Bella Experience Dinning Options

BookBikeBeyond123

Hi all,

I would like to understand the difference between Bella vs Fant for the MDR options…. Is it true that with Bella you are restricted to the Wave? And is it true that with Bella you won’t be able to get the speciality dining packages.

is it possible to buy the speciality dining package once you are onboard? Do you still get the discount?

Thanks!

A lot depends on the ship, but for the most part Bella and Fantastica technically would have equal chance to be assigned any given MDR.   The only official difference is Bella gets last choice of dining times, Fantastica gets priority. 

On Meraviglia there are more pronounced differences between the MDR's; decor, ceiling height, openness, and windows/views.  It does cause the perception that some are nicer than others, Panorama being more desirable and Waves being least.  Aside from Aurea getting Panorama I  don't think MSC actively gives Fantastica much, if any, weight in which restaurant they are assigned. 

I'll state now I've dined in all Meraviglia restaurants and actually had the best service and meals in Waves.  Yes, Panorama was more esthetically pleasant but the times I dined there it was too crowded, chaotic and it was too dark outside for any views.  I also think any advantage Fantastica might get in assignment to a "nicer" dining room would be lost if choosing a desirable time slot.

Website experience level wording is difficult to interpret but I've recently booked Bella, since the confusing wording, and was offered dining packages pre-cruise.  Similarly priced dining packages are available once on the ship but will include a 15% gratuity.

Edited by Até

26 minutes ago, Até said:

A lot depends on the ship, but for the most part Bella and Fantastica technically would have equal chance to be assigned any given MDR.   The only official difference is Bella gets last choice of dining times, Fantastica gets priority. 

On Meraviglia there are more pronounced differences between the MDR's; decor, ceiling height, openness, and windows/views.  It does cause the perception that some are nicer than others, Panorama being more desirable and Waves being least.  Aside from Aurea getting Panorama I  don't think MSC actively gives Fantastica much, if any, weight in which restaurant they are assigned. 

I'll state now I've dined in all Meraviglia restaurants and actually had the best service and meals in Waves.  Yes, Panorama was more esthetically pleasant but the times I dined there it was too crowded, chaotic and it was too dark outside for any views.  I also think any advantage Fantastica might get in assignment to a "nicer" dining room would be lost if choosing a desirable time slot.

Website experience level wording is difficult to interpret but I've recently booked Bella, since the confusing wording, and was offered dining packages pre-cruise.  Similarly priced dining packages are available once on the ship but will include a 15% gratuity.

Thank you!

Is my understanding correct that its unlikely for either Bella or Fant guests to get to eat at the MDR other than Waves? Can Aurea guests choose which MDR to eat?

Also, for breakfast and lunch, can Bella guests go to other MDR?

Do you get the 20% off specialty dining package as Bella? Does buying directing on the ship occur a 15% more cost?

Meraviglia has four MDR's, Bella and Fantastica may be assigned to any of them.  Panorama is the only one set up for anytime dining so Aurea is always assigned there. 

Only one restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch, this restaurant has varied.  Initially it was Panorama but lately I believe it has been Waves.   Getting to eat dinner at a different restaurant than where they serve breakfast and lunch is a three out of four chance. 

In the past I know Bella and Fantastica got the same discount offer on dining packages.  I can't say definitely that hasn't changed but the package prices I was offered as Bella seemed typical.  I'm unsure of the claimed percent discount.

Edited by Até

I have sailed on the Meraviglia four times. The first time I was in Aurea an got to eat in a designated section of Panorama, right along the rear windows. The second time I was solo in Fantastica and I got assigned a sharing table in L'Olivo dor'o for the early dining time, which I had specified as my preference. However, my tablemates at that table were THE WORST and I immediately asked to be moved to a different table after the first night and was assigned another sharing table in Panorama for the early seating. My third time in the Meraviglia I was in Fantastica with my husband and we were assigned a sharing table with three other couples in L'Olive dor'ee for the learning dining time, which we had set as our preference. My most recent time on the Meraviglia, I was solo, but traveling with a group of solo friends and we had all linked our reservations. We were a mix of Bella and Fantastica and were initially assigned a 6:00pm dining time, but my tablemates all felt that was too early, so we asked to be changed and were given an 8:00 dining time in Panorama.

All of this is to say that, as Fantastica, my choice of early dining has always been honored. I am not sure that your experience level has any bearing on which dining room you will be assigned to.

48 minutes ago, Boowaaccaa77 said:

Does the Aruea or Fan package include specialty  dining?

No experience level includes specialty dining.   You can book specialty restaurants individually once on the ship or purchase a dining package pre-cruise.

47 minutes ago, Até said:

No experience level includes specialty dining.   You can book specialty restaurants individually once on the ship or purchase a dining package pre-cruise.

Also, if you status match to Diamond or achieve Diamond through acquiring enough points, Diamond status affords one specialty meal per sailing.

On 2/1/2024 at 2:50 PM, JamieLogical said:

All of this is to say that, as Fantastica, my choice of early dining has always been honored. I am not sure that your experience level has any bearing on which dining room you will be assigned to.

Do you make this request once on board? We have our first MSC cruise booked and did Fantastica- not really concerned MUCH about dining and times, but would like to request a general time if it's possible...just want to make sure it's not something I should have mentioned to the Customer service rep on the phone, or wait to do on board. 

5 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Do you make this request once on board? We have our first MSC cruise booked and did Fantastica- not really concerned MUCH about dining and times, but would like to request a general time if it's possible...just want to make sure it's not something I should have mentioned to the Customer service rep on the phone, or wait to do on board. 

I selected my dining preference when booking online.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I selected my dining preference when booking online.

Hmmm... I did mine on the phone, but now I look at the booking and "dining request" just has a blank line next to it. I still have 10 months, maybe I'll call and at least request a time. Thanks!