Cabin Sizes

Is there a place where I can find the various square footages of all the cabins? My husband hates tiny cabins and needs to know before he goes. We’re looking at 

Oceania

Celebrity

Princess

Thank you!

All of the above referenced cruise lines' web sites will have descriptions of the various staterooms and suites that will include the square footage, as well as balcony size in those categories that have one.

This site - cruisemapper - will also provide layouts and size descriptions as well.  Here is the link:

https://www.cruisemapper.com

Typically, however, most standard double occupancy staterooms will be in the 175 - 200 square foot range, with suites scaled larger depending on category.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, indigosails said:

Is there a place where I can find the various square footages of all the cabins? My husband hates tiny cabins and needs to know before he goes. We’re looking at 

Oceania

Celebrity

Princess

Thank you!

Can you share what sq ft to your husband that is considered tiny?

Just curious without any purpose other than curiosity.

I personally am challenged with some river cruise line cabins and the fact that you have to turn sideways to walk beside the bed and that the only open space is the entrance between the closet and the bathroom door.  Viking River base French Balcony that we go for is only 135 sq ft.  Interesting however that VIking Aquarium Cabins are bigger than the French Balcony at 150 sq ft.

We are satisfied with the lowest category of cabin on Viking Ocean which is 270 Square Feet which includes the veranda.  This is more than enough room for us with a small seating area and a desk.

13 minutes ago, indigosails said:

He has claustrophobia and wants > 300 sf. (40 years I’ve been married to this man—25 cruises—and this is a new wrinkle!)

Then you are most likely looking at suites on all of the aforementioned lines. 

BTW Oceana is in somewhat of a different class of cruise lines from Celebrity and Princess as it is a premium line.  You would be more comparable to Silversea, Regent, Viking Ocean, etc., in considering Oceana v Celebrity and Princess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Then you are most likely looking at suites on all of the aforementioned lines. 

BTW Oceana is in somewhat of a different class of cruise lines from Celebrity and Princess as it is a premium line.  You would be more comparable to Silversea, Regent, Viking Ocean, etc., in considering Oceana v Celebrity and Princess.

I agree. The suites on O are +/- $7k pp. I’m afraid he’s going to have to bite the bullet. Thanks for your help.

38 minutes ago, indigosails said:

I agree. The suites on O are +/- $7k pp. I’m afraid he’s going to have to bite the bullet. Thanks for your help.

Have you checked out the mini-suites on Princess.  My friend and I shared one on Sky Princess and found it spacious enough for 2 people.  The website says for the newer ships that category is about 320 square feet.  Sapphire Princess and Coral Princess, smaller ships, also shows 320 sq. feet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Type "cruise ship cabin sizes" into Google.

I have. IME most pages you find tell you the range of sizes that the cruise line's website tells you and not the exact size of that particular cabin. It's frustrating!

10 hours ago, indigosails said:

He has claustrophobia and wants > 300 sf. (40 years I’ve been married to this man—25 cruises—and this is a new wrinkle!)

You are coming close to rejecting anything less than a suite.  As an outsider, I cannot help thinking that he might just have developed a new rationale for refusing to cruise - as opposed to late-onset claustrophobia.

• Like 3