Paying for specialty dining

34TigerLily

22 minutes ago, 34TigerLily said:

If you book specialty dining in the Medallion app is it charged to your credit card at the time you make the reservation or is it charged to your credit card in your onboard folio?

Payment is immediately made to your chargecard listed in your app.

I’ve never received any email confirmations & take a screenshot from the app and check my c/c statement to confirm payment was made.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

Thanks for all the replies. We are in a suite and get first night specialty dining free but the app doesn't recognize that so we were charged for it. I'll have to get it refunded once I am onboard.

2 minutes ago, 34TigerLily said:

Thanks for all the replies. We are in a suite and get first night specialty dining free but the app doesn't recognize that so we were charged for it. I'll have to get it refunded once I am onboard.

Suites never have to reserved for first night. They keep tables open. We have never reserved and always booked on board and gotten what we want

11 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We have upgraded to Princess Premier which includes 2 speciality restaurants. Is it correct that I will have to pay upfront and then claim a refund onboard? 

Correct.

Alternatively, book them ASAP after boarding. Then it will be charged to your folio and zeroed with your premier dining credit.

6 hours ago, sandancer said:

We have upgraded to Princess Premier which includes 2 speciality restaurants. Is it correct that I will have to pay upfront and then claim a refund onboard? 

I also have Princess Premier and was able to make my reservations without being charged. I used the web based cruise personalizer vs the app and it was easy peasy.

44 minutes ago, ninka26 said:

I also have Princess Premier and was able to make my reservations without being charged. I used the web based cruise personalizer vs the app and it was easy peasy.

When I tried to book via the web it redirected me to the app to make dining reservations. 

5 minutes ago, sandancer said:

When I tried to book via the web it redirected me to the app to make dining reservations. 

Me too. I’ve tried ALL the ways suggested on here - including deleting my credit card details. Nothing worked to make the booking go through with no charge.

So it seems the majority of us with two “free” nights dining have to choose to either pay up front and spend time trying to get it “refunded” on board; or take our chances to get a reservation on board at the day/time we want. 

🤔  thinking of all those funds Princess will hold and earn interest on when so many people choose to pay and then claim refund months later…. 🤣

4 hours ago, sandancer said:

You need to be looking at the "web version" of the app in the cruise personalizer.  Open cruise personalizer.  On the FIRST tab (not the dining tab) which I believe is the "Summary" tab, scroll down just a short ways until you see:

web version.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sandancer said:

I will share what we experienced when we upgraded to Premier for the first time.  We had already made all of our MDR reservations prior to doing the upgrade.  We just left everything as it was since we were fairly close to sailing date.  Once we got on board, we had small reservation cards in our cabin showing where they had just gone ahead and booked us with 2 SD slots.  The slots they had picked didn't work for one night...we just called the dine line and they changed what we wanted right then.  I cannot speak to whether this is standard or whether you might experience the same thing...but it was somewhat nice not to have to jump through the reservations hoop for a change!

I've not had any trouble using the app to book speciality dining.

Recognises my credits from my premier package cancelling payment to $0 on final confirmation.

It also brought to my attention I have credits available to apply when they were available.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You need to be looking at the "web version" of the app in the cruise personalizer.  Open cruise personalizer.  On the FIRST tab (not the dining tab) which I believe is the "Summary" tab, scroll down just a short ways until you see:

web version.jpg

Yay!  It works. 2 speciality meals reserved via the cruise personaliser using dining credits. Thanks Jeannie. 

• Like 3

On 1/28/2024 at 1:29 PM, 34TigerLily said:

We also are supposed to get the complimentary first night specialty dinning. Like you the web sites do not show this and charge you for it. I phoned in to ask about it. The princess dinning phone representative said go ahead and charge it, then it will removed as a charge when you check out, or make the reservation onboard, or just show up. Don't worry they said. We will try making reservations on board once we settle in. We shall see.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 1:01 PM, jagoffee said:

Cruise Raider is correct.  I had to wait and initially I was confused when the credit did not appear immediately upon a cancellation.  

On 1/29/2024 at 7:02 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

web version.jpg

first attempt didn’t work after navigating around and going back in to this part of the site it did. My situation- made 2 reservations on app using my 2 comp’d SDs for Premium Pkg but decided to also go to more expensive venue than Sabitini’s. So I cancelled Sabatini’s and rebooked paying the upcharge. The app wanted to charge me gor making another SD booking and after several days the credit never reappeared. BTW, I checked my credit card on file and nothing was ever charged so…

9 hours ago, Cdude said:

first attempt didn’t work after navigating around and going back in to this part of the site it did. My situation- made 2 reservations on app using my 2 comp’d SDs for Premium Pkg but decided to also go to more expensive venue than Sabitini’s. So I cancelled Sabatini’s and rebooked paying the upcharge. The app wanted to charge me gor making another SD booking and after several days the credit never reappeared. BTW, I checked my credit card on file and nothing was ever charged so…

Were you using the New AP or the Old AP?  What do you mean by “paying the upcharge”?

36 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Were you using the New AP or the Old AP?  What do you mean by “paying the upcharge”?

New app. Specialty Dining venues charge extra money. It’s not included in your cruise fare.

7 hours ago, Cdude said:

New app. Specialty Dining venues charge extra money. It’s not included in your cruise fare.

Just to clarify.  The Premier package includes two speciality dining choices and the suite includes another one on the embarkation night, are you saying the new AP has an error and charges a surcharge depending on which location you select?  This must be an error.  I booked my on the older AP some time ago and nine of the information on either benefits states that there might be an upcharge?

On 1/30/2024 at 11:02 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

web version.jpg

Thank you!!!!! I’d tried all the advice. THIS is what finally worked. Our two nights of Premier Dining Package are now booked ahead of the cruise, at no charge. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TrixieBel said:

Thank you!!!!! I’d tried all the advice. THIS is what finally worked. Our two nights of Premier Dining Package are now booked ahead of the cruise, at no charge. 

I have Premier and on the NEW app booked two included, no extra charge SD reservations without issue. The problem occurred when making a change. After I canceled one the new app didn’t give me the credit back for one more SD reservation. Others have pointed this issue out and gave said you need to wait until the credit shows back up. It doesn’t happen automatically, which is an app design flaw. I used the site also and it worked for me too. 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2024 at 4:47 AM, sandancer said:

Check and see if your account shows dining credits while trying to book them in the app.  Mine did and so wasn’t charged for my reservations booking them ahead of the cruise.