe3697942f082a35f10db73a7f2507aa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a0695901fc4461ed32ffed0c3aa36fa5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6a645d1dee91f90f80a33a6da2fadca2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a8949b013e25e5eb5302d61ec3474a23.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.810e704add9cb58b16debc933f38c274.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 12

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for today’s updates.  I had my own room for a good chunk of my younger years and am glad I no longer do.  I’ll pass on clashing clothes day.  Remembering those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for space exploration.  The quote gave me a chuckle.  Yes to the meal and drink suggestions but maybe on the weekend. I haven’t been to today’s port.  Praying for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events and to those who are doing their last minute packing! 🥂

• Like 24

Good Thursday Morning Daiyites! It is pouring buckets right now, there is still some fog, which is making the sound of thunder almost "bubble".  The last time the temp showed, it was at 62, and now it says Record Highs.  DH had his infusion yesterday, and took the rest of the day off, since we didnt get home until 4:30 I wish I had said no to those who wanted a call back yesterday.  I worked two hours, and not one person who wanted a call back answered.  I am burned out with this campaign.  I've been with it since the end of September. At this point I am reaching , if lucky, talking to people who have been called more than 20 times.  Instead of picking up once, talk to someone, hear the pitch and say no, they let it ring a zillion times over months, and then yell at us regarding our calling.  I'm a human, i will call until you say no.  But these computerized calls we have been getting from Sarah regarding medicare are still going on, everyday, and all you can do is hang up, because there is not a real person there.   I yelled yesterday, and the voice  stopped talking.  Interesting.

Back to Rome

After a bit of a rest we decided walk over to see the Trevi Fountain.  The hotel is very close the the Marcus Aurelius obelisk, carved with the mans adventure through his life-

IMG_0476.thumb.JPG.6cde275a19610be86a19bd7106b8e889.JPG

IMG_0477.thumb.JPG.3b662e549719e97f5735780c2450bf77.JPG

But the closer we got to the fountain, we realized, a quiet moment with history and beauty was not going to happen-

IMG_0481.thumb.JPG.dcd43a39a1e3f03140e645219edc4049.JPGI am not into crowds, so we talked it over and decided we would get up very early the next morning and head back to see the fountain.  By the way- the fountain is to the left.

Have a great day everyone!  

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I've always had a room of my own, but love sharing one with DH.  I definitely try hard not to wear clothes that clash.  Remembering those who died in the service of space exploration.  DH never said I snored, but that I purred.  Only problem was that I purred so loud, he couldn't sleep - until I got a CPAP.  LOL 

The warming trend is continuing; this morning we've got a temp of -9 (15F) and our expected high is 0 (32).  I just heard on the radio that apparently it's misty out right now, which will make things very slick for those trying to get to school and work this morning.  I'm glad we're no longer part of the work force where we have to be out on the roads before the sanding trucks really do their jobs.  I know we had fog last night, so there should be some pretty trees all frosted up this morning.

I didn't sleep well last night, worrying about DH.  He's getting progressively worse - last night just getting undressed for bed left him breathless.  In speaking with the cardiologist this afternoon, I'm going to be sure to tell him how much he's deteriorated in just a week since we saw our PCP.  If it seems to be a long time till he can get more testing, I'm simply going to call an ambulance and they'll have to take him into emergency and deal with things right away.

Speaking of that, @JazzyV if your pain becomes intolerable, have you considered calling an ambulance and going to a hospital where you will have to be seen?  I can't imagine having to wait another month until you can get some relief from your pain.  And I don't know that I could exist on the little sleep you're getting either.

@rafinmd I love the idea of putting Daily cruiser's names at the ship locations - thanks for that!

Nothing on our agenda today (thankfully), but there's always laundry.  I found some fabric the other day that I really liked, so might wash it up and get to work cutting out and sewing coasters.  I'm trying to give my shoulder a break from knitting/crocheting, but I can't just sit and do nothing.  The cortisone shot feels like someone punched me very hard, but it seems to have provided some relief of the continual throbbing I've been having - yay!

I'd definitely like the drink of the day, the wine (which makes great sail-away sparkle!), and the menu suggestion.  I've got some chicken breasts thawing in the fridge that will make their way into the Shake & Bake bag, then in the air fryer.  They'll be served along with baked baby potatoes and a crunch salad at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in wars.  Cheers to all who have something to celebrate today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Oh my. I hope the cardiologist urges a quick appointment or ER trip. I am sending prayers your way. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, summer slope said:

Screwdriver cocktail:

A screwdriver is a popular alcoholic highball drink made with orange juice and vodka. While the basic drink is simply the two ingredients, there are many variations. Many of the variations have different names in different parts of the world. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Vodka
Ingredients: 1 3/4 oz (1 part) Vodka, 3 1/2 oz (2 parts) Orange juice
Preparation: Mix in a highball glass with ice. Garnish and serve.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Orange slice
Drinkware: Highball glass

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 6.08.42 AM.png

I prefer a Phillips Head Drink. Easier to screw!

• Like 2
  • Haha 9