Adding Another Person to Cabin

5 minutes ago, Happy1Valley said:

My friend and I are booked for a cruise in May.  What do I need to do to add another person?

Thanks in advance.

Does the cabin you booked hold 3 or more people? Also, if you booked directly with Carnival, you can call to add the 3rd person, if you booked with a travel agent, you need to contact them.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Does the cabin you booked hold 3 or more people? Also, if you booked directly with Carnival, you can call to add the 3rd person, if you booked with a travel agent, you need to contact them.

I booked directly with Carnival.  But after researching, I see it only sleeps 2 people although the picture shows a sofa.  

14 minutes ago, Happy1Valley said:

I booked directly with Carnival.  But after researching, I see it only sleeps 2 people although the picture shows a sofa.  

You will need to call carnival and select a different cabin that can sleep 3 if available and they will advise how much extra it will cost. 

1 hour ago, Happy1Valley said:

Usually the sofa is made up into the 3rd bed so you may already have a cabin for 3. Make sure that is the case and then call Carnival to see what the 3rd fare would be to add another to the booking.

5 hours ago, Happy1Valley said:

My friend and I are booked for a cruise in May.  What do I need to do to add another person?

Thanks in advance.

Also check to see what the cost of them getting a separate cabin if you need to get a different cabin.  

Thanks for the advice everyone.  

The third person has decided she doesn’t want to go due to the warnings about Nassau.  I’m so happy she decided this before changing our booking.  But, now I know the process thanks to the responses.  

• Like 1

If you are new to cruising, another bit of useful information to know about cabin capacity is that the number of people allowed in a cabin is controlled by the number of passengers assigned to a life boat station.

The cabins for each station has  configurations for the potential maximum number of passengers that can be accommodated in a cabin. The sum number of all those numbers will often be higher than the number of passengers for the lifeboat section.

For that reason, while a cabin you have booked may have additional bedding  to add a passenger sometime after you have booked, you may be told that another passenger can not be added to your booking as the lifeboat station is at capacity for passengers for your sailing.

• Like 2