Jan/Feb Anthem Sailings - No Lobster Night??

I'm currently booked on Anthem for the March 24-31 7 Night Bahamas and Perfect Day Cruise. I noticed today on the app that the menus for the MDR had changed - including night 6 changing to "Taste of the UK" and no longer having lobster as an unpaid option. Has anyone done the same itinerary so far in January, or have it booked for February, and can confirm if their menus changed as well?

Crossing my fingers they haven't taken away lobster night!

I've noticed that the MDR menus shown in the app prior to sailing are actually the ones from the current sailing for the ship. Since Anthem's current cruise is an 11 nighter the menus will be different from your 7 nighter. It should be fine by the time you sail.

Edited by GimmeOcean
  • Like 1

We had lobsters on Royal nights on Anthem on both Bahamas cruise for Thanksgiving and 11 nights Southern Caribbean on an Jan 7th.

Current sailing is 11 nights and Royal Night is #10 so you do not see it for your 7 night cruise. You see current sailing menu.

Edited by Tatka

10 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

I've noticed that the MDR menus shown in the app prior to sailing are actually the ones from the current sailing for the ship. Since Anthem's current cruise is an 11 nighter the menus will be different from your 7 nighter. It should be fine by the time you sail.

Looking at the Anthem menus for the current 11-night sailing, they have lobster night on day 10.

IMG_1159.thumb.png.badf8f0d02f9a21f0e45c5c3d21c9707.png

Edited by GimmeOcean

25 minutes ago, CruisingInFebruary said:

Thanks so much everyone. I didn't realize the menus showed the current sailing. That makes much more sense. Maybe I'll bring my Walmart lobster just in case. 😉

This is the #1 thing I wish they’d fix in the app. It causes a lot of confusion. On the FB roll call for our December 3rd cruise, people were posting menus from the then-current Thanksgiving week cruise, sure we were going to be getting a holiday meal on Thursday.

Edited by GimmeOcean

23 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

This is the #1 thing I wish they’d fix in the app. It causes a lot of confusion. On the FB roll call for our December 3rd cruise, people were posting menus from the then-current Thanksgiving week cruise, sure we were going to be getting a holiday meal on Thursday.

It is really confusing. I would never expect that when I'm looking at the app menus specifically for my cruise. Maybe they could at least add a heads up... 🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

At least the upcharge lobster tail is real Maine Lobster, not the Caribbean "lobster" served on Lobster Night which is in the crawfish family.

Not so. They changed the free lobster to a real somewhat larger lobster tail some months ago while at the same time limiting the number of free lobster tails you can have to one.

38 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

At least the upcharge lobster tail is real Maine Lobster, not the Caribbean "lobster" served on Lobster Night which is in the crawfish family.

It's supposed to be Maine or as other have said Canadian lobster.  I'm scheduled on the February 9 sail and no lobster shown.  Day 5 is Caribbean, followed by UK, Asia, and venue closed on the 8 nite.  Could this be a 7 night menu of an 11 niter as @GimmeOcean posted.

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, Jcol5786 said:

Not so. They changed the free lobster to a real somewhat larger lobster tail some months ago while at the same time limiting the number of free lobster tails you can have to one.

Thanks.  I was referring to the upcharge in the menu.  So I guess you can get a second lobster tail for $16.99?

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Thanks.  I was referring to the upcharge in the menu.  So I guess you can get a second lobster tail for $16.99?

Yes. I believe the $16.99 lobster is available every night as part Premium Selections at the bottom of the menu. At least that's how it worked on our last two cruises on Anthem last October and December.

7 hours ago, nelblu said:

It's supposed to be Maine or as other have said Canadian lobster.  I'm scheduled on the February 9 sail and no lobster shown.  Day 5 is Caribbean, followed by UK, Asia, and venue closed on the 8 nite.  Could this be a 7 night menu of an 11 niter as @GimmeOcean posted.

I believe Feb 9 is an eight night sailing, not a seven. Same issue, as stated earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sailing on Anthem from March 3rd through 10th. I didn't see lobster on the menu, either. It will be a disappointment if it isn't served, but there are other choices to be had, especially desserts. 

1 hour ago, Calico Mary said:

I'm sailing on Anthem from March 3rd through 10th. I didn't see lobster on the menu, either. It will be a disappointment if it isn't served, but there are other choices to be had, especially desserts. 

Lobster will be on the menu on Night 6.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DbPA said:

No free lobster in MDR on our 9 night cruise out of Rome in September. We were very disappointed.

It is somewhat normal for lobster to not be offered on non-US sailings.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, DbPA said:

No free lobster in MDR on our 9 night cruise out of Rome in September. We were very disappointed. It was occasionally offered for an up charge. 

I've taken 4 12 nights Mediterranean sails and lobster was never offered.  Shrimps was substituted.

I got the lobster tail on our Symphony cruise and it's really not worth worrying about. I think I've had jumbo shrimp that had more meat than the tails were served. It definitely wasn't your typical maine lobster tail. 

On 1/26/2024 at 8:35 AM, TeeRick said:

Where did you ever get that idea? Totally false!

10 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Where did you ever get that idea? Totally false!

Maybe just do some research.  

Cold water true lobsters have claws.

Spiny/Caribbean/Rock lobsters live in warm water, have no claws, and are not classified in the same family as true lobsters.