Devices on Princess Plus Plan

mrkrpan

Hello All - sorry if this is a repeat - I've looked around for a while and can't find what I'm looking for. 

My princess plus plan says that we get wi-fi on one device.  

if my phone is in airplane mode, and I'm using it with wifi, that's my one device, yes?  

So if I was going to need to use my laptop, I'd need to purchase a 2nd device. 

Sorry for overthinking it, but please confirm.

thank you!

1 device per person.
If you sign in to your phone you can not sign in again using your ID to your laptop. If you want to use your laptop, use your partners ID provided he/she hasn’t already sign in to a different device. 
I use my iPhone and my wife uses her iPad. 

Edited by DHP1

2 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

1 device per person. If you sign in to your phone you can not sign in again using your ID to your laptop. If you want to use your laptop, use your partners ID. 

Could you sign out and then go to another device? Hopefully I can go from iPhone to iPad!🤔

4 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Could you sign out and then go to another device? Hopefully I can go from iPhone to iPad!🤔

No. The system recognize one device which you have to use all the time. 
I hear what you are saying and you would think it should work. See what others have to say. I always done it this way. 

Edited by DHP1

3 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I hear what you are saying and you would think it should work. See what others have to say. I always done it that way. 

Ok, thanks very interesting!

11 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

This must have very recently changed. I’ve always used a one device plan between my iPad and iPhone. If I try to login on one device, it will state that I’m already logged on with a different device and ask if I want to switch devices. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

This must have very recently changed. I’ve always used a one device plan between my iPad and iPhone. If I try login on one device, it will state that I’m already logged on with a different divine and ask if I want to switch devices. 

Yes, that is what I had hoped. It is what we have done on other cruise lines. Very annoying as prior to Covid we had some free Elite internet and now nothing. It is one of the reasons we took the Plus package.

Guest Snaxmuppet
3 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

No. The system recognize the other device. 

That isn't the way that it has been described elsewhere on the forum...

The way I understand it is that yes, you can use more than one device... just not at the same time. When you go to sign in on the second device it asks you if it OK to sign you out from the first.

So that way yes, you can use multiple devices but only one at a time.

You get one "sign in" effectively... each. So you can be signed in on one device and so can your wife.

No, this is not true.  If you have one device it means you can only use one device at a time.  You can log in and out of the devices so, you can use your iPhone or iPad at different times.  
I’ve done this hundred times.  Just switch back and forth between the devices you want to use.  
they will help you at the Ocean Navigator station onboard but it is really evident when you try to log into a different device.  It will ask you if you want to swap devices right on your phone.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

That isn't the way that it has been described elsewhere on the forum...

The way I understand it is that yes, you can use more than one device... just not at the same time. When you go to sign in on the second device it asks you if it OK to sign you out from the first.

So that way yes, you can use multiple devices but only one at a time.

You get one "sign in" effectively... each. So you can be signed in on one device and so can your wife.

Edited by DHP1

28 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I hear what you are saying and you would think it should work. See what others have to say. I always done it this way. 

Absolutely not true. The system recognizes that you want to use a second device and actually asks you if you want to log it off. You can use as many devices as you like...just one at a time if you have the 1 device plan.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Rick & Jeannie are exactly right, you can use more than one device.  It's just one device at a time.

I've signed out of one and into another for years prior to having the premier plan where it's 4 devices.  

• Like 5

On the last cruise I had just three months ago I used my I-Phone and I-Pad throughout the cruise, just not at the same time.  When I went to switch it signed me out of the other device.

• Like 3

Just now, railman said:

On the last cruise I had just three months ago I used my I-Phone and I-Pad throughout the cruise, just not at the same time.  When I went to switch it signed me out of the other device.

And that is exactly the way it's supposed to work.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

This is NOT correct. We just came off the Regal and we bought the 1 device package. Hubby and I used it all week on 4 devices. Both of us had a phone, I had a tablet and hubby had his computer.

You do NOT have to sign out of anything. What ever device you sign on to will kick out the other device that was last used. It was very simple!

ETA.....oops I should have read further. Looks like others got it right.

Edited by Coolcruise02
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

Since we are talking wifi, how do I find the password to use it for my android phone . Do I just turn on airplane mode like the original poster said.

There is no password. You enter your cabin number and birthday and the system checks to confirm that you are supposed to have wifi.

• Like 2

Guest Snaxmuppet
29 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

Since we are talking wifi, how do I find the password to use it for my android phone . Do I just turn on airplane mode like the original poster said.

It is an unsecured wifi connection. It needs to be that so that people that haven't purchased internet can still use OceanNow and the other free wifi-connected services.

But when you try to access the internet it will ask for cabin and birthday to authenticate your access to the internet.

Ok. So you are saying that when I first go to try and search on in my case Chrome, a pop up will automatically show up asking for birthday and cabin.   That is easy. Thanks.

Now I am confused.  I understand only one device at a time on the Plus package.

But if both cabin mates have the plus package, does each person get their own sign in?

So if I have an iPhone and iPad, I can use just one of those, but  my cabin mate has an iPhone and a computer they can use just one of theirs, but can we each be using at the same time?

Maybe I'm asking:  Are there are two sign-on IDs in one cabin on the Plus package since we both have purchased that?  

54 minutes ago, greenbeanie said:

But if both cabin mates have the plus package, does each person get their own sign in?

So if I have an iPhone and iPad, I can use just one of those, but  my cabin mate has an iPhone and a computer they can use just one of theirs, but can we each be using at the same time?

Maybe I'm asking:  Are there are two sign-on IDs in one cabin on the Plus package since we both have purchased that?  

To answer your last question, yes you both can log on. Both of you will have an account and entering the same cabin number but both will enter their own birthdate.

Makes me question what if you both have the exact same birthday (have no idea what the odds are but obviously extremely high🤣

For an example, both my wife and I have plus. We both have iPhones so I will enter our cabin and my birth date on my phone. She has her own iPhone so she will enter our same cabin number but with her birth date. We both have our own internet connection.

When we get into are cabin at night we both have our own iPads and we will do the same as above and internet will be switched from our phones to iPad.

Its really simple and after the first time you will be a pro😊

Edited by AZjohn
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, greenbeanie said:

@AZjohn you describe it better and beat me by a few seconds. 🙂

Edited by nasa1974
  • Thanks 1