Pre cruise hotel recommendation - Ex Fort Lauderdale

I really like the Riverside Hotel.   Right on Las Olas Boulevard which is lined with shops and restaurants.  I think our taxi from the Port to the hotel was less than $20.  The restaurants attached to the hotel are very good and very reasonably priced.   Staying there again in April before we board Silhouette.

Joe

• Like 2

I have stayed a few times at the Rennaissance which is right across the street from the port.  Close to lots of restaurants, and easy to walk to Total Wine if want to pick up a bottle or two of wine to take on board.   

13 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I have stayed a few times at the Rennaissance which is right across the street from the port.  Close to lots of restaurants, and easy to walk to Total Wine if want to pick up a bottle or two of wine to take on board.   

Stayed here. Proximity was cool. Older hotel, and there was a problem with elevators, but I comp’d so I couldn’t complain. 

2 hours ago, gerelmx said:

The Hilton Marina

The Hilton Marina is lovely.  Just ask though if they have a convention going on there.  When we went last year, the hotel was fully booked, majority of which was  a convention    The bar area and restaurant were blocked off,  only for the  convention peoples use.   Management told a few of us Going on cruises that we would get a $20 voucher to buy a sandwich at their snack area.  Not what we had envisioned.   We would stay here again, only if reassured not fully taken over by a group and we would be able to eat there.  (We were too tired to scout around for other restaurants )

• Like 1

Cambria Suites in Dania Beach.   Close to airport and cruise port.  Spacious and quiet room.  Restaurant in house for breakfast and lunch.   Walking distance to other restaurants and stores. 

On 1/30/2024 at 11:29 AM, jelayne said:

Riverside or Hyatt Place on 10th avenue our the ones we prefer.

Does Hyatt Place charge to park overnight or charge a resort fee or any other junk fees?

3 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

Does Hyatt Place charge to park overnight or charge a resort fee or any other junk fees?

Hyatt Place , no resort fee, might have an over night fee. We have never parked a car there. I know they have a cruise package where you stay a night and then have parking for a week. You might want to call the hotel. Its a great place to stay, and I have been to most of them in this area. 22 cruises so far.

On 1/30/2024 at 11:29 AM, jelayne said:

Riverside or Hyatt Place on 10th avenue our the ones we prefer.

Have gone to both, prefer the Riverside but I always arrive around noon. If my flight did not arrive till late afternoon would do Hyatt Place 10th Ave if it is less expensive.