Bunk Beds - Carnival Panorama (interior)

Hello,  first time
cruiser (husband and me ) we got a gift certificate for a cruise and  was told that we are getting a room with bunk beds so the travel agency is charging  us $645 to get two twin beds on the floor.

And I was wondering 1-  if there's any bunk beds in panorama 2- is that a change that  we can do directly with carnival , wondering if they just trying to get more $$ and call it an upgrade.  Thanks you 

23 minutes ago, Mermaid2390 said:

Hello,  first time
cruiser (husband and me ) we got a gift certificate for a cruise and  was told that we are getting a room with bunk beds so the travel agency is charging  us $645 to get two twin beds on the floor.

And I was wondering 1-  if there's any bunk beds in panorama 2- is that a change that  we can do directly with carnival , wondering if they just trying to get more $$ and call it an upgrade.  Thanks you 

I would certainly call twin beds on the floor an “upgrade” over bunk beds.  
Are you allowed to reject that upgrade and save the money?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who gave you the gift certificate?  It sounds like a time share reward.  A 1A cabin with one on the floor and one in the ceiling.  And of course to get twins you have to pay up.  Do you have to work with a particular agency?  Have you priced out the cruise as if you were booking a regular inside cabin?  How does it compare with the upsell price?  EM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mermaid2390 said:

Hello,  first time

I was curious so looked at the deck plan/cabin categories. There is an "Interior Upper Lower" that features one twin bed and either an upper pullman or sofa bed.  

Take a look at the fare for this and other cabins for your date and itinerary just to make sure you can't get an inside with two twins for the same or less.   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Ok thanks

Yes, it's up to us.

If we say no, we're getting a room with bunk beds.

4 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Thank you

No, it's up to us if we what to upgrade for twin beds.

I just wanted to make sure that they have bunk beds rooms  and  twin beds on the floor.

For it to be considered an upgrade.

And is not that they want to charge us for something that doesn't exist.

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Who gave you the gift certificate?  It sounds like a time share reward.  A 1A cabin with one on the floor and one in the ceiling.  And of course to get twins you have to pay up.  Do you have to work with a particular agency?  Have you priced out the cruise as if you were booking a regular inside cabin?  How does it compare with the upsell price?  EM

Thank you

Yes, from a time share and it is through a travel agency. 

Yes, I did compare the prices with carnival website, but I didn't see an option for interior with bunk beds n interior with twin beds on the floor, it's only shows a price for interior.

That is why I was wondering 

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

I was curious so looked at the deck plan/cabin categories. There is an "Interior Upper Lower" that features one twin bed and either an upper pullman or sofa bed.  

Take a look at the fare for this and other cabins for your date and itinerary just to make sure you can't get an inside with two twins for the same or less.   

Thank you, I will do a better research 

11 hours ago, Mermaid2390 said:

Thank you

Yes, from a time share and it is through a travel agency. 

Yes, I did compare the prices with carnival website, but I didn't see an option for interior with bunk beds n interior with twin beds on the floor, it's only shows a price for interior.

That is why I was wondering 

When you are booking an inside the cabins the ones with bunks are 1A cabins.  All of the others will have a twin/queen.  EM

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

When you are booking an inside the cabins the ones with bunks are 1A cabins.  All of the others will have a twin/queen.  EM

We've actually booked 1A before (with a porthole) that had twins, not bunks. It may depend on the ship and location of the rooms.  

This link may help, if you know the ship and room #!

https://www.shipcabins.com/

• Thanks 1

I just got off the Panorama and had a 1A with portholes.  It had one single bed and a couch that could be made into a bed.  I didn’t need that because I was sailing solo, but the cabin attendant had it made up when I got there.  It seemed like it would be quite comfortable but took away from the space available in the cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1