Star Pride A/C Issues

suzeshoes

Our third cruise on SP in a year was taken 11/11/23, and we absolutely can't say enough good things about the ship, the crew, the service, the food!!! If they would only fix the A/C! One crew member explained that only two of the 3 units works. And if you happen to be in a cabin affected by this lack, and you are in a warm location (bear in mind that most of the cabins have only windows that don't open) it will be extremely uncomfortable. They are gracious and will move you if there is availability but we find it difficult to believe that this has not been addressed. And when you ask booking agents, they have no idea. We so enjoy the ship but decided we cannot return until this problem is fixed. It also affects most of the public areas by reception on 5 and also 6. That said, if indoor heat doesn't affect you...go for it!  Just wondered if some of the cancelled cruises have anything to do with getting this fixed.  When it was explained to us, it sounded like a major repair.  Also just as an FYI, i have tried twice to write a review of this cruise and put this information in it and both times my submission was not accepted.  They suggested that I just post the information in the forums.  So here we go.  Hope others read this and find it helpful.

3 hours ago, suzeshoes said:

Our third cruise on SP in a year was taken 11/11/23, and we absolutely can't say enough good things about the ship, the crew, the service, the food!!! If they would only fix the A/C! One crew member explained that only two of the 3 units works. And if you happen to be in a cabin affected by this lack, and you are in a warm location (bear in mind that most of the cabins have only windows that don't open) it will be extremely uncomfortable. They are gracious and will move you if there is availability but we find it difficult to believe that this has not been addressed. And when you ask booking agents, they have no idea. We so enjoy the ship but decided we cannot return until this problem is fixed. It also affects most of the public areas by reception on 5 and also 6. That said, if indoor heat doesn't affect you...go for it!  Just wondered if some of the cancelled cruises have anything to do with getting this fixed.  When it was explained to us, it sounded like a major repair.  Also just as an FYI, i have tried twice to write a review of this cruise and put this information in it and both times my submission was not accepted.  They suggested that I just post the information in the forums.  So here we go.  Hope others read this and find it helpful.

Thanks for posting. Do you happen to know which cabins are affected ?

I am about to book a cruise on the SP.  It will be my first with Windstar.  I would be very upset with a warm cabin.  I don't sleep well in warmer temperatures.  I am generally easy to please but when things start messing with my quality of sleep I am not a happy camper.

I was on the Pride recently and did not notice any problems with temperature nor did I hear anyone complaining. Not the case when I was on it earlier last year when heat was definitely a problem.

We were on the SP Dec 2-9 and also mid Feb of 2023, both times in the new section. No issues at all but others complained during our February cruise and I believe they received compensation for the inconvenience.  I searched several forums and it appears a/c issues on the sp has been an ongoing issue.

Just got off Star Pride. Our AC worked fine. It did seem to get just a bit warmer towards the end of our cruise but not enough to disrupt our sleep (we like it pretty cold at night). 

1 hour ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

Just got off Star Pride. Our AC worked fine. It did seem to get just a bit warmer towards the end of our cruise but not enough to disrupt our sleep (we like it pretty cold at night). 

Hope you had fun, we had a great cruise too. Came home to miserable weather. The Surf is being refreshed soon but she was still great. I wrote a review. 

• Like 1