Becoming Elite on Celebrity

runner2013

HI all, 

Have a question about reaching Elite status on X after becoming Diamond on Royal.  DH were Emerald status on Royal last year, we took our first X cruise over Christmas and were given the reciprocal status of Select which was great.  We've been on Royal since then and have now reached Diamond level status.  I was looking at cruises for us on X again, and noticed my account still says my status is Select and not Elite. We were under the impression when we reached Diamond on Royal we would also move up on X and become Elite status level. (at least as far as the perks go. We know our actual point value is much lower since we've only sailed on X once.) Are we wrong in our thinking? or is it we just need to call X and let them know to adjust it?

Any help greatly appreciated. 

TIA

6 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

HI all, 

Have a question about reaching Elite status on X after becoming Diamond on Royal.  DH were Emerald status on Royal last year, we took our first X cruise over Christmas and were given the reciprocal status of Select which was great.  We've been on Royal since then and have now reached Diamond level status.  I was looking at cruises for us on X again, and noticed my account still says my status is Select and not Elite. We were under the impression when we reached Diamond on Royal we would also move up on X and become Elite status level. (at least as far as the perks go. We know our actual point value is much lower since we've only sailed on X once.) Are we wrong in our thinking? or is it we just need to call X and let them know to adjust it?

TIA

Just call 

10 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

HI all, 

TIA

You won't move to Elite status on Celebrity but you will be able to enjoy Elite perks if you book and board a Celebrity cruise ship.

cas-loyalty-flyer.pdf

Edited by d9704011

We had the same problem and once I called Celebrity showed that I actually had 2 accounts set up.  The one I kept signing into only showed Select and when she deleted that account it showed Elite.

33 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

You won't move to Elite status on Celebrity but you will be able to enjoy Elite perks if you book and board a Celebrity cruise ship.

cas-loyalty-flyer.pdf 511.56 kB · 2 downloads

I understand that. but if my status on X says I'm still Select, how will the crew and ship know I should be getting the elite perks? 

27 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

I understand that. but if my status on X says I'm still Select, how will the crew and ship know I should be getting the elite perks? 

Ah, I see.  Good advice from cruisestitch to ensure the accounts are linked.

My hubs just texted me. He went into our accounts individually and took out the Loyalty number then put it back in. That did it. We both now show Elite in the app and on the website. 

Problem solved. 

Thanks for the help everybody😊

Edited by runner2013

2 hours ago, Mark_K said:

When did that change? When I first signed up I was given Elite status with zero points.

It didn't/hasn't change. That's exactly how the reciprocal program works. RC D, D+, P  first time Celebrity equals Elite with "0" cruise points. 

2 hours ago, Mark_K said:

When did that change? When I first signed up I was given Elite status with zero points.

That's still the same as far as I know.  When we said Celebrity for the first time we were Diamond with Royal and started on Celebrity as Elite with zero points.  Only accumulated points through sailing on Celebrity. 

MSC was the first time we were given points as part of a status match. 

Edited by DaKahuna